Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
yangski said:
hi everyone,

My application receive dec.09,2011 and my e-cas doesnt say anything yet from the time they receive my application.Anyhow my question is what should i do since my work permit will expire this sept.07 and im not working now coz we moved from edmonton to red deer and we found that im pregnant.Just worried coz i'll be out of status after sept 07.just so hard to find that doing lmo here in red deer.Any advice what to apply while waiting for AIP?thanks in advance...

ria
Even though cic says people can be in no legal status while their application is in process, I will strongly advise you applied for visitor status instead if you can't renew you work permit and you have to do it asap before end of august. get the application to change status on their website or just file it electronically.
good luck

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec.09,2011 AIP/OPW:Sept.11,2012 DM:Sept.18,2012
qw123,

thank you so much for your advice.Once i apply to change status should i tell them that i file for pr application and waiting for a result?Is there any chance to be refuse?Just so worried since im pregnant now,me and my partner wants the baby to be born here and never heard anything on cic,my application status is just receive.but thank you so much.

riah

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
yangski said:
qw123,

thank you so much for your advice.Once i apply to change status should i tell them that i file for pr application and waiting for a result?Is there any chance to be refuse?Just so worried since im pregnant now,me and my partner wants the baby to be born here and never heard anything on cic,my application status is just receive.but thank you so much.

riah
you will be fine. nothing to worry about. just fillout the forms and they will ask you in the box the reason you explain you applied inland under spousal or common law sponsorship and you would lke to change to visitor to maintain a legal status throughout the process. there is no way they will deny...they usually give two years...it;s call a visitor record. becuase you are already in canada so it can't be a visitor visa but a visitor record which will allow you to have visitor status through the process.

you will be fine and your baby will be born here but I hope you are ready for the cost as it can be very costly $10,000 for labor if you do not have some sort of coverage. Good luck

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
micanada said:
hi nonoo and pan eve my application was received nov 21st 2011. hope we get aip soon :)

Hi Micanada,
Please stay in touch; it’s really nice to find folks who applied near the same period as I did.

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
hi qw123,

thanks again to your informative reply,it's very helpful..I will file my change status right away..I heard about the cost of labor,are they refundable once i get my PR?My partner told me not to worry about the cost of labor,he might get a discount since he's working at the hospital.thanks for your help qw123. :D

ria

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
yangski said:
hi qw123,

thanks again to your informative reply,it's very helpful..I will file my change status right away..I heard about the cost of labor,are they refundable once i get my PR?My partner told me not to worry about the cost of labor,he might get a discount since he's working at the hospital.thanks for your help qw123. :D

ria
Hi
Don't mean to butt in but I just read your post
If you have worked for more than 600 hours in your work permit year you are entitled to maternity leave.
And if you have your application filed for sponsorship, you can bring a copy of the receipt to your health care and they will renew your health card for 2 years. So your labour and all pre natal visits will be covered.
I know this because I was in your situation.
Hope this helps and congrats on the pregnancy !!

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
irishred said:
Hi
Don't mean to butt in but I just read your post
If you have worked for more than 600 hours in your work permit year you are entitled to maternity leave.
And if you have your application filed for sponsorship, you can bring a copy of the receipt to your health care and they will renew your health card for 2 years. So your labour and all pre natal visits will be covered.
I know this because I was in your situation.
Hope this helps and congrats on the pregnancy !!
Hi irishred,

Thank you so much for your message.Yes i have filed under family class sponsorship(common-law) and they receive it last dec.09,2011.Sorry what kind of receipt should I bring to health care?Thats the only thing I need?This will be big help for us.Thank you so much..

ria

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
yangski said:
Hi irishred,

Thank you so much for your message.Yes i have filed under family class sponsorship(common-law) and they receive it last dec.09,2011.Sorry what kind of receipt should I bring to health care?Thats the only thing I need?This will be big help for us.Thank you so much..

ria
Hi
I brought a copy of the receipt that I had to send to CIC showing that I had paid the application fees.
I can't remember if I took anything else, just my health card. I'm almost sure that is all they looked for.
You should have no problems.
If I can help in any other way, feel free to PM me

IRISHRED

torontoinlander

Apr 28, 2012
WOW, congratulations! You must be the first one to get the second stage approval since early-July applicants.

Have your e-cas been updated yet?

Hopefully more July, August, and September applicants get the same mail next week across the country, since you are in the same province as the Vegreville case processing centre.

Please update us if anyone else also got the second stage approval letter or e-cas update.

Cheers

z.yahya said:
***Update

Got my DM!!

Today I got a letter saying "we are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application is complete". File has now been sent to my local office (Calgary) which they said will contact me shortly.

My Ecas didn't change.

Time line

Application received :Aug 23 2011

Aip: July 11 2012.

DM: July 31 2012 (as per letter)

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
nonoo said:
Hi Micanada,
Please stay in touch; it's really nice to find folks who applied near the same period as I did.
sure will do!! :)

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
yangski said:
Hi irishred,

ria
hi yangzi!!

the cost of having a baby in Alberta is 3500 plus 990 for the baby, so its almost 5k!!!! im in Calgary and i was in a reg work permit but before i stopped working i applied for mat leave, and govt paid me back for a year, if u dont have a valid health card u don't really have to pay them right a way but u have to talk to them and make an arrangement. once u get a visitors record renew your health card at the registry and take your spouse and common law with u and they will put your health card acct under your spouse acct. and u can clear your bills in the hospital but u have to do that within 90 days since u had baby.

hope this help and good luck!

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
micanada said:
sure will do!! :)
Hey guys CIC received my application on Nov 14th 2011. Started processing on Jan 27th 2012. Im applying for an inland spouse sponsorship from quebec.....got my CSQ about 3 months ago, sent the finger prints too.Nice to see other people who have applied around the same time...we'll keep each other updated.

Cheers!
Zion

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
Zion786 said:
Hey guys CIC received my application on Nov 14th 2011. Started processing on Jan 27th 2012. Im applying for an inland spouse sponsorship from quebec.....got my CSQ about 3 months ago, sent the finger prints too.Nice to see other people who have applied around the same time...we'll keep each other updated.

Cheers!
Zion
hi zion!

are u the sponsor or applicant? its nice to see ppl on this thread who have applied onsame time :) for sure we will keep iin touch! my local visa office is in calgary and im the applicant! good luck to us!!

hope we get our aip soon!!

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
z.yahya said:
***Update

Got my DM!!

Today I got a letter saying "we are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application is complete". File has now been sent to my local office (Calgary) which they said will contact me shortly.

My Ecas didn't change.

Time line

Application received :Aug 23 2011

Aip: July 11 2012.

DM: July 31 2012 (as per letter)

wow!! Congrats! My app was rcvd Aug 29th. I wonder if they will be that quick with my application as well. :)

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
irishred said:
Hi
I brought a copy of the receipt that I had to send to CIC showing that I had paid the application fees.
I can't remember if I took anything else, just my health card. I'm almost sure that is all they looked for.
You should have no problems.
If I can help in any other way, feel free to PM me

IRISHRED
hi irishred,
Good day to you and thank you for your response.Since it's long weekend i will do it on tuesday,I will go to registry and renew my health card and change my status to visitor.I hope everything goes well.thanks again :D

ria