+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Militarywife said:
Yes you can, I actually booked my ticket for December 11th, I am not sure if I will get the pr card yet. But someone will just mail it to me, if not I will apply for a temporary travel document.

Hope you get your interview date soon.
One cannot leave Canada if u do not have ur PR card!! Since on ur passport when u go for ur landing interview they dont stamp any VISA....
onto it..
Sorry I sneaked into ur conversation.... but do call cic & I am sure they will guide u the same.!

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
nonoo said:
Thank you very much Ann for your comprehensive reply, actually the letter we received is via mail at our lawyer's office I just collected it today and it has a separate letter for redoing the medical. My question is since I am asked to do the medical again how long it's going to delay the second stage because I have heard people have been waiting for quite a few months after submitting the medical.
hey,

either way u have to do ur medical... so if they have sent u a letter to re-do ur medical do it asap... & hope that ur 2nd stage gets approved fast
like i said earlier it all depends... on cic... u might be lucky u hear about ur 2nd stage sooon say 1-2 months

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Ann81 said:
hey,

either way u have to do ur medical... so if they have sent u a letter to re-do ur medical do it asap... & hope that ur 2nd stage gets approved fast
like i said earlier it all depends... on cic... u might be lucky u hear about ur 2nd stage sooon say 1-2 months
Thanks Ann

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
Ann81 said:
One cannot leave Canada if u do not have ur PR card!! Since on ur passport when u go for ur landing interview they dont stamp any VISA....
onto it..
Sorry I sneaked into ur conversation.... but do call cic & I am sure they will guide u the same.!

[/quote

That's ok. Lol, you can leave Canada anytime after you are landed! And yes you can travel without Recieving the card. I don't know where you got your info, but I am 100 percent sure that I am right.

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Militarywife said:
Ann81 said:
onto it..

[/quote

That's ok. Lol, you can leave Canada anytime after you are landed! And yes you can travel without Recieving the card. I don't know where you got your info, but I am 100 percent sure that I am right.
I meant if u have done ur immigration inland & when u have done ur landing stuff , & if u dont have ur PR card u cannot travel......

if u are a landed immigrant already then obviously u can travel!!

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
Ann81 said:
I meant if u have done ur immigration inland & when u have done ur landing stuff , & if u dont have ur PR card u cannot travel......

if u are a landed immigrant already then obviously u can travel!!
If u had read what she said, "After landing interview" then maybe you wouldn't have misunderstand. What you just said is very contradicting, to your previous post. After the interview and if all goes well obviously she is a landed immigrant that same day, because they are going to give her the COPR.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ann81 said:
onto it..
This is not true. If you must travel by air and are not from a visa exempt country, you can obtain a PRTD from the overseas visa office. However, if you can make it to a POE there is a protocol for establishing that you are a PR.

The following is from ENF 4 "Port of Entry Examinations" available on the CIC website:

11.1. Rights of permanent residents

A27(1) provides that a permanent resident has the right to enter and remain in Canada subject to
the provisions of the Act.

A19(2) requires an officer to allow a permanent resident to enter Canada if satisfied following an
examination on their entry that they have that status.

Permanent residents who are under enforcement proceedings keep their permanent resident
status and retain the right to enter Canada until a final determination of their loss of status has
been made.

11.2. Verifying permanent resident status

The permanent resident card is the only valid proof of permanent resident status in Canada.

The following documents are satisfactory indicators of permanent residence:

• the original Record of Landing:
• a certified true copy of a Record of Landing document issued by CIC National Headquarters;
• a letter issued by CIC National Headquarters verifying permanent residence;
• a passport duly stamped showing the date on which permanent residence was granted, if the
person was granted permanent resident status before 1973; and
• a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document [IMM 5292B].

11.3. Establishing permanent resident status without documents

BSOs at ports of entry have the discretion to authorize the entry of permanent residents, even in
the absence of documentation. If documentary evidence is not available, the BSO at Immigration
Secondary must establish the person’s permanent resident status through questioning and
checking the person’s status in FOSS. The status of persons who became permanent residents
before 1973 has to be verified by contacting the Query Response Centre at National
Headquarters at: QRC@cic.gc.ca.
Once a BSO is satisfied that a person is a permanent resident, the examination should be
concluded and the person should be allowed to enter Canada without delay.
There is no prohibition against travel.

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
computergeek said:
This is not true. If you must travel by air and are not from a visa exempt country, you can obtain a PRTD from the overseas visa office. However, if you can make it to a POE there is a protocol for establishing that you are a PR.

The following is from ENF 4 "Port of Entry Examinations" available on the CIC website:

Totally agree.

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Lab and Laura,

My ecas updated this morning, it showed my additional files was received on this Monday.
So Laura, you just need wait a while. Dont worry. I didnt do FOSS and find MP.

Wait for Lab's AIP soon!

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
computergeek said:

hey Computergreek,

ok I read all what u posted but some countries don't accept the letter issued to u like this one document [IMM 5292B]. , especially in India.. they need a PR CARD
my friend had travelled like this she could go leave Canada she had no problem but when she was going to India... on her way back she could not enter since she didn't have her pr card. .. so that was a big trouble for her
Anyways... all what u said is true on the website its just her experience which she told me so I wanted to share!

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
sunshine2012 said:
Hi Lab and Laura,

My ecas updated this morning, it showed my additional files was received on this Monday.
So Laura, you just need wait a while. Dont worry. I didnt do FOSS and find MP.

Wait for Lab's AIP soon!
Great News Sunshine :) :)
Hopefully all 3 of us are nearing AIP :)

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Militarywife said:
Yes you can, I actually booked my ticket for December 11th, I am not sure if I will get the pr card yet. But someone will just mail it to me, if not I will apply for a temporary travel document.

Hope you get your interview date soon.

Hello Militarywife,

Thanks for your opinion.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ann81 said:
ok I read all what u posted but some countries don't accept the letter issued to u like this one document [IMM 5292B]. , especially in India.. they need a PR CARD
my friend had travelled like this she could go leave Canada she had no problem but when she was going to India... on her way back she could not enter since she didn't have her pr card. .. so that was a big trouble for her
Anyways... all what u said is true on the website its just her experience which she told me so I wanted to share!
Are you stating that your friend was allowed to FLY to Canada, but upon reaching the border officer was refused entry into Canada? I've never heard of such a case, and it clearly conflicts with both law and the manuals.

What I have heard people report is that the airline will not allow them to FLY to Canada without a PR card. That I've heard, and that's because "The permanent resident card is the only valid proof of permanent resident status in Canada." Thus, an airline (who is penalized if someone is refused entry) will insist on a PR card or visa-exempt passport, while a border officer has greater discretion and will accept anything that is "satisfactory evidence of permanent residence".