Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
LauraCanada said:
Smart Lab! :) yes yes fingers crossed we get DM for Christmas :D
Congratulations! I hope your Stage 2 is swift and sure as well!

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
computergeek said:
Congratulations! I hope your Stage 2 is swift and sure as well!
Thank you Thank you!!!

I hope the same, CIC didn't request me any finger prints or anything more than what they already have. I should get my FOSS notes in a week or so...fingers crossed!!!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
LauraCanada said:
Everyone!!!

I am happy to say that after 15 months I GOT AIP TODAY!!!

Just got an email from CIC stating step 1 has been approved and they are working on step 2!!!

Oh my I am so happy and crying like a little girl!!!

congratulations!!!! :eek: ;D :D ;) that's very good news Laura!

now the Christmas is gonna be so much more enjoyable for you guys. don't worry your second stage is coming. enjoy it!

cheers!

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
kitchener_inland said:
congratulations!!!! :eek: ;D :D ;) that's very good news Laura!

now the Christmas is gonna be so much more enjoyable for you guys. don't worry your second stage is coming. enjoy it!

cheers!
Thank you darling! Oh yeah Im so excited I cannot even sleep...It's 1:30am and I am totally awake loooool
Oh yeah...I and my fiance spent all evening house hunting on internet...I feel like we are getting our lives back hehehe

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
labhouise said:
I just got off the phone with CIC.
First time ever I didn't have to wait, got straight through to an agent !!

He told me they were re-working a background check ( not sure what that means )but everything looks good on my file
Said to give a call back in 2 week and everything should be finalized

So finger crossed, I might have an early Xmas present !! :) :)

Lab

hey, Lab

thats great news! I have a feeling you will receive your second stage before Christmas. and I really hope you do. :) it would be a nice Christmas present. crossing my fingers for you. hope the best

cheers!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
LauraCanada said:
Thank you darling! Oh yeah Im so excited I cannot even sleep...It's 1:30am and I am totally awake loooool
Oh yeah...I and my fiance spent all evening house hunting on internet...I feel like we are getting our lives back hehehe

:) that's very nice to hear. I hope everything goes very well for you guys.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone help me please. If I want to request my electronic notes I download the imm 5563 form, check off the box that says privacy act, electronic files, status of an application, and under immigration file in canada I check perminant resident? Is this correct? And what would I put for location would that be vegreville? And requesting this does not effect the processing of the application right?

Thanks!!!

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
kitchener_inland said:
hey, Lab

thats great news! I have a feeling you will receive your second stage before Christmas. and I really hope you do. :) it would be a nice Christmas present. crossing my fingers for you. hope the best

cheers!
Hi Kitchener :)

Thanks, I hope I will get DM soon but who knows, as you say, fingers crossed !!

Hope all is well with you and your prepairing for your first Christmas as a Canadian PR !!

Lab

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
wolanila said:
Can someone help me please. If I want to request my electronic notes I download the imm 5563 form, check off the box that says privacy act, electronic files, status of an application, and under immigration file in canada I check perminant resident? Is this correct? And what would I put for location would that be vegreville? And requesting this does not effect the processing of the application right?

Thanks!!!
Hi Wolanila

Yes, check PR.
Location is Vegreville
And No, it won't effect your application.

Good Luck

Lab

LNA

Jun 27, 2012
Hi folks, for those who got their DM, can you kindly advise :

1) Is your Ecas updated first on the document received eg "thank you for providing the information..." and DM at a later date? OR

2) Ecas will update SIMULTANEOUSLY both document received and DM on the same day?

CIC received (I tracked the mail) my police clearance report on 26 Sep, which is more than 2 months ago but still no update on Ecas yet of the receipt. Police clearance is the final document requested in AIP letter. My first stage was approved on 28 Aug 2012 and I am waiting anxiously for DM on my 2nd stage.

Thanks!

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
LNA said:
Hi folks, for those who got their DM, can you kindly advise :

1) Is your Ecas updated first on the document received eg "thank you for providing the information..." and DM at a later date? OR

2) Ecas will update SIMULTANEOUSLY both document received and DM on the same day?

CIC received (I tracked the mail) my police clearance report on 26 Sep, which is more than 2 months ago but still no update on Ecas yet of the receipt. Police clearance is the final document requested in AIP letter. My first stage was approved on 28 Aug 2012 and I am waiting anxiously for DM on my 2nd stage.

Thanks!
Hi LNA,

We got AIP on Sept 18th and CIC requested my medical, on the second week of November ECAS updated to "medical results have been received" and since then nothing - so I am sorry to report that once the requested information shows up on ECAS, the process may still go on! But as you can see from this forum - everything with CIC is on a case by case basis so you could get DM straight away. Fingers crossed that you do!

All the best,

CanED

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
hi everyone! finally landed! here's my experience,

my husband and I arrived at exactly 8 am, at the entrance, a guard asked our appointment letter, so I showed it then he lead us into the elevator. At the reception, they took my landing letter and asked if I paid already so I said yes, then told us to wait at the waiting area. After about 15 mins, an agent called my name and we followed her to a cubicle. Inside, the agent asked an identification id of my husband (the sponsor, he showed his health card), veryfied his name and everything, and then asked my husband if he is still willing to sponsor me, well obviously my husband said ofcourse. Then, I was asked to provide these documents: passport and my old passport where I had the stamp of my entry in canada, CSQ and the letters that was attached with it, all my immigration permits, the online receipt and my pictures. Basically, the agent just verified if all the infos are correct, and checked the details in the passport, then asked me if I have been convicted/charged of any offense, then if I have dependents/children outside canada (my answer to both was NO)... After that the agent took 1 picture and measure it, returned the other 1. when everything was in order, she handed me a booklet, and told me to read it, then left us for few minutes. When she returned she brought my COPR, there were 2 copies, she checked if all the infos in the Copr are correct and asked me to put initials on the 2 questions I was being asked, then asked me to sign and write the date. She handed me client's copy of COPR and said welcome to canada. Around 8:45, we're out of the building.

During the interview, the agent told me that I have to wait for 8 weeks for my PR card to arrive before i can apply for SIN, but i can renew my health card anytime (which i did right away, went to RAMQ and renewed it, i didn't pay anything since i was told that my current picture will be used for my new card).

Here's the sad part, I went to Service Canada in Jarry hoping that I can get a new SIN (like VINLANDER's wife) since the SIN i have started with 9 and is expired already. Unfortunately, the agent told me that I am missing a stamp on my passport and told me that he can't issue me a SIN unless I have that. He gave me CIC'c number and told me to call and ask. I didn't argue with the agent, since the agent from CIC told me to wait for the PR card, and that's the rule. i just thanked him and said bye :-( I guess I am just not lucky. I will try to go to Decarie next week just to check if Service Canada's systems are all the same.

This SIN rule "thing" drives me nuts. I just cant understand why we need to wait for the PR card, or have a stamp on our passport, etc...

Anyways, I am still happy and thankful that I am PR already. For those who are still waiting for their DM, goodluck, your time will come soon! Just pray and have more patience. God Bless every one and Thank you very much co-inlanders!

LNA

Jun 27, 2012
CanED said:
Hi LNA,

We got AIP on Sept 18th and CIC requested my medical, on the second week of November ECAS updated to "medical results have been received" and since then nothing - so I am sorry to report that once the requested information shows up on ECAS, the process may still go on! But as you can see from this forum - everything with CIC is on a case by case basis so you could get DM straight away. Fingers crossed that you do!

All the best,

CanED
Hi CanED, thanks!! :)
Infact, I called the call center just now and the agent wasn't helpful at all and it made me even more worried. She said there is no sign of any police clearance report in my file and if it is lost or not received by a "specific" deadline, I will be contacted to furnish a new one (?!). She further mentioned that (said the same standard answer which we all here already know) I have to wait 8 months for DM. I regretted calling which instead of clearing my doubt, I am more concerned now if they really lost my police report... well, but after a while, I decided not to let that dampen my spirit, I will ignore what she said and continue to wait patiently. I know some folks here wait even longer. Finger cross and hope those waiting for stage 2 like me, can get DM soon. Looking forward to Xmas holiday :D

LNA

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
lyn28 said:
hi everyone! finally landed! here's my experience,

my husband and I arrived at exactly 8 am, at the entrance, a guard asked our appointment letter, so I showed it then he lead us into the elevator. At the reception, they took my landing letter and asked if I paid already so I said yes, then told us to wait at the waiting area. After about 15 mins, an agent called my name and we followed her to a cubicle. Inside, the agent asked an identification id of my husband (the sponsor, he showed his health card), veryfied his name and everything, and then asked my husband if he is still willing to sponsor me, well obviously my husband said ofcourse. Then, I was asked to provide these documents: passport and my old passport where I had the stamp of my entry in canada, CSQ and the letters that was attached with it, all my immigration permits, the online receipt and my pictures. Basically, the agent just verified if all the infos are correct, and checked the details in the passport, then asked me if I have been convicted/charged of any offense, then if I have dependents/children outside canada (my answer to both was NO)... After that the agent took 1 picture and measure it, returned the other 1. when everything was in order, she handed me a booklet, and told me to read it, then left us for few minutes. When she returned she brought my COPR, there were 2 copies, she checked if all the infos in the Copr are correct and asked me to put initials on the 2 questions I was being asked, then asked me to sign and write the date. She handed me client's copy of COPR and said welcome to canada. Around 8:45, we're out of the building.

During the interview, the agent told me that I have to wait for 8 weeks for my PR card to arrive before i can apply for SIN, but i can renew my health card anytime (which i did right away, went to RAMQ and renewed it, i didn't pay anything since i was told that my current picture will be used for my new card).

Here's the sad part, I went to Service Canada in Jarry hoping that I can get a new SIN (like VINLANDER's wife) since the SIN i have started with 9 and is expired already. Unfortunately, the agent told me that I am missing a stamp on my passport and told me that he can't issue me a SIN unless I have that. He gave me CIC'c number and told me to call and ask. I didn't argue with the agent, since the agent from CIC told me to wait for the PR card, and that's the rule. i just thanked him and said bye :-( I guess I am just not lucky. I will try to go to Decarie next week just to check if Service Canada's systems are all the same.

This SIN rule "thing" drives me nuts. I just cant understand why we need to wait for the PR card, or have a stamp on our passport, etc...

Anyways, I am still happy and thankful that I am PR already. For those who are still waiting for their DM, goodluck, your time will come soon! Just pray and have more patience. God Bless every one and Thank you very much co-inlanders!
Congrats lyn, and thank you for sharing your landing experience with us. Would you mind telling when did you get your DM for second stage ?