Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
Anna and I have a long wait a head of us. We likely won't be finished until well into 2013. Anna's pregnancy delays the medical until late July, then who knows. So, we may be the last of the 2010 group.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Mark_Anna said:
Ocean_end.....................I am from June 2010 but only me & Theresa_Lynn left here all other May..June..July 2010 got their PR. I don't know why this back ground check took too much time & why they need back ground check when we already gave them police clearance from canada & native country?!
I sent in my UK police certificate because I spent about a year there. I'm from the US. When I got my AIP, they didnt ask me for a Canadian police clearance. Is this abnormal?

baba2010

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Hi Anna and mark don't worry I have my Aip on feb 2010 and then medical,rprf ,and police record on June 2010 except xray coz of pregnancy which was done on dec 2010 and show on my ecas on oct 2011"""" sep 2011 they ask for update copy of passport coz other was expired and history update forum after that I m waiting,,,call cic last week she told me nothing from my end,,but they r updating their information,,,so let's hope and pray every one

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Baba.....wow for you it's really a long time of 2 years now. In our cases we

Mark_Anna, Theresa_Lynn, CEC, GiGi, Ocean_end & Mmwaann are waiting more than 18 months total.
They (Phone agent) also told me no update but hopefully very soon. I heard that after June 2010 they are extremly slowing down. Someone was telling me that before March 2012 they have to finish all 2010 pending files.

If my file is in special case than only possibility I found is "I was an International student" before for 6-7 years but all the time I was legal status & also attend colleges.

My time line:

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor Mark_Anna on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on April 6, 2011.

We sent you a letter on April 6, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence
We received Mark_Anna application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing Mark_Anna application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information from Mark_Anna on March 10, 2011.

A decision has been made and Mark_Anna will be contacted.

We received the requested information from Mark_Anna on August 8, 2011.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazyLucy said:
I sent in my UK police certificate because I spent about a year there. I'm from the US. When I got my AIP, they didnt ask me for a Canadian police clearance. Is this abnormal?
Yeah crazylcky,its pretty normal.....they will not ask you for Canadian police clearance that is why they do the background check on all applicant so with your uk police certificate and a FBI clearance you are good to go.....keep your finger cross for the second stage....good luck.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
tozo said:
Yeah crazylcky,its pretty normal.....they will not ask you for Canadian police clearance that is why they do the background check on all applicant so with your uk police certificate and a FBI clearance you are good to go.....keep your finger cross for the second stage....good luck.
Well I turned 18 in the UK but I am a US citizen. So I didnt have to do a FBI clearance.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
So this is my timeline.

We received your application for permanent residence on August 24, 2010.

We started processing your application on October 15, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 19, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

They didnt even mention my medicals and they didnt ask me to re-do them in the AIP letter. Do medicals just not show up for some people?

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Mark_Anna said:
Ocean_end.....................I am from June 2010 but only me & Theresa_Lynn left here all other May..June..July 2010 got their PR. I don't know why this back ground check took too much time & why they need back ground check when we already gave them police clearance from canada & native country?!
anyone know if there were anyone left from 2009 still waiting? well I guess I'm the earliest left... submitted my app in April 2010, started processing in June, got AIP Dec and waiting ever since... guess we are all waiting for background checks while some other people two stages at once... how can someones multiple background checks be done in a day and ours take a year!??1

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Mark_Anna said:
Baba.....wow for you it's really a long time of 2 years now. In our cases we

Mark_Anna, Theresa_Lynn, CEC, GiGi, Ocean_end & Mmwaann are waiting more than 18 months total.
They (Phone agent) also told me no update but hopefully very soon. I heard that after June 2010 they are extremly slowing down. Someone was telling me that before March 2012 they have to finish all 2010 pending files.
how can they slow down after June 2010 when half the people that submitted in 2011 already got their AIP and DM?

why do you have 2 received information dates? did they request info multiple times? all they send me was a update info for the previous 2 years in may and they updated onto the file in aug

my OWP is about to expire Feb 28 and currently not working, do I have to apply for extension or does being in the inland process give me legal status?

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Ocean_end........... they ask me two time one in March for address & study history than after AIP they ask for police clearance from my native country which they include on 8th August 2011 since than waiting for final stage.

Because you applied for PR and while waiting you are still legal in canada but can't go outside of canada & re enter. Yes job is a peoblem in Toronto that's why I am planning to go back to Vancouver from where I came here 2 years ago, atleast my friends there can help me to find a job.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
Mark_Anna said:
Because you applied for PR and while waiting you are still legal in canada but can't go outside of canada & re enter. Yes job is a peoblem in Toronto that's why I am planning to go back to Vancouver from where I came here 2 years ago, atleast my friends there can help me to find a job.
That depends ...

If she received her open work permit as a consequence of AIP, then she must get the extension application in before the work permit expires.

If you submit an open work permit application together with a PR application, you are on implied status until AIP and open work permit is awarded. However, If after being awarded that same OWP, you must continue to extend it before its expiry.

Actually, looking at her profile, she did receive her OWP as a consequence of AIP. She must extend it before it expires!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I have my AIP and my OWP. However, I see everyone in their timelines with 'Medicals have been received' and I havent gotten that. This is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on August 24, 2010.

We started processing your application on October 15, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 19, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Is this just neglect from the people who work the E-Cas or have they not gotten my medicals? They didnt ask for my medicals when I got my AIP letter. They only asked me to do my UK police report. Am I worrying over nothing?

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi Inlanders 2010,

CEC, GiGi, Theresa_Lynn, Ocean_end, Mmwwwaaan,,,,,,

Today my phone machine messege changed. Hopefully e-cas will change in two days. May be good news for everyone who is waiting for second stage.

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
annabruce said:
That depends ...

If she received her open work permit as a consequence of AIP, then she must get the extension application in before the work permit expires.

If you submit an open work permit application together with a PR application, you are on implied status until AIP and open work permit is awarded. However, If after being awarded that same OWP, you must continue to extend it before its expiry.

Actually, looking at her profile, she did receive her OWP as a consequence of AIP. She must extend it before it expires!
I received my work permit after I graduated before I was a internaitonal student so I did not have to wait for AIP to get the WP. My orignal passport expired Feb 1st, 2012, so my WP/health card all expires on the same day. Just got my passport renewed, so I guess I need to hand in my extension before it expires to keep implied status? Don't you need to be currently employeed in order to get a extension on a WP?

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Mark_Anna said:
Hi Inlanders 2010,

CEC, GiGi, Theresa_Lynn, Ocean_end, Mmwwwaaan,,,,,,

Today my phone machine messege changed. Hopefully e-cas will change in two days. May be good news for everyone who is waiting for second stage.
Ooooh what did the phone message say? That's really good news :D I hope u hear something.