29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Preeya said:
Hi All,

We have received 2 letters from immigration
1.) Addressed to my spouse - It says "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"
2.) Addressed to me - It says "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility to apply for permanent resident status however final decision will be made after receiving the singapore police clearance." Also it says that I am eligible to apply for OWP or study permit.

Today I went to ontario service center at Leaside and they said, I can't apply for health card.

Can anyone tell me from which location can I get the health card? Or do I need to wait for any other letter from immigration....

Regards,
Preeya :(
Hi, preeya

as I mentioned before you should try to go to a different Ontario service i'm sure there are many in Toronto area where you are. You are eligible, i'm not sure who is from Toronto area in this site who has applied for one . you can find all their location online.

the second stage shouldn't be that far off anyway so by the time you get the health card (3 months wait time) you might just get the second stage already.

Preeya

Mar 30, 2010
Hi,

I have found so many locations in Toronto. We don't have car to go to other places. That's why before I visit to another location I wanted to get to know from some one about the particular location.

Even I am searching on the website about the location.....

You are from which location? Are you in Scarborough?

Regards,
Preeya

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
raabhim said:
Congratz to those who got DM and Aip!

stefi, I got the same shoe as urs, we never received any landing letter for the interview.. Maybe we should call tomorrow as well.
Good luck for all!

Hi Raabhim, when did you get your DM? Yes, you shd call, and don't give up, we called more than 30 times before actually being able to talk to an agent. Best of luck!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
raabhim and stefi, how long have you been waiting for the letters after DM? I'm waiting too, mine has been 1 week already, I know it's not too long but I just want to see when I should call CIC regarding the letter issue. Thank you.

slock

Jun 29, 2012
Hey All,

Just wanted to offer a final update. My partner had his landing interview on the 4th of September. It's very much a formality only and nothing to stress about. We had to travel by plane to Toronto as we live 8 hours away. That meant bringing our very young baby as well.
Apparently some of us in in the new system, some are in the old, so when the time came to hit "enter" on our application after all was said and done, it seems that my partner's application got lost in cyberspace. So even though we've completed all the steps he's not officially in the system yet. I guess the new system has some glitches. They originally told us that we would have to go back but that is crazy given how far we had to travel! Since then they've reassured us that we don't have to return. We're waiting to hear from them still, hoping that things have been sorted out....

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
Preeya said:
Hi,

I have found so many locations in Toronto. We don't have car to go to other places. That's why before I visit to another location I wanted to get to know from some one about the particular location.

Even I am searching on the website about the location.....

You are from which location? Are you in Scarborough?

Regards,
Preeya
hi dont worry it happened to me so i have the ans for you the lil branches is said to do only up to a certain acceptance from non residents and aip is not one of them
but if you go to the head office like the one in duffrine you will get though with no problem good luck

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for permanent residence on September 29, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 4, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

We check ECAS regularly, yesterday we checked it at 6pmish and it was the same (Medical results have been received) and we checked it again before midnight and changed to this!!! We got his open work permit last August 21 and dated August 15. If you guys remember my previous posts that we called after receiving the OWP because we never get the AIP letter and the agent said no approval yet at that time and we just have to wait. But based on other posts here, this status changed meant stage 1 and 2 done? My status as sponsor changed to Decision Made on both (sponsorship application and permanent resident application).

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
Hi,

I'm just curious what happen if my wife is pregnant and/or give birth during the waiting process (before stage 1, before stage 2, before interview, before landing). Will the new born baby affect the waiting time (lengthen the process) of current stage or CIC will re-evaluation from stage 1 again? Anyone has similar experience.

I'm the sponsor and I'm talking about new family member during application, not before.

thank you

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
PanEva said:
Hi,

I'm just curious what happen if my wife is pregnant and/or give birth during the waiting process (before stage 1, before stage 2, before interview, before landing). Will the new born baby affect the waiting time (lengthen the process) of current stage or CIC will re-evaluation from stage 1 again? Anyone has similar experience.

I'm the sponsor and I'm talking about new family member during application, not before.

thank you
I dont think it will affect anything, unless they will require your wife for another medical while she is pregnant (pregnant women are not allowed to do xray). You're baby will be a canadian citizen once born here in canada so the baby has nothing to do with your wife's processing. :)

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
hatrang said:
raabhim and stefi, how long have you been waiting for the letters after DM? I'm waiting too, mine has been 1 week already, I know it's not too long but I just want to see when I should call CIC regarding the letter issue. Thank you.

I waited about 10 days and then called. It seems like etobicoke is going pretty fast, usually no more than 2 weeks after DM you shd get your interview letter.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hatrang,
Guess what? I called cic and i ask if i haveto renew my pcc she said if they dont ask me to do i dont have to. But she said they sent me out letter on august 22 asking me to fill up some info which is she doesnt know what info, i have to wait for 4 weeks if i didnt recieved i have to call them to resend it. I got 2 letter already and it is both dated august 22., how come i didnt received that letter. Waaaaaaaaah what is it they need? Did you get ur letter already?

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Correction : I thought I received my AIP letter but it wasn't it. ::)

TCZQUEEN

Jun 1, 2012
Hi guys !

Today I got landed @ etobicoke office. It was really simple . It takes 10 minutes to get landed than wait to get your SIN, One should be out of building in 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Thanks to all people in this forum , This forum has provided us exact time line and reading everyone's experience helped a lot.

My time line was as following -

Applied- 26th July 2011

AIP- 13th June 2012

Second stage- 16th august 2012

Letter of Landing- 22nd august 2012

Landing- 7th September

Good luck to all those who are waiting , just keep patience you will be through :)

Suggestion for those who are yet to apply - I will suggest apply outland if you can its way faster and less stress.

For now ...See you when waiting for Citizenship :))

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
ilovecanada4ever said:
Correction : I thought I received my AIP letter but it wasn't it. ::)
What did you get then?

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....