+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application OWP

canada93india91

Nov 27, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My boyfriend (same-sex) and I have been together for about a year now. We have never lived together but he is coming to study here in a few months. He can only study for 10 months and then after he will apply for a post-grad work permit for another 10 months. After a year of a common-law relationship we are planning to apply Inland as common-law. He is from India (requires a visa). After the first application stage is done, will he be given an OWP? Are we guaranteed one? How does all of that work? Is there other ways for him to stay longer? He is very limited with visas because he is not from an exempt country. Thanks to anyone that can give me info

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canada93india91 said:
After the first application stage is done, will he be given an OWP? Are we guaranteed one? How does all of that work? Is there other ways for him to stay longer? He is very limited with visas because he is not from an exempt country. Thanks to anyone that can give me info
Nothing is ever 100% guaranteed with CIC but he should have no issues getting an OWP after first stage approval. All he has to do is submit the OWP app along with the PR app. Submission gives him Implied Status, allowing him to stay in between the expiry of his PGWP and the issuance of his OWP. He can then live and work in Canada on the OWP until he gets his PR.