+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Hi pcheng ,

We have the same timeline.
I Goy my AIP on June 21st and the medical update on ecas was a week after that. Haven't heard anything since then.
pcheng said:
Hi everyone!
I am fairly new here and have been following this thread since I joined.
I applied on July 29, 2011 and the application was received on August 2, 2011.
They started processing the sponsorship application on September 12, 2011 and a letter was sent on June 19, 2012.
They started processing the permanent residence application on June 19, 2012 and I received both the AIP and OWP letter on June 25, 2012.
I did my medical on the July 18, 2012 and I just saw a recent update on e-CAS saying that they have received my medical results.
Can anyone share their experience of how long you hear/see any changes after medical result have been received?

Thanks ;D

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
anticipation said:
Dear ilovecanada4ever
Well this may not cheer you up, but I'm probably going to be in the same boat with you, so can commiserate.
Mailed my application in December 2011, but had already done my medicals in May of 2011. So I'll probably have to do them again. I was hoping they might extend my medicals under that new policy they have, but who knows. Maybe I should schedule an exam for November/December and then cancel if I don't need it. How long will it take for you to get an appointment? But I would be happy just to get AIP and OWP in November. That would be a thrill.
Thanks for everybody's kind words.
I can't make an appointment before I receive my letter because I don't even know what kind of medical exam I need to re-do. They told me over the phone that I need to bring the letter with me. The letter is still up in the air?

To reply those questions on previous posts:
Yes, I received my AIP on July 19 with an OWP (without the letter).
I did move to another place during the processing period but they told me that they sent the letter to my new place. I guess I need to check with my old mailbox.
I thought I was pretty close to the end but this unwelcoming event makes me pretty upset...
Now, I have to pay extra to someone to take more of my blood because of their delayed in processing my application. Sorry... I have to let it out here!

pcheng

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
Med's Request
19-06-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-0212
LANDED..........
19-11-2012
YAY! I am in the same boat with a few of you guys! I don't feel so alone now.
I initially didn't do my medical because when I applied the wait time was 11 months and I thought by then it might expire. Also I have been in Canada for over 10 years so I didn't need any background check from any other countries.
I also just got my work permit in the mail today from when I applied on 25 June, 2012.
I originally expected to get the OWP sooner so I have already started looking for job and got some offers but had to turn them down because I couldn't work. So now I have to call them back and see if any of the employers will take me in :p
For those guys who have the same timeline as me I appreciate you for sharing and please give any updates. It helps ease my anxiety :D

iris.gu

Aug 10, 2012
Hi,
Does anyone recently get through CIC call centre ?
God , I've tried the whole week but always busy and then hang up automaticly, I don't even have a chance to wait, unbelievable !!! I'm so frustrated

Please I need some help to figure out , I just got DM for the 1st stage and did the medicals except for x-ray because I'm pregnant. In my case, how can I apply for a health card before x-ray ? I'm in Ontario.

Thx !

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
vinlander said:
Yeah it happened to me, we moved March 1st 2012.
I did my address change on CIC ECAS but we still received mail at the former address after that, even if it was showing the new address on the website.
However, like I always do when I move, I paid for 1 year the Canada Post Service for mail forwarding and it is valid until feb 28th 2013.
It is 75$ +tx for 1 year but it is buying peace of mind...
I strongly advice people moving of doing so.
I was a little too cheap to pay to the Canada post service. Indeed, your advice is great! I learned my lesson now.
Oh, I just found out that my AIP letter went to my old address.

chinda

Sep 12, 2011
I'm Oct 31 and still nothing ! So how come they jumped to nov 5 !! This is starting to really suck! @ iris did u contact the service canada ? To see if u could ..sorry I don't know much about this

kama3410

Jun 7, 2012
hello :) :) :)
i have a question i have landing interview 14.09.2012 in hamilton my question is this fee 490 i can pay there in cash???

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
ilovecanada4ever said:
I was a little too cheap to pay to the Canada post service. Indeed, your advice is great! I learned my lesson now.
Oh, I just found out that my AIP letter went to my old address.
See I told ya :), I had the feeling that might most likely have happened because it already happened to few people.

good luck

iris.gu

Aug 10, 2012
chinda said:
I'm Oct 31 and still nothing ! So how come they jumped to nov 5 !! This is starting to really suck! @ iris did u contact the service canada ? To see if u could ..sorry I don't know much about this
Hi ,

I didn't contact any department, actually, I tried but failed, because the CIC call centre is always busy just I said. so I just wait until e-cas updated on Aug 28th. And the mail was arrived after long weekend on Sep 4th.

Don't worry, wait and see .

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
iris.gu said:
Hi,
Does anyone recently get through CIC call centre ?
God , I've tried the whole week but always busy and then hang up automaticly, I don't even have a chance to wait, unbelievable !!! I'm so frustrated

Please I need some help to figure out , I just got DM for the 1st stage and did the medicals except for x-ray because I'm pregnant. In my case, how can I apply for a health card before x-ray ? I'm in Ontario.

Thx !
when you get your AIP approval letter take it to service Ontario office as a proof along with couple identifications, and you can apply for ohip (health card) but it will take 3 months to get it.
as for Xray you don't need a health card to do it, you just pay a fee. if you are still pregnant then you could just send a letter to cic letting them know you didn't do the X-ray because you are pregnant. I have applied myself couple of months ago and still waiting.

good luck.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Dondon86 said:
Hey guys,

First congrats to all who got there AIP and DM. I have an issue, my passport is with CBSA and I went there a couple of days ago requesting the release of my passport sense it was expired and CIC needed me to renew it and they told me that we can't give it to you until CIC requests your passport, I have no idea what am supposed to do now CIC needs it to be renewed and submitted by October 24 with me police Clearance back home is there anyway I can get CBSA to renew my passport?or give it back to me so I can renew it?

I would listen to Computergeek's advise as he mentioned if for whatever reason cbsa refuses to give you your passport back which i find very strange since you have a request letter from CIC you should go to embassy and ask for a travel document of some sort.

I had a similar situation CIC asked me for a photocopy of my "valid passport" too and when I went to embassy they told me they are issuing "new version of passports" and it could take over 3 month to get so I had no choice but to ask them for an alternative which was a travel document. on the letter it says "a photocopy of passport or travel document" so it should be sufficient

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
kama3410 said:
hello :) :) :)
i have a question i have landing interview 14.09.2012 in hamilton my question is this fee 490 i can pay there in cash???
How many weeks when they contact you for landing interview after decision made. Im from ancaster and i think thats gonna be my local office

amiely

Aug 14, 2010
hi everyone.. i sent my application oct. 28 2011.. got a letter aug. 30, 2012 saying your application has been transferred to canadian immigaration centre in calgary for further assessment.. does anyone know how long it gonna take them to contact me for an interview? and what question they usually ask..

application received: oct. 28, 2011
aip: waiting
DM: waiting

phoisgood

Jul 23, 2011
QE2Guy01 said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, although I have been a silent guest for almost one year. I applied to sponsor my spouse for permanent residence in October of 2011. Our application was recieved on October 12th and I received an email message from CPC Vegreville on 22 December advising us that processing of my sponsorship application had commenced. We had correctly filled in all of the forms for both portions of the applications, completed the medicals and paid all of the fees. We waited and watched as on the 22nd of August other applicants from the 7th through the 12th of October received good news by way of ecas and the post regarding AIP. Congratulations to you all!. However, our ecas did not change, nor was there any information available via the CIC automated telephone service. The following Tuesday August 28th a letter from CIC arrived at our previous address. We had advised CIC and CPC Vegreville of our move in December of 2011 and the correct information was updated on their system in January 2012, this being said we have no idea why the letter went out to our previous address. Thankfully the person who resides there is a family member and told us as soon as the letter was delivered. We received one of those letters which says that our file has been transfered to the local Calgary office for further processing and possibly an interview. I have rang the CIC call center 6 times on different days since we received this letter. I actually managed to get through and all of the service agents I spoke with were very polite and friendly. Each time I called I was given assurances that all was in good order and that there were no notes of a negative nature on my sponsorship application and my spouse's application for permanent residence. I was also told to wait another 2 or 3 weeks and a decision might be made. However I was not able to find out why our file was transfered, and, or what information they may, or may not require to complete the process. I cannot think of any logical reason why they should send our file to the Calgary office. From what I have read on this forum from others who found themselves in a similar situation I see that having one's file transfered to the local Calgary office is not a good thing and people find themselves waiting up to another 2 years to receive notification of an appointment for an interview or final decision. I am sorry but this is completely unacceptable. I myself am Canadian/British and my spouse gave up everything to come to Canada with me because I said we would enjoy a better life here. Instead we have had our lives put on hold for one year and we have been made to feel unwelcome and unwanted in Canada which happens to be my own country of birth where I was raised and educated!. I have had to sit by and watch as my spouse has become a depressed nervous wreck during this period of waiting. I am both disgusted and embarrassed by the fact that the government of Canada would mistreat people in this way by subjecting them what is basically a form of a long term open prison sentence and psychological torture. I would very much appreciate any insight and information from others on this forum thank you...

Our Timetable:
Application Sent: 10 October 2011
Application Received: 12 October 2011
Application in Process: 22 December 2011
Medical Results Received: 22 August 2012
AIP: WAITING
Decision Made: WAITING
I'm in the same boat as your spouse, pretty much. I actually stopped coming to this forum because it made me a little depressed and gave a bit of anxiety (its all good now). Also, i am the most impatient person everrrr. Anyways, i have been keeping myself busy and staying as positive as possible. The whole immigration paper thing is actually in the back of my mind. Try not to let it ruin you from having a good time and enjoy life!

Application processed: October 6th, 2011
Waiting for 2nd stage approval...

Best wishes everyone and have a great weekend... :-*