Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
I just got off the phone with the CIC. I'd asked about the status of my second stage and the BF date. What she told me was that the concept of the BF date doesn't exist anymore. They're using a new computer system now. What she saw in the notes on my file was that the agent had requested information on June 19th. I told her I'd never received any request for info and she asked if it could be my medical. Possible, I said, because it was expiring at the time, but was accepted the following weekend. There was a mention of deadline for the requested info of August 18th.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of that. I hope it means that I'm just waiting for someone to follow up on the request, see that it's taken care of, and stamp it approved.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
StoneTable said:
I just got off the phone with the CIC. I'd asked about the status of my second stage and the BF date. What she told me was that the concept of the BF date doesn't exist anymore. They're using a new computer system now. What she saw in the notes on my file was that the agent had requested information on June 19th. I told her I'd never received any request for info and she asked if it could be my medical. Possible, I said, because it was expiring at the time, but was accepted the following weekend. There was a mention of deadline for the requested info of August 18th.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of that. I hope it means that I'm just waiting for someone to follow up on the request, see that it's taken care of, and stamp it approved.
i feel the say way they told me that in my case the 8 mths wait dont apple to me i have to wait 12 to 24 months 2 stage is taking so long i was really hoping to go off to school this year but oh wellone more month of waiting

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
vincystress said:
i feel the say way they told me that in my case the 8 mths wait dont apple to me i have to wait 12 to 24 months 2 stage is taking so long i was really hoping to go off to school this year but oh wellone more month of waiting
What are you planning to study once becoming a permanent resident? Have you picked out a school?

I'm sorry to hear about your estimated wait...did they give a reason why?

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
xxpazaway said:
My 2nd stage not finish yet. Dawie got 2nD stage DM on weekend after got AIP on August 22. INSHALLAH soon i will have DM too before my appointment with CBSA.
I'm sorry, my bad! So, wish you the best luck on your 2nd stage!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
I got the letter today, one for AIP and one they said im eligible to apply for work permit. Did you get yours?

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
Well Gosh, I wanted to post a picture of a woman holding up the Giant Vegreville Ukranian Easter Egg
in celebration of all the recent good news, but I'm not a full member here yet, so I can't. :(
So just Google Vegreville Egg for yourselves!!! :D Or maybe a full member could post it.
Congrats on on the good news. YIPPEEEEEE.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
Azsereth said:
What are you planning to study once becoming a permanent resident? Have you picked out a school?

I'm sorry to hear about your estimated wait...did they give a reason why?
ya i police is what am studing and i was accepted at Sheridan but now i was hoping it will come thing month so now i am gonna have to drop the study till 2013 i just apply for study permit

Kenyangirl

Jul 27, 2012
Hello,

Just an update on my case. Went pretty quick for me.

Applied: Sep 09, 2011
First Stage Approval: July 20, 2012
Second Stage Approval: August 02, 2012
Landed (Vancouver Office): August 24, 2012

Feels good! Good luck to everyone.

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
Kenyangirl said:
Hello,

Just an update on my case. Went pretty quick for me.

Applied: Sep 09, 2011
First Stage Approval: July 20, 2012
Second Stage Approval: August 02, 2012
Landed (Vancouver Office): August 24, 2012

Feels good! Good luck to everyone.
Congratulations! How Vancouver Office contact u? By mail or call?
After how many days DM letters u received landing interview appointment? Thanks!

dawie.south.africa

Jun 14, 2012
xxpazaway said:
Good luck! Mine is Hamilton, i hope it wont take long to get DM in my second stage! We really want to spend holidays in my home country. My family really wants to meet my husband and my children.
Thank you and good luck to you too! Hope you get your second stage DM this week! If you want, call cic and ask where your file is, because if they tell you it has been sent to local office, you have DM on second stage...well that is how ours went?

Yes can't for us to be landed so that we can visit my country and for them to meet the first grandchild of the family!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
dawie.south.africa said:
Thank you and good luck to you too! Hope you get your second stage DM this week! If you want, call cic and ask where your file is, because if they tell you it has been sent to local office, you have DM on second stage...well that is how ours went?

Yes can't for us to be landed so that we can visit my country and for them to meet the first grandchild of the family!
When did you call them about 2nd stage, thats really quick response. I got the mail today (AIP)I applied my Open work permit online.

dawie.south.africa

Jun 14, 2012
xxpazaway said:
When did you call them about 2nd stage, thats really quick response. I got the mail today (AIP)I applied my Open work permit online.
We called cic last week thursday and that's when they told us we got our AIP, and we also asked about the second stage and they told us not to worry our file was transfered to local office and we would hear back from them in a few weeks regarding landing interview. And then saturday our e-cas got updated to DM on first stage and sunday it showed DM on second stage. We also received letters in the mail today, one for my wife the sponsor and one for me the applicant. Don't know what the letters say, will only get back home tomorrow to see...

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Hi, everyone

I need some help with a question I have, I appreciate your help if any of you have an answer for my question.

I got my AP recently along with the letter from immigration which they have requested a "photocopy of my valid passport or travel document". I couldn't provide a photocopy of my passport when i applied for spouse sponsorship because the embassy of our home country here in Canada was not issuing passports, and now they recently have started issuing passports but it takes a long time since there is so much back log. (they told me 3 months) which means i wouldn't be able to get the new passport in time the immigration has requested from me.

I showed my immigration letter to the embassy and they said the best they can do for you is to give you a "travel document" which has a duration of 6 month and ONE WAY travel.

so my question is this "one way travel document from the embassy" sufficient enough to get My Permanent residence? then later I just get my passport at a later date?
....so in another word is the "travel document" sufficient to get the PR accepted before my passport arrives? because the passport may take a long time time.

thank you so much for your help all!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
sorry I just want to correct a word from my comment above I meant to say I got my -AIP- not AP.

thanks

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
Hi all, my hubby got his DM (2nd stage) letter today dated Aug 23.

Here is the timeline:
AOR: Sep 16, 2011
Start to process: Nov 29, 2011
First Stage Approval: July 23, 2012
Medical results has been received (E-case changed on Aug 11)
Second Stage Approval: August 23, 2012 (E-case changed on Aug 25)

I was checking several times a day and I noticed it did take 2-3 days for E-case update. This forum is greatly helpful and thanks for many ppl sharing the timeline and experience!

Now we are waiting for the landing interview :)
Good luck to all!! This is just a time waiting game!