Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
grippy said:
Hi everybody

Finally I got my pr card in my mailbox today after the landing interview at CIC Montreal on May 23.

Actually I kept myself busy with planning to further my study here and practicing my French skill so I forgot all about the PR card.

So now I'm planning my trip back to my home country, Thailand.

At least I can get CIC out of my head until 2014 when I apply for Canadian citizenship.

Good luck for everyone, soon your day will come ;D
congrats am happy you will get to see your family and glad it over for you have fun for us still waiting good luck

tes

Jul 5, 2012
Wow congrates, I have my landing interview in a few days. how was your interview, did they ask to bring your sponsor? Please up date me I am very excited, hopefully all will be over soon. ;) Thanks

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
vincystress said:
TheProfessorsWife said:
Hey Hatrang,
Congratulations on your quickie immigration process!!! :)
I must admit I'm a little jealous ::), I sent mine in Oct 4, 2011 and still haven't heard a peep from the CIC. Just curious, where did you send your application?
I sent mine to Vegreville so perhaps its a difference in the processing times of where the application was sent.
Thanks so much!!
TPW
[/quote
it was also sent at the vegreville office i think it is because i had my cbsa officer pushing the process and thanks a lot
Thanks Vincystress,
I thought the cbsa officers don't have the power to do that?
You had extenuating circumstances though, I'm pretty sure I read about it already, but I just wanted to be sure, you had to petition your case is that right?
I apologize for all the questions, just trying to get things straight in my mind. :-\
Thank you !!!!

hatrang said:
I think you should ask vincystress because that was my response to his/her question.
Anyway, I saw his/her answer right below, you can reference to the info there.

You sent your app. before me 1/2 month, if there is some news from CIC, you must get it before I do. Don't worry, your turn will come in around 2 months.

Hope that helps!
Thank you Hatrang!!!
You're right.
There is nothing I can do right now but just wait it out... Stressing will only make it worse.

I appreciate the responses from both of you!
Good luck guy and gals!
:-*

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
FYI..."DM" does not mean stage 2 for everyone..just some folks I guess. I'm proof of that. So far we have only gotten AIP...still waiting for DM letter although ECAS has been saying "DM" for months now. This is all so confusing.

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone who got AIP in June and HAD TO REDO THE MEDICALS already heard anything from CIC? If not, does anyone knows the average timeline?

Another point, I´ve been reading the forum and it seems a lot of people have the same doubt:
According to the girl from Service Ontario, you can only apply for OHIP if you have DM (after the landing interview) or if you have AIP + full time job.
I got my work permit in June 1st and until I got a full time job, I couldn´t apply.

Cheers.

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
tes said:
Wow congrates, I have my landing interview in a few days. how was your interview, did they ask to bring your sponsor? Please up date me I am very excited, hopefully all will be over soon. ;) Thanks
Hi Tes

Congratulations on our upcoming landing. My interview went smooth. They asked me to bring my sponsor. It's nothing more than just 3 official questions like "Have you committed any crime in Canada?" " do you have any dependent from your home country?" and " When did you arrive in Canada?"

Then, the nice lady said "welcome to Canada" and gave me some pamphlets containing information on how to adapt yourself as a new comers to Canada. Don't worry it's nothing more than just an official meet and greet with your local CIC

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
vincystress said:
congrats am happy you will get to see your family and glad it over for you have fun for us still waiting good luck

Thanks vincystress. Your day will come soon. I believe CIC is working hard for us.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
i have not seen any aip or dm for maybe a week now has cic put us on hold again

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
Just to share who may have similar situation like me.

My spouse received MSP health card today. Currently, our ECas states only "Application received on Nov. 2011". It's frustrating (sent and resent application/documents 5 times, called them 4-5 times, all together took me 6 months), but finally got it.

Thx so much for previously answered my questions.

Now I'm waiting for stage 1 approval. Congratulate to those who got landed and received PR card!

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
kama3410 said:
yessssss!!!
we got a letter today stating that the first step has been completed :)
I also received work permit (it looks exactly like visa paper)

Question:
Is the work permit my temporary sin or I must go and obtain one?
What about ohip, can I apply for it now?

we sent documents on SEPTEMBER 1,2011

THX

Hi Kama,
go to serviceCanada and they will assign you a Sin that will last as long as you OWP is valid. they'll mail you a card with your temporary Sin on it.
Regarding Ohip, there is a 3 month waiting period from the date you got AIP - go and apply, they will take your pic and your card will be mailed to you in 3 month, it will be valid for year. hope this hepls!

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grippy said:
Hi Tes

Congratulations on our upcoming landing. My interview went smooth. They asked me to bring my sponsor. It's nothing more than just 3 official questions like "Have you committed any crime in Canada?" " do you have any dependent from your home country?" and " When did you arrive in Canada?"

Then, the nice lady said "welcome to Canada" and gave me some pamphlets containing information on how to adapt yourself as a new comers to Canada. Don't worry it's nothing more than just an official meet and greet with your local CIC
Congrats on getting it done :D Our interview is tomorrow. So will update the forum on how it went. The only thing I'm not sure about are the photographs. In the letter it says two photographs are required for each member of your family that is sponsored. They failed to mention what kind of photographs. I assume the same size specifications as the ones we sent in our application?

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
sluma said:
Congrats on getting it done :D Our interview is tomorrow. So will update the forum on how it went. The only thing I'm not sure about are the photographs. In the letter it says two photographs are required for each member of your family that is sponsored. They failed to mention what kind of photographs. I assume the same size specifications as the ones we sent in our application?
. PR card photo, measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1" and 1 1/5") from chin to crown (top of the hair). A 35 mm x 45 mm ( 1 3/8" x 1 3/4" ) finish sized.

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiting mode^__* said:
. PR card photo, measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1" and 1 1/5") from chin to crown (top of the hair). A 35 mm x 45 mm ( 1 3/8" x 1 3/4" ) finish sized.
ah, good stuff!! Thanks a bunch :)

tes

Jul 5, 2012
Hi, Good for you all went well. I can`t wait for my interview, wanted to ask some people know weather they are approved right away and some get letters in the mail about their approval. Where did you have your interview, cause I have mine in Etobicoke. Does it depends on the local office? Cause I would like to know right away like you did ;) Cause I don`t think i can wait again. This has been a waiting process, will keep you posted about mine. Hopefully it will be easy as yours!! ;D

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
tes said:
Hi, Good for you all went well. I can`t wait for my interview, wanted to ask some people know weather they are approved right away and some get letters in the mail about their approval. Where did you have your interview, cause I have mine in Etobicoke. Does it depends on the local office? Cause I would like to know right away like you did ;) Cause I don`t think i can wait again. This has been a waiting process, will keep you posted about mine. Hopefully it will be easy as yours!! ;D
What's your timeline ?