may 23
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
hi all,
so i had my landing interview today,nothing to it, just paid the landing fees, they asked if i committed any crimes in or out of canada that was basically it..
i'm done , i'm happy citizenship in 2 yrs!!

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
under_way said:
hi all,
so i had my landing interview today,nothing to it, just paid the landing fees, they asked if i committed any crimes in or out of canada that was basically it..
i'm done , i'm happy citizenship in 2 yrs!!
Congratualtions!!! So how many days/ weeks did u wait after ur 2nd stage approval ?? to get ur date of landing interview? did they inform u about
ur landing interview via email or mail ?

please update

Congratulations ! once again

Cheers
Ann

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
We got AIP tonight!!! I think they called my cell (had 3 calls from a private number), and then send both of us emails with copies of the letters!

@vinlander: Did you guys hear anything since we're date buddies?

This means they moved into early DECEMBER already!!!

I'll post more details tomorrow. I have to redo my medical, though, because it expired more than 3 months ago, so 2nd stage will probably take a while (which is ok because I'm not planning on applying for citizenship later on- and all of this after I flagpoled two weeks ago because I finally got a positive LMO and a new job, sheesh)

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
Ann81 said:
hey

How long did it take for u to receive ur stage 1 approval by mail??? do u remember how many weeks/ days
i think 3-4 days

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
Ann81 said:
U do ur have ur landing interview date that's so nice!!!! since u mentioned in ur last post in Aug ??? Then how comes u never mentioned anything......

I'm just wondering !!!

Good luck & congratulations once again !!!!! fr ur landing interview date :D :D

Keep us updated after the interview how it goes!!!!!

Godspeed

Cheers

Ann
I don`t have a landing interview schedule yet I just got my Stage 2 DM last weekend. It`s probably AVS you`re talking about. we have the same timeline. She`s suppose to be landing sometime this month oin Ontario.

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
Hi,

I have few question about maternity and parental benefits.
If my wife (applicants) gives birth, can we or one of us get EI during maternity and/or parental leave?

I understand we should not apply EI during the PR process. Does it mean that we can apply EI after we received PR card? or my wife can, but not me (because under sponsorship agreement, I should support my spouse though my normal income). Correct?

darcycook

Jun 2, 2012
hey guys

just a quick question as i am engaged and plan to get married in febuary to my girl in Guatemala city then bring her back here to canada so we can start the PR from Inland. We have been together for over a year now.

She has visited calgary once now just recentely and had no issues (on her tourist visa) before that we had 2 other trips in Florida and in her home country

Does anyone see a issue at the border when i bring her back a second time? I assume we should tell the truth to the border officer and say were married and doing this correct?

Finally, is it true that once we start the process for PR she can stay until we get a answer? I know the visa is only 6 months.. But the process is 8- 10 months for part 1 and then a few more months for part 2... or do u guys send a visa extension with the PR ?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Deutschbug said:
We got AIP tonight!!! I think they called my cell (had 3 calls from a private number), and then send both of us emails with copies of the letters!

@ vinlander: Did you guys hear anything since we're date buddies?

This means they moved into early DECEMBER already!!!

I'll post more details tomorrow. I have to redo my medical, though, because it expired more than 3 months ago, so 2nd stage will probably take a while (which is ok because I'm not planning on applying for citizenship later on- and all of this after I flagpoled two weeks ago because I finally got a positive LMO and a new job, sheesh)
Congratulations Deutschbug and thank you for the update, unfortunately we have not heard anything yet but our turn might be soon.
We are mostly awaiting AIP and the OWP that she can start to work and get provincial health card; we can be patient for 2nd stage :)

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
darcycook said:
hey guys

just a quick question as i am engaged and plan to get married in febuary to my girl in Guatemala city then bring her back here to canada so we can start the PR from Inland. We have been together for over a year now.

She has visited calgary once now just recentely and had no issues (on her tourist visa) before that we had 2 other trips in Florida and in her home country

Does anyone see a issue at the border when i bring her back a second time? I assume we should tell the truth to the border officer and say were married and doing this correct?

Finally, is it true that once we start the process for PR she can stay until we get a answer? I know the visa is only 6 months.. But the process is 8- 10 months for part 1 and then a few more months for part 2... or do u guys send a visa extension with the PR ?
When crossing the border it is advised not to lie, but you don't need to answer anything more than asked...
For the PR and what you refer as "implied status" you need to keep a legal status in canada while waiting for the decision; however if you fill an open work permit demand and send it in the same enveloppe with a mention to process when 1st stage is done, it should be accepted as such

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Wicket08 said:
I don`t have a landing interview schedule yet I just got my Stage 2 DM last weekend. It`s probably AVS you`re talking about. we have the same timeline. She`s suppose to be landing sometime this month oin Ontario.

Hey,

I'm sorry about that ! Got confused. Did u get ur work permit by mail ?? or ur going to still apply
for it online ?

Keep us updated about ur landing interview! Hope u would hear about it soon...... And yeah
don't forget to keep an eye on ur junk folder :D

Godspeed!

Cheers,

Ann

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
Ann81 said:
Oh ok not bad took u around 3-4 days...
very fast! aip letter within 3-4 days? mine almost 2 weeks now since I got the email, but didn't receive any letter yet :-(

tinch

Nov 9, 2011
A last post...
Landed yesterday in Etobicoke! I paid the fees there with a credit card. Paying in advance does not speed things up! The interview is very straightforward. Checked if all the information was correct (it wasn't, my last name was spelled wrong..), reassured that I did not commit any crimes and was never deported. Also that I do not have any dependent children in Canada or other countries.
They also asked briefly if I am working now and if my husband is employed.
Then Service Ontario changed my SIN to a permanent number! Done!!!
All in all, we spent 4 hours in the office, they seemed to have some trouble in the morning and also scheduled 6 interviews for the exact same time.. But what are 4 hours compared to over a year :)

Thank you everyone in this forum. It was a great help for me to stay sane during that difficult time! Knowing that I was not alone in that situation is worth a lot. Not to mention all the useful information here..

Good luck for everyone who is still waiting and struggling. It will happen, patience is the key...
See you in the citizenship forum soon ;)

Timeline:
App received: July 25, 2011
Process start: Sep 12, 2011
AIP: June 13, 2011
DM: Aug 23, 2011
Landing Interview: Sep 12, 2012

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
PanEva said:
I have few question about maternity and parental benefits.
If my wife (applicants) gives birth, can we or one of us get EI during maternity and/or parental leave?
Assuming your wife has EI eligibility (e.g., she has been working and paying EI) then yes, she can. Similarly, if you are eligible for EI, you can request parental leave.

PanEva said:
I understand we should not apply EI during the PR process. Does it mean that we can apply EI after we received PR card? or my wife can, but not me (because under sponsorship agreement, I should support my spouse though my normal income). Correct?
Why not? EI isn't social assistance, it's a normal right accorded to all workers in Canada eligible for EI benefits.

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Hello All,

Just an update.. I landed today at 8.00 am in Scarborough office, the landing was pretty quick, I had my appointment at 8.00 in the morning but I was there at 7.45 and the lady took me in at 7.55, she just asked me common questions if I was on welfare, do I have any crimal charges or if I was ever deported from Canada, my anwer was no to all these questions and she gave me my lading pape. There was a problem in their service Canada system so I was not issued my SIN number today, but she asked me to apply after I receive my PR Card.

Here is my complete Timeline.

Application Received: August 29, 2012.
Medical Received: June 20, 2012.
AOR: November 11, 2012.
AIP: July 19, 2012.
Decision Made: August 02, 2012.
Letter for Landing from Scarborugh Office: August 20, 2012.
Landed: September 13, 2012.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the answers and moral support in this long journey which is worthwhile in the End :) :)