+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Preeya

Mar 30, 2010
Hi All,

We have received 2 letters from immigration
1.) Addressed to my spouse - It says "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"
2.) Addressed to me - It says "It has been that you meet the eligibility to apply for permanent resident status however final decision will be made after receiving the singapore police clearance." Also it says that I am eligible to apply for OWP or study permit.

Today I went to ontario service center at Leaside and they said, I can't apply for health card.

Can anyone tell me from which location can I get the health card? Or do I need to wait for any other letter from immigration....

Regards,
Preeya

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
kama3410 said:
i got very fast i was wait one week after dm
Can i please have your timeline? Did you send canada police clearance with your original file? When did you get AiP and 2nd stage? Thanks

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Preeya said:
Hi All,

1.) Addressed to my spouse - It says "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"
2.) Addressed to me - It says "It has been that you meet the eligibility to apply for permanent resident status however final decision will be made after receiving the singapore police clearance." Also it says that I am eligible to apply for OWP or study permit.

Today I went to ontario service center at Leaside and they said, I can't apply for health card.

Can anyone tell me from which location can I get the health card? Or do I need to wait for any other letter from immigration....

Regards,
Preeya
Hi, preeya
the person you spoke to is WRONG, you can apply for ohip (health card) although it will have an expiry date unlike regular health card. you can also apply for temporary sin # (social insurance number) which will also have a expiry date like your OWP.
a question though do you have your open work permit yet? if not make sure you apply for it and take that also with you to get your health card and sin #. try to go to a different Ontario service office. I don't live in Toronto so i'm not sure which office you should go to but you are eligible for health card. when I went to apply I had my work permit and the letter from immigration that I got aip and another identification, all it is they make you fill out a form and thats it, she said it take 3 months to receive it.

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
Hi All!

I have some updates on my case.

App sent Aug 11, 2011
AIP July 3, 2012
DM Aug 16, 2012
Letter from the Etobicoke office never received.. i called CIC yesterday, the 5th, and told them i haven't received a letter yet. they said it was mailed out 2 weeks ago and that my landing interview was today! :eek: i never got the letter, i would have missed my interview if i hadn't called CIC to inquire.
LANDED in Etobicoke Sept 6, 2012 :)

iris.gu

Aug 10, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
Hi, preeya
the person you spoke to is WRONG, you can apply for ohip (health card) although it will have an expiry date unlike regular health card. you can also apply for temporary sin # (social insurance number) which will also have a expiry date like your OWP.
a question though do you have your open work permit yet? if not make sure you apply for it and take that also with you to get your health card and sin #. try to go to a different Ontario service office. I don't live in Toronto so i'm not sure which office you should go to but you are eligible for health card. when I went to apply I had my work permit and the letter from immigration that I got aip and another identification, all it is they make you fill out a form and thats it, she said it take 3 months to receive it.
Hi, I have the same question as Preeyan, so may I ask what do you mean the "another identification", like the passport or drive lisence ?

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
iris.gu said:
Hi, I have the same question as Preeyan, so may I ask what do you mean the "another identification", like the passport or drive lisence ?
ya exactly. if you have your OWP take it with you. if you don't have your OWP you can't get a temporary social insurance number. for health card though I don't think OWP is needed but you do need the AIP approval letter from immigration showing that you are eligable applying for PR. I had both the work permit and AIP approval with me also driver license when I went, so its good to have it with you.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
amiely said:
hi everyone.. i sent my application oct. 28 2011.. got a letter aug. 30, 2012 saying your application has been transferred to canadian immigaration centre in calgary for further assessment.. does anyone know how long it gonna take them to contact me for an interview? and what question they usually ask..

application received: oct. 28, 2011
aip: waiting
DM: waiting
You should read this post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-application-2011-t67267.0.html;msg1461892#msg1461892

For how long they local office will contact you, it completely depends on how busy your local office is. I'm not in calgary, so I have no idea for this one. Sorry about that.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
phoisgood said:
I'm in the same boat as your spouse, pretty much. I actually stopped coming to this forum because it made me a little depressed and gave a bit of anxiety (its all good now). Also, i am the most impatient person everrrr. Anyways, i have been keeping myself busy and staying as positive as possible. The whole immigration paper thing is actually in the back of my mind. Try not to let it ruin you from having a good time and enjoy life!

Application processed: October 6th, 2011
Waiting for 2nd stage approval...

Best wishes everyone and have a great weekend... :-*

I am on the same boat too, since they said that once you applied inland you cannot exit canada because application might be cancelled, and there's a risk that I wont be able to be admitted back in canada if I leave especially im on a visitor's permit. So with this reason, I was not able to go back home when my father had a stroke and suddenly died last year because of complications. Plus, that time my daughter was just 4 months old and my husband won't let me take her with me because she's too small and she needs her check-ups and vacinations. So with the fear that I wont be able to come back, and won't be beside my daughter I decided to stay, crying and staring at the computer (I asked my family to just open skype during my father's wake). I wanted to hug my mother, my brothers and my sister but I couldn't. This was very painful and I got deppressed. Just 6 months after my father's funeral, my brother-in-law died from a motor accident. Again, I didn't go home, all I did was watching my sister cry in the computer. Until now, I am still coping for my loss but I am better now. I have to be strong for my daughter and my husband. I am hoping all this immigration thing will be over soon. I can't wait to have my PR card, my husband promised me that we will go on a vacation in my home country once I got it, and the first thing Im going to do once I get home is to visit my father's grave...

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
You're welcome dear and good luck to your interview! I'm here and waiting to hear your result ;)

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
Congratz to those who got DM and Aip!

stefi, I got the same shoe as urs, we never received any landing letter for the interview.. Maybe we should call tomorrow as well.
Good luck for all!

Preeya

Mar 30, 2010
Hi All,

2.) Addressed to me - It says "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility to apply for permanent resident status however final decision will be made after receiving the singapore police clearance." Also it says that I am eligible to apply for OWP or study permit.

Regards,
Preeya :(