18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
mila_mac said:
DONE!!!! I just got my PR Card in the mail! 6 weeks exactly!!!! So happy!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!
I landed on June 28 and got my card today August 13...
Hi mila_mac
Many congratulations, just wondering if CIC provides any temporary document card/letter (like temporary driver’s license) during the waiting period which one can utilize for travelling outside Canada?

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
mila_mac said:
DONE!!!! I just got my PR Card in the mail! 6 weeks exactly!!!! So happy!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!
Hi Mila,

Congrats on your PR card :)

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
mila_mac said:
Congratulations, Mila!

vincystress said:
i call and my bf date is 24 but it so sad there is no update on my file saying my background check is done the call center agent told me i have to wait 8 mths for stage 2 i can just die at this point any one waited 8 months for stage to or is he just saying that

plzzzzz help
I wouldn't worry that your background check isn't done, because that's part of stage 2. You'll probably receive word in the next month or so regarding the sponsorship application, and then it'll move on to stage 2, and I think only a lucky few are getting prompt stage 2 decisions. Hopefully it won't take 8 months (I'm at 2 months currently), but it's probably best to prepare yourself for that. The bright side is that AIP will let you work, get health care, etc...things that will allow us to live more normal lives while waiting for PR.

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know the current timeline for the Scarborough office??

Thanks

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Congratuations everyone!
Let's hope CIC works really fast this week and even star/end october.
I was looking into our chart doesnt look like there are many ppl in oct.
Lets hope
:)

Have a good week!

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Just want to ask if does anyone know the exact mailing address on where to send an open work permit (OWP) application.
I checked CPC website, it shows 2 addresses in Vengreville handling work permits. one is Unit 202 and the other is Unit 555.

One more thing, how can you ensure that the OWP will be attached to your original PR application and won't be lost in the CPC office? I'm asking to make sure that by stage 1, CPC will send me both OWP and AIP at the same time.

Thanks.

tinch

Nov 9, 2011
johanna125 said:
Hi. Just want to ask if does anyone know the exact mailing address on where to send an open work permit (OWP) application.
I checked CPC website, it shows 2 addresses in Vengreville handling work permits. one is Unit 202 and the other is Unit 555.

One more thing, how can you ensure that the OWP will be attached to your original PR application and won't be lost in the CPC office? I'm asking to make sure that by stage 1, CPC will send me both OWP and AIP at the same time.

Thanks.
Hi Johanna,

I don't want to confuse you, but I have send my application for OWP to:

CPC-Vegreville
Visitor and Temporary Resident Permit
6212 – 55th Avenue, Unit 303
Vegreville AB
T9C 1W1

I used form IMM 1249 + document checklist IMM 5558. Paid fee of $150. I attached a cover letter asking to attach the application to my existing file, included my client ID#. I also said that the application is not to be processed until first stage approval.

I did get AIP and OWP at the same time.

Hope that helps!

Good luck!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
tinch said:
Hi Johanna,

I don't want to confuse you, but I have send my application for OWP to:

CPC-Vegreville
Visitor and Temporary Resident Permit
6212 – 55th Avenue, Unit 303
Vegreville AB
T9C 1W1

I used form IMM 1249 + document checklist IMM 5558. Paid fee of $150. I attached a cover letter asking to attach the application to my existing file, included my client ID#. I also said that the application is not to be processed until first stage approval.

I did get AIP and OWP at the same time.

Hope that helps!

Good luck!
Hi, do u think if i send an appliction for open work permit now they will attached it into my application file? I sent out my inland application without the OWP application on October 11, 2011

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
Azsereth said:
Congratulations, Mila!

I wouldn't worry that your background check isn't done, because that's part of stage 2. You'll probably receive word in the next month or so regarding the sponsorship application, and then it'll move on to stage 2, and I think only a lucky few are getting prompt stage 2 decisions. Hopefully it won't take 8 months (I'm at 2 months currently), but it's probably best to prepare yourself for that. The bright side is that AIP will let you work, get health care, etc...things that will allow us to live more normal lives while waiting for PR.
i already have aip since 2012 june 13 the wait is killing me there is no sgin of them finishing my back ground check up to now

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
tinch said:
I used form IMM 1249 + document checklist IMM 5558.
Note that IMM 1249 is no longer available on the CIC website. It has been replaced with IMM 5710. The IMM 1249 form may be used until November 1, 2012.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
johanna125 said:

Thanks.
Hi Johanna, Ive been trying to get your attention for a while. I guess you are real busy. Please add me to the chart

Here is my time line:

App Received---------Nov 14th 2011

Started Processing---------Jan27th 2012

My wife is sponsoring me inland , and we reside in Montreal, QC. I have already received my CSQ and as per cic request have sent a copy of my fingerprints aswell.

Thankyou
Zion

tinch

Nov 9, 2011
xxpazaway said:
Hi, do u think if i send an appliction for open work permit now they will attached it into my application file? I sent out my inland application without the OWP application on October 11, 2011
Yes, I believe they would. Include a note and/or cover letter with your client ID and ask them to attach the application to your file.

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
I think CIC Vegreville must finally be on summer vacation, we didn't get any new AIPs this week, did we?- At least not yet! Hoping some early October people will get lucky soon!

I'm triple waiting these days... job offer letter, now waiting for LMO, AIP... the wait didn't feel so bad earlier this summer, but now that we're closing in on the home stretch I'm getting more and more nervous and excited about everything. I so hope it's only going to be another couple of months before we get AIP, and that we won't have to do an interview which would delay everything. I just want to relax and have a normal live already. I sometimes find it difficult enough to be the foreigner anyway, but it certainly doesn't make me feel any better to be stuck in a pile of unprocessed paperwork.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Deutschbug said:
I think CIC Vegreville must finally be on summer vacation, we didn't get any new AIPs this week, did we?- At least not yet! Hoping some early October people will get lucky soon!

I'm triple waiting these days... job offer letter, now waiting for LMO, AIP... the wait didn't feel so bad earlier this summer, but now that we're closing in on the home stretch I'm getting more and more nervous and excited about everything. I so hope it's only going to be another couple of months before we get AIP, and that we won't have to do an interview which would delay everything. I just want to relax and have a normal live already. I sometimes find it difficult enough to be the foreigner anyway, but it certainly doesn't make me feel any better to be stuck in a pile of unprocessed paperwork.
We should not desperate.
My wife is exactly in your situation as we applied 2nd Dec 2011 but she is doing voluntary work in the meatime to help with her self estime...she is not used to be jobless and that since sept 2011...
If It would have been me moving to her in Germany after a month I would already be working and having health insurances and all but we decided to live here in Canada.
It is a very long process but it is worth it.

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
I honestly don't even know how the process works in Germany- we haven't looked into it because my husband's German isn't great, so it was a no-brainer to try and stay here instead.

I already consider myself lucky, really, because I've continuously been employed. I don't know how other people deal with the wait, if it's difficult for me already. I think I would be volunteering a lot, too. I just can't sit at home doing nothing. I really do hope they change the rules for future applicants and either speed up the process for approval of the first stage, or allow spouses to get an OWP earlier. It just seems like unnecessary hardship to essentially force the sponsor to have the sole financial responsibility for their family without any other choices, for prolonged periods of time. In today's economy this really isn't feasible for many families, and almost seems like the government is punishing Canadians for marrying a foreigner.

Vinlander, I'm excited to see us moving along in the timeline, since we share the same date and country! Theoretically, we should get AIP at the same time. I'm exited to see if that will be the case or not.