Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jadarius said:
Shock of a lifetime.. went to 6900 airport road as request. Only then did we find out that the common-law sponsorship application was denied. (don't know why)
but also that they have inforced a deportation order 3 weeks is what he is given to leave. Head spinning right now
Ugh, that's terrible - and an absolutely terrible way to learn about it since you didn't even hear from CIC directly.

If you wish to challenge the refusal you will have 15 days from the date you receive the refusal letter to file an application for leave and judicial review in Federal Court. It is definitely best to have an attorney if you wish to pursue this option but an attorney can request a stay of the deportation order.

jadarius

Mar 10, 2011
THanks Computergeek - considering all options including us getting married - him leaving and applying Outland. But without knowing why it was denied makes the next steps unclear

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jadarius said:
Thanks Computergeek - considering all options including us getting married - him leaving and applying Outland. But without knowing why it was denied makes the next steps unclear
The first step to an "Application for Leave and Judicial Review" is to note that "written reasons were NOT received" and that then triggers a Rule 9 letter to CIC who must provide you with written reasons (I think they have 10-15 days but it might be as much as 30 days.) Many people file the application ($50) JUST to get the written reasons.

I agree - it's tough to do anything when you don't know why they've refused the application.

If they doubt the legitimacy of the relationship, getting married won't fix that issue. Are you in a position to move with him to his home country? That could be persuasive on an outland application if they think this is an MOC. Did you have any indications there were concerns or issues? An interview, a request for additional information?

kuojason

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 7 2011
Doc's Request.
Sept 2012 (updated background & 2rd medical request)
AOR Received.
March 2012
Med's Request
Oct 2012 (second time)
DM: Feb. 25 2013 - Finally after 22 months of wait

Any idea how long for the Winnipeg appointment/processing time?

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
jadarius said:
Shock of a lifetime.. went to 6900 airport road as request. Only then did we find out that the common-law sponsership application was denied. (don't know why)
but also that they have inforced a deportation order 3 weeks is what he is given to leave. Head spinning right now
Wow, that's awful, I really can't believe that they would do such, u will have to fight that good fight when all has fail remember God is in control paady, leave it with him and prayer even harder. I'm still waiting since 2011

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
jadarius said:
THanks Computergeek - considering all options including us getting married - him leaving and applying Outland. But without knowing why it was denied makes the next steps unclear
How can they refuse without even an interview to determine whether the relationship is genuine?........really weird.....

QE2Guy01

Aug 27, 2012
Hello everyone,
Nothing that CPC or CIC does surprises me anymore, it would appear that there are people working there who are completely clueless and have absolved themselves of accounability, competancy and compassion. What a truly horrific experience for Jadarius, I am truly sorry for what has happened to you, I hope that you will manage to find a way to get out of the situation you are in, I do wish you well. My own news is not very cheerful either. My spouse and I filed our application in October of 2011. In August of 2012 we received a letter advising us that our file had been transferred to the local Calgary office. We were not told why or given an estimated waiting time. I wrote to CIC Calgary and received a reply which told us that with the current backlog of applications waiting for review we would have to wait until March of 2014. I then requested our FOSS notes. I received the FOSS notes and after reading them discovered that my spouse has passed all of the requirements, but once again there is no reason given for the file transfer. I decided to contact our local MP for assistance. The MP made an official inquiry with CIC on our behalf and we received the following information: "This file was transferred from CPC Vegreville to CIC Calgary because Vegreville was unable to reach a decision in this case. The Immigration Officer was not convinced that the marriage requirement had been satisfied. This is not to say that they concluded that you were not married, only that they were not satisfied that you were indeed married, this file is estimated to be reviewed in March of 2014". My spouse and I were legally married in the presence of my family in Calgary in October 2010 and we did include copies of all the official legal documentation with our application so I fail to undertand how it is that one can in fact be married and yet not be married?. Also it really annoys me that these faceless, nameless strangers who really know nothing about you have the power to assume the worst, waste your time and make your life miserable. I am fortunate as I have Canadian and UK citizenship, if I end up getting a refusal for our application and a deportation order is issued for my spouse I will send an email to Stephen Harper and Jason Kenney telling them that they can both get stuffed and that I will be renouncing my Canadian citizenship and returning to Europe as soon as possible...

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
QE2Guy01 said:
Hello everyone,
I wrote to CIC Calgary and received a reply which told us that with the current backlog of applications waiting for review we would have to wait until March of 2014. I then requested our FOSS notes. I received the FOSS notes and after reading them discovered that my spouse has passed all of the requirements, but once again there is no reason given for the file transfer. I decided to contact our local MP for assistance.

That is the worst of it. You get kicked to the side and wait over a year, when it could only take a 1 hour conversation to clear up the matter. Or if they requested more documentation... Something. That is just cruel. Any you just wait another full year with no viable alternatives.

I'm sorry.

jadarius

Mar 10, 2011
computergeek said:
The first step to an "Application for Leave and Judicial Review" is to note that "written reasons were NOT received" and that then triggers a Rule 9 letter to CIC who must provide you with written reasons (I think they have 10-15 days but it might be as much as 30 days.) Many people file the application ($50) JUST to get the written reasons.

I agree - it's tough to do anything when you don't know why they've refused the application.

If they doubt the legitimacy of the relationship, getting married won't fix that issue. Are you in a position to move with him to his home country? That could be persuasive on an outland application if they think this is an MOC. Did you have any indications there were concerns or issues? An interview, a request for additional information?

The only additional request we got was for more proof that we had been living together for the year long period to validate that we were in fact common-law. I spoke to our lawyer this morning and he is going to file an extenstion to appeal the decision (as we never recieved the decision letter) so that we can get some time for them to send us a copy of the letter. I have also requestion a copy of the file under the information act. So we will take the proof that we are appealing the decision with us on Friday (when he is suppose to go back and surrender his passport) and hopefully that will stay the deportation order.

I think once we know why he was denied, we can them decided if we should continue the appeal or abandon it and thing of the next move.

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
QE2Guy01 said:
Hello everyone,
Nothing that CPC or CIC does surprises me anymore, it would appear that there are people working there who are completely clueless and have absolved themselves of accounability, competancy and compassion. What a truly horrific experience for Jadarius, I am truly sorry for what has happened to you, I hope that you will manage to find a way to get out of the situation you are in, I do wish you well. My own news is not very cheerful either. My spouse and I filed our application in October of 2011. In August of 2012 we received a letter advising us that our file had been transferred to the local Calgary office. We were not told why or given an estimated waiting time. I wrote to CIC Calgary and received a reply which told us that with the current backlog of applications waiting for review we would have to wait until March of 2014. I then requested our FOSS notes. I received the FOSS notes and after reading them discovered that my spouse has passed all of the requirements, but once again there is no reason given for the file transfer. I decided to contact our local MP for assistance. The MP made an official inquiry with CIC on our behalf and we received the following information: "This file was transferred from CPC Vegreville to CIC Calgary because Vegreville was unable to reach a decision in this case. The Immigration Officer was not convinced that the marriage requirement had been satisfied. This is not to say that they concluded that you were not married, only that they were not satisfied that you were indeed married, this file is estimated to be reviewed in March of 2014". My spouse and I were legally married in the presence of my family in Calgary in October 2010 and we did include copies of all the official legal documentation with our application so I fail to undertand how it is that one can in fact be married and yet not be married?. Also it really annoys me that these faceless, nameless strangers who really know nothing about you have the power to assume the worst, waste your time and make your life miserable. I am fortunate as I have Canadian and UK citizenship, if I end up getting a refusal for our application and a deportation order is issued for my spouse I will send an email to Stephen Harper and Jason Kenney telling them that they can both get stuffed and that I will be renouncing my Canadian citizenship and returning to Europe as soon as possible...
you think that is bad!!!we filed in march 2011 and transferred in April 2012....and guess what Edmonton waiting time is 24 months ....so we have to wait 24 months after transfer ...and no reason is provided...the only thing mp found out was they may need an interview,,,,,but wait 2 years after transfer..... Calgary is still 6 months ahead of Edmonton.....its the worst thing...people here in Edmonton are waiting more than 18 months and still their file has not been even opened or touched....

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
I got my foss note today , still checking backgrounds and medica etc but I paid 700 $ 75+475+150(temporary work permit) I don't pay my right permanence fee yet but in the note said "current balance 150$ " ?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Tecle said:
I got my foss note today , still checking backgrounds and medica etc but I paid 700 $ 75+475+150(temporary work permit) I don't pay my right permanence fee yet but in the note said "current balance 150$ " ?
They haven't processed the work permit yet, so the fee is not due. Hence your $150 balance.

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011