+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland application - Documents requested after sponsor approval

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
For our inland sponsor application, two days ago I received Sponsor eligibility approval email and at the same time my wife has received email from CPC.Mississauga to submit more documents/photos proving our cohabitation and relationship. It seems the agency thinks we are not a genuine couple. Plus the fact that we got married here in city hall and none of the photos have any friends or family may raise suspicion. That's only because we don't have anybody in Canada so am I supposed to invite? We didn't take a lot of photos that day either.
Can anyone tell me how to make our case more convincing? I am having problems linking the application from my wife's account. The only other option is webform which people have said is not trustworthy. We only have 3 weeks to submit these items.

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hi! I went through a similar situation. We received Sponsorship approval and a document request for more proof of cohabitation. Try to find as much info as you can (joint bank account and statements showing 1 year of being in a common-law relationship, rental agreements signed by both of you, mail sent to the same address that dates to more than a year). If you can, get your landlords to write letters that state that you have lived together for more than a year and that your relationship is genuine. I also sent the tax returns that we filed together. This is probably not an exhaustive list of what you can send, this is mostly what I sent. I submitted everything through a webform, (just beware that because of covid it's taking 10 business days from the day that you send the docs to the day they get transferred to the office that is dealing with your case). I do advise you to submit as soon as possible. Good luck!

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi! I went through a similar situation. We received Sponsorship approval and a document request for more proof of cohabitation. Try to find as much info as you can (joint bank account and statements showing 1 year of being in a common-law relationship, rental agreements signed by both of you, mail sent to the same address that dates to more than a year). If you can, get your landlords to write letters that state that you have lived together for more than a year and that your relationship is genuine. I also sent the tax returns that we filed together. This is probably not an exhaustive list of what you can send, this is mostly what I sent. I submitted everything through a webform, (just beware that because of covid it's taking 10 business days from the day that you send the docs to the day they get transferred to the office that is dealing with your case). I do advise you to submit as soon as possible. Good luck!
Thanks for the info.