Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
PanEva said:
Hi,

I'm just curious what happen if my wife is pregnant and/or give birth during the waiting process (before stage 1, before stage 2, before interview, before landing). Will the new born baby affect the waiting time (lengthen the process) of current stage or CIC will re-evaluation from stage 1 again? Anyone has similar experience.

I'm the sponsor and I'm talking about new family member during application, not before.

thank you
Hi PanEva,
We actually plan our baby during the waiting period so that we can utilize the best of time to start our family and Alhamdulillah I am a mom of cute 6 month old baby boy  , that’s true that we had to pay the fortune to deliver the baby without the OHIP but my baby is Canadian citizen. Our lawyer said it’s going to add the leverage to prove the authenticity in your relationship as well.

iris.gu

Aug 10, 2012
Preeya said:
Hi,

I have found so many locations in Toronto. We don't have car to go to other places. That's why before I visit to another location I wanted to get to know from some one about the particular location.

Even I am searching on the website about the location.....

You are from which location? Are you in Scarborough?

Regards,
Preeya
Hi Preeya,

I have the same problem as you. I just called the Service Ontario , they said we are eligible to apply for a health card with AIP letter and the other two documents.
The address of the office which definitely can do this for us in Scarboroguh is 3495 Lawrence Ave East. I will go there to have a try tomorrow.

Good luck !

Regards,

Iris

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
HI Gang,

My ecas got updated today. CIC received my application on nov14th 2011.Today on my ecas it says decision made, we have sent you a letter regarding a decision.I called cic, the lady I spoke to said, they might still require an interview....i thought this update meant, there is no interview required.Can someone please clearify

APP RECEIVED-------NOV 14TH 2011

LETTER SENT----------- SEP 5TH 2012

Can someone tell me what this letter is please....

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Zion786 said:
HI Gang,

My ecas got updated today. CIC received my application on nov14th 2011.Today on my ecas it says decision made, we have sent you a letter regarding a decision.I called cic, the lady I spoke to said, they might still require an interview....i thought this update meant, there is no interview required.Can someone please clearify

Hi Zion 786,

Congratulation! I think you already got the Decision Made. The interview which you mentioned is the landing interview.

I applied on the same day as you. But I just check the ecase, still not updated yet! So nervous......

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
Hatrang, where do u locate? We called CIC this morning about the letter for la ding interview but the lady said vancouver should take around 3 months! :mad: and in the system hasn't shown the letter sent out yet.
CIC said we could not reach the local office and if around three months we still not receive any letter, they gonna contact local office
We waited for more than 2 weeks..

QE2Guy01

Aug 27, 2012
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to all of those who now have AIP and DM. My thanks to everyone who responded to my previous post with helpful advice and messages of support. To date our ECAS has had no update of information and I have rang the CIC call center several more times this past week. As before I actually got through on my third or fourth attempt and spoke with an agent who was both polite and friendly. (The easiest way to get through is to dial the number: 1 888 242 2100 and after the recorded voice answers press 0+0+0+0+0 until you hear the music, this way you do not waste 5 minutes time listening to all of the menu options, recorded messages, information and warnings about rude behaviour towards the service agents over and over again). I was still not able to find out exactly why our file was transferred to the Calgary office or what kind of time frame we can expect before receiving word of when we will be contacted for an interview. The last agent I spoke with told me that I should call back in October of 2013 if I did not see an update or receive further word about the status of our file.Yesterday afternoon I decided to ring immigration minister Kenney's office and speak with someone there regarding my questions and concerns. I spoke with Mr. Kenney's assistant, explained my situation and asked for information and advice. He asked me if I had heard about the 39 people recently arrested in Montreal for operating a marriage fraud ring. He then told me that Canada was under attack from undesirable people who will dishonestly romance and marry citizens of Canada just to gain entry to Canada and enjoy a better life here. I was then told that because most fraudulent marriages originate from people from eastern European and Asian nations applications from citizens of Canada sponsoring spouses from these countries will face extra time and delays pending more thorough investigations to ensure that the relationship is guenuine. I was also advised that the current waiting time for an interview at the Calgary office is roughly up to two years time. May I ask if there is anyone else on this forum who also applied in October of last year, has an eastern European spouse and had their file transferred to the Calgary office. Also does anyone else know if it really is a two year waiting period for an appointment for an interview at the Calgary office?. Thank you.

Our Timetable:
Application Sent: 10 October 2011
Application Received: 12 October 2011
Application in Process: 22 December 2011
Medical Results Received: 22 August 2012
AIP: WAITING
Decision Made: WAITING

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
Zion786 said:
HI Gang,

hi zion!! first of all congratz on you AIP!!!!! cic will notify u regarding if u need to see them for interview or not. just wait for the letter and soon u will find out :) congrats again i hope i hear from them soom im so anxious now ??? ???

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
QE2Guy01 said:
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to all of those who now have AIP and DM. My thanks to everyone who responded to my previous post with helpful advice and messages of support. To date our ECAS has had no update of information and I have rang the CIC call center several more times this past week. As before I actually got through on my third or fourth attempt and spoke with an agent who was both polite and friendly. (The easiest way to get through is to dial the number: 1 888 242 2100 and after the recorded voice answers press 0+0+0+0+0 until you hear the music, this way you do not waste 5 time listening to the menu options, recorded messages, information and warnings about rude behaviour towards the service agents). I was still not able to find out exactly why our file was transferred to the Calgary office or what kind of time frame we can expect before receiving word of when we will be contacted for an interview. The last agent I spoke with told me that I should call back in October of 2013 if I did not see an update or receive further word about the status of our file.Yesterday afternoon I decided to ring immigration minister Kenney's office and speak with someone there regarding my questions and concerns. I spoke with Mr. Kenney's assistant, explained my situation and asked for information and advice. He asked me if I had heard about the 39 people recently arrested in Montreal for operating a marriage fraud ring. He then told me that Canada was under attack from undesirable people who will dishonestly romance and marry citizens of Canada just to gain entry to Canada and enjoy a better life here. I was then told that because most fraudulent marriages originate from people from eastern European and Asian nations applications from citizens of Canada sponsoring spouses from these countries will face extra time and delays pending more thorough investigations to ensure that the relationship is guenuine. I was also advised that the current waiting time for an interview at the Calgary office is roughly up to two years time. May I ask if there is anyone else on this forum who also applied in October of last year, has an eastern European spouse and had their file transferred to the Calgary office. Also does anyone else know if it really is a two year waiting period for an appointment for an interview at the Calgary office?. Thank you.

Our Timetable:
Application Sent: 10 October 2011
Application Received: 12 October 2011
Application in Process: 22 December 2011
Medical Results Received: 22 August 2012
AIP: WAITING
Decision Made: WAITING
hi! thanks for the info qe2guy1!! u can send a private message to anna0828 she sent her application on nov 2010 and her landing interview is sept this year, her landing interview is in calgary, took her almost 2 years with the whole processing, i sent mine nov 2011 and havent got aip yet, hope my application wont take too long, i reside in calgary as well . hope this help and good luck on the interview :)

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
stefi
I waited about 10 days and then called. It seems like etobicoke is going pretty fast, usually no more than 2 weeks after DM you shd get your interview letter.
Yeah, so I"m waiting some more days for the 2nd stage letter. I've got my OWP and AIP (for applicant) so far. Now I'm waiting for AIP letter (for sponsor), DM letter for applicant and letter or phone call from Scarborough office for landing interview.

xxpazaway
Hatrang,
Guess what? I called cic and i ask if i haveto renew my pcc she said if they dont ask me to do i dont have to. But she said they sent me out letter on august 22 asking me to fill up some info which is she doesnt know what info, i have to wait for 4 weeks if i didnt recieved i have to call them to resend it. I got 2 letter already and it is both dated august 22., how come i didnt received that letter. Waaaaaaaaah what is it they need? Did you get ur letter already?
Yeah, I got 2 letters totally, still wait for more, please read more above my answer to stefi. If you used the new forms, I think they just need medical, security background checks for 2nd stage. Don't worry too much, everything will be fine at your side, I strongly believe that ;)

iris.gu
Are you close by Scarborough is 3495 Lawrence Ave East? I'm in the area too ;D

raabhim
Hatrang, where do u locate? We called CIC this morning about the letter for la ding interview but the lady said vancouver should take around 3 months! and in the system hasn't shown the letter sent out yet.
CIC said we could not reach the local office and if around three months we still not receive any letter, they gonna contact local office
We waited for more than 2 weeks.
I'm in Scarborough, ON dear. I think Scar is jam too, but I'm hoping for maximum 2 months. Sorry to hear about the waiting time in Van, but don't worry, time flies. We're almost at the end now, cheer up! ;D

Nice weekend everyone!

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
lyn28 said:
I dont think it will affect anything, unless they will require your wife for another medical while she is pregnant (pregnant women are not allowed to do xray). You're baby will be a canadian citizen once born here in canada so the baby has nothing to do with your wife's processing. :)
Thank you

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
Why is it more and more people are getting Stage 2 DM's right away after few days of Stage 1 approval????????

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Wicket08 said:
Why is it more and more people are getting Stage 2 DM's right away after few days of Stage 1 approval????????
My time line is exactly like yours and I got the AIP in the same time tool. please update me if something changes. if you don't mind me asking which city/province do you live?

I will update you if anything changes for me. CIC requested for a photocopy of my passport/travel document that took me a month to get from embassy and send it to them, so mine might take little longer than your :(

lets be honest here we are very happy for people to who are done or almost done with the sponsorship hassle, but it really suck for us when we see people who applied months after us get their stuff done and we are still waiting. :'( :'(

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
kitchener_inland said:
My time line is exactly like yours and I got the AIP in the same time tool. please update me if something changes. if you don't mind me asking which city/province do you live?

I will update you if anything changes for me. CIC requested for a photocopy of my passport/travel document that took me a month to get from embassy and send it to them, so mine might take little longer than your :(

lets be honest here we are very happy for people to who are done or almost done with the sponsorship hassle, but it really suck for us when we see people who applied months after us get their stuff done and we are still waiting. :'( :'(
I agree with you. I will surely let you know. They didn't ask anything from me after AIP. I'm from Red Deer, Alberta. My local office would either be Calgary or Edmonton. I'm not so sure. Where are you from? I just noticed too things are going very fdast with Ontario residents. I might have to move to Ontario! lol :)

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Hi dear 2011 applicants,
my applicant was received by CIC on Nov 30 (exciting to see Nov applicants started getting good news!), and I am expecting mine will be processed shortly.
However, my sponsor just got a new job. She was staying at home takeing care of new born baby when we submitted our application. Here comes my questions:

1. Should we inform CIC the change? My concern is:if we inform them, will this delay the process?
2. If we do need to inform them, what do we need to do to ensure our additional document, i.e.her contrac, will be opened by the time an officer reviews our case?

Millions of thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
SMA.DE said:
Hi dear 2011 applicants,
my applicant was received by CIC on Nov 30 (exciting to see Nov applicants started getting good news!), and I am expecting mine will be processed shortly.
However, my sponsor just got a new job. She was staying at home takeing care of new born baby when we submitted our application. Here comes my questions:

1. Should we inform CIC the change? My concern is:if we inform them, will this delay the process?
2. If we do need to inform them, what do we need to do to ensure our additional document, i.e.her contrac, will be opened by the time an officer reviews our case?

Millions of thanks!
Since they are just starting to process her sponsorship application, it's unlikely that even if you submitted anything now it would make a difference - and as you suggested it might slow things down. In the unlikely event they decide she isn't qualified to sponsor or they have questions about her financial abilities, then you can respond with new information. Your best bet is to not over think the problem - second guessing yourself at this stage is really not the best practice.

Good luck!