+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland application and spouse just found out she's pregnant

adam_b_416

Aug 28, 2017
I'm currently in the process of an inland application, I'm not sure which step number we're on but we just recently sent in our police background checks.

My spouse who I am sponsoring she is a Japanese national, and lives here in Canada (Toronto) with me. We just found out she's 4-5(?) weeks pregnant.

I'm not too sure what our options are, can she go into a clinic or hospital for a checkup without a health card or visa? Will she have to go back to Japan to see a doctor?

Adam

arimame

Aug 31, 2017
Japan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-10-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
She can still see a doctor but you will have to pay out of pocket if she isn't covered by any insurance.

Reactions: adam_b_416

adam_b_416

Aug 28, 2017
She's uninsured, so paying is understandable. But from all the clinics I find on Google, they require you to enter your OHIP #.

Are there special doctors/clinics I should be searching instead?

I am searching for "family doctors", or "walk in clinic" via Google.

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
She's uninsured, so paying is understandable. But from all the clinics I find on Google, they require you to enter your OHIP #.

Are there special doctors/clinics I should be searching instead?

I am searching for "family doctors", or "walk in clinic" via Google.
If she needs prenatal care, she needs an OB/GYN. Call their offices, explain the situation, and they can discuss payment at that point.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I'm currently in the process of an inland application, I'm not sure which step number we're on but we just recently sent in our police background checks.

My spouse who I am sponsoring she is a Japanese national, and lives here in Canada (Toronto) with me. We just found out she's 4-5(?) weeks pregnant.

I'm not too sure what our options are, can she go into a clinic or hospital for a checkup without a health card or visa? Will she have to go back to Japan to see a doctor?

Adam

She should immediately call around to all the local midwife offices to see if she can secure one as her care provider for pregnancy and delivery. They will offer their services for free even to those without OHIP coverage, may just need to pay for things like ultrasounds or bloodwork. If no complications arise, there will be no need to ever see or pay for a doctor. But need to request them quickly after finding you're pregnant since midwives are in very high demand and will fill up their available spots.

Has she done her PR medical exam yet? If she doesn't want to take the x-ray portion due to pregnancy, this will delay the PR app medical until after she gives birth.

She should refrain from leaving Canada since the inland app requires sponsor and applicant to reside together in Canada for duration of processing.