Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi Katie-van!

Congratulations!!! And thanks for your update. My application was received on Sep 30 too, but my e-cas still shows In Process. I'll be checking daily now since they should be really close ;D

Question - what would be expiry date for medicals? Is it one year from the date on the receipt (when I actually went to DMP office to do the medical) or the date when CIC actually got it from DMP? As we all know it takes few days for DMP to get Xrays and blood work results so they can submit their report. I have Jul 23 on the receipt... I'm on the edge... encourage me, please :)

Appreciate you responces!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Just landed at Edmonton CIC local office. I am so glad that this process is over. It was a long journey. :)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Congrats, Adzees! Welcome as a landed PR!
How was the 'ceremony' at your CIC local?

@Latvian: You have a big chance to be already processed, but eCas is just not updated yet (usually takes 1-2 days). You could already check with the CIC hotline. Don't worry about your medicals. One year is standard, but they can extend it if you didn't leave Canada in the mean while. But I suppose you're already processed by now.

@Katie_Van: congrats on the big news! Let's hope you can land soon!

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
adzees said:
Just landed at Edmonton CIC local office. I am so glad that this process is over. It was a long journey. :)

CONGRATULATIONS ADZEES!!!

Now time to celebrate and open that bottle of wine!

Stethar

Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah, the 9 months for the second stage have passed, and still no answer....
is there anything I could do to investigate what's going on (I'm reading a lot about papers having gone missing whilst sent from Security to Immigration)? Anything?
Thank you so much for your answers.
btw, call centre just tells me to keep waiting.

mm04

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
07-08-2010
LANDED..........
13-07-2011 (Vancouver)
Hi guys,

I just wanted to post a short update. I landed yesterday at the Vancouver office. In total about 25 - 30 people landed. First we had to sit down according to a designated seat number, then we had to check our COPR for any mistakes. Afterwards they checked if the photos were okay. Then my wife and I were lucky cuz we were one of the first people to sit down with the IO. She asked the three questions, checked the photo again and asked me to sign three times. And then she shook hands with us and said congratulations! What a relief after this process :)

The PR card will arrive in about 6 to 8 weeks.

In the evening we had a nice dinner to celebrate!

I would like to thank all forum members for their help and friendliness, and especially young_love for starting this thread and keeping the chart up to date - GOOD JOB!!!

To all of you out there who are still waiting - hang in there - good news will definitely come to you as well!

To all of you: Enjoy life in Canada! :)

All the best,
mm04

lhet_sept2010

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-09-12
LANDED..........
23-09-2011
Latvian said:
Hi Katie-van!

Congratulations!!! And thanks for your update. My application was received on Sep 30 too, but my e-cas still shows In Process. I'll be checking daily now since they should be really close ;D

Question - what would be expiry date for medicals? Is it one year from the date on the receipt (when I actually went to DMP office to do the medical) or the date when CIC actually got it from DMP? As we all know it takes few days for DMP to get Xrays and blood work results so they can submit their report. I have Jul 23 on the receipt... I'm on the edge... encourage me, please :)

Appreciate you responces!
Hi Latvian,

I did my medical last August 26, 2010. But then WHen I got my AIP letter they said a new medicak is now required which I also confirm when I called CIC. I told them it's not yet one year, but they said it's going to expire soon so much better that I'l do it.

..and I did it just today.. I will pass my Open work permit application together with the receipt of my medical tomorrow..

lhet_sept2010

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-09-12
LANDED..........
23-09-2011
Hi guys,

I just did my medical again today as they requested.

Where can I send the requested missing document, I mean I want to send them the receipt as a proof that I did my medical already.

And Can I send my proof of medical + OWP application to the same address?

Please help.. thanks guys..

application sent: sept 12, 2010
application received: sept 15, 2010
application processed on: nov 3, 2010
passport requested: june 20, 2010
AIP: june 20, 2010
re-medical requested: june 20, 2010

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
lhet_sept2010 said:
And Can I send my proof of medical + OWP application to the same address?
Yes, make sure it's the department that handles PR applications that get your OWP demand, that's the only way to get it with first stage approval (so don't send it to the regular work permits department).

By the way, a few of your dates listing 2010, shouldn't they be 2011?

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
im so frustrating now, it seems the aug,sept applications already landed but me? i sent july 30th but still i process the second stage and the worsts my medical (300 )Will expire this 23rd...im not lucky same with the guy i read here that 9 months past already for the second stage but still in process..... :mad: :( :'( :-[ :-X

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
katie_van said:
Good morning, My e-cas is FINALLY updated!!!! :D

I checked e-cas last night there wasn't any change, when I checked very early in the morning it was updated.
I feel like I'm still dreaming~ :)
CONGRATULATIONS! :D
I am so glad for you! Finally you got it!!! What a wonderful news!

@Latvian
I cross the fingers for you, Latvian! Hope your application was already processed!

lhet_sept2010

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-09-12
LANDED..........
23-09-2011
Jurjen said:
Yes, make sure it's the department that handles PR applications that get your OWP demand, that's the only way to get it with first stage approval (so don't send it to the regular work permits department).

By the way, a few of your dates listing 2010, shouldn't they be 2011?
oh so sorry jurjen, i got the AIP on june 20, 2011. do you you what address to send my documents?

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ADZEES,IT SEEMS YOU'RE PROCESSING TIME WAS TOO LONG.....IM FROM EDMONTON TOO,THATS WHY IM THINKING NOW THAT WE WILL BE THE SAME CASE......

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys

my e-case just update

We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 8, 2010.

we received the requested information on June 16 2011.thank you for providing the information.

please is this a normal ? is someone in the same soup?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
murphy said:
ADZEES,IT SEEMS YOU'RE PROCESSING TIME WAS TOO LONG.....IM FROM EDMONTON TOO,THATS WHY IM THINKING NOW THAT WE WILL BE THE SAME CASE......
Yeah i guess, but its all over now so i am happy. Also they lost my medicals during the process which may have affected my timeline. And during the whole process, i had the work permit, health card and every thing so it didnt really affected me.

The main reason which i can think of behind the longer processing was due to the medicals result being lost. I may have to go through in depth security checks because of my home country. So things add up, and every case is different. Stay positive :)