Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
Markm said:
Actually, you don't need a work/student permit to get MSP in BC - my wife is here under implied status, and we applied, and were accepted. It does have an expiry date of 1 year however.
Thank you Camiro and Markm.

That really help with your info. I've just sent my MSP application with document yesterday. Hopefully, my wife can get MSP coverage.

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
PanEva said:
Thank you Camiro and Markm.

That really help with your info. I've just sent my MSP application with document yesterday. Hopefully, my wife can get MSP coverage.
It shouldn't be a problem - they will likely ask for some supporting documents (visitor visa, photocopy of passport for proof on entry dates etc.) - I would call MSP and explain your situation, they'll give you all the answers you need!

gracie

Mar 30, 2011
Heidyincnd said:
Hi there,

I have been in-process status since last June 2011 and just received a decision made from CIC first day of this month (May 1). It is great to hear that CIC has extended the medical exam validity to 15 months instead of 12 month. Mine had done last year May 2011 and it has already expired on 25 May 2012. On the 3rd May, I mailed all the documents they requested including: photocopy of my passport, proof of legality status and a letter explaining that I had sent them the Police background check done back home and medical receipt (dated on 5 May 2011). I mentioned that from the day I mailed them my medical exam was still valid and if that is still accepted. If not, I asked them to let me know so that I could do it again. But since I mailed my documents, I did not hear from them. Can anyone give me some predicts? Whether they apply my case which extended the medical exam 3 more months? Does the Police Background check still valid or not?
It is really stressed waiting all these
Thanks a lot for your kind attention
-hi, what proof of legality status did you send?

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
Hi everyone , I am here again, So I have some news( I sent my app July 2011 ) in November I got my AIP and work permit, and the cic ask me for fingerprints and the medical check I sent the receipt again and in February I received a letter saying everything is ok with the medical check and still processing , yesterday I got a call from cic, the lady told me they dont found any information about my medical check?!! She ask me some information about my medical check and she open a new file-enquiry about this, I have to call again in 3-4 weeks and they will told me if I need to re-do my medical check ...

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
grcan said:
Thanks for answering... maybe we'll be able to go on vacation after all! What exactly do you mean by Bring Forward date? Thnx :)
It's the date in the future on which reviewing your application in scheduled. It means that you shouldn't expect much until that day.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Tecle said:
Hi everyone , I am here again, So I have some news( I sent my app July 2011 ) in November I got my AIP and work permit, and the cic ask me for fingerprints and the medical check I sent the receipt again and in February I received a letter saying everything is ok with the medical check and still processing , yesterday I got a call from cic, the lady told me they dont found any information about my medical check?!! She ask me some information about my medical check and she open a new file-enquiry about this, I have to call again in 3-4 weeks and they will told me if I need to re-do my medical check ...
I would like to know If you got approval on november or this is the date they start processing ur paper. Usually it takes more than 6 months before they actually work in ur file and you just said u have aip on november which is only 4 months.

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
Looking back at Tecle's posts - it seems he did get first stage approval back in November.

From memory there were 4 or 5 July 2011 applicants that got first stage approval back in Oct/Nov - not too sure what happened there

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
liza-laziza said:
It's the date in the future on which reviewing your application in scheduled. It means that you shouldn't expect much until that day.
Oh! Good to know! Thanks! ;D

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Can't believe that cic put their last update saying June 6th and didn't change the date.. still april 30th
What is wrong with them?
Why can't they put the real date?
I dont even know why i keep checking their website
???

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
I totaly understand you! At first I was worried but when I saw pepole from july being
Approved I stopped looking at their site knowing its never updated...
Checking the site is something we can't control even if we know
Its never updated:)
lilizinha said:
Can't believe that cic put their last update saying June 6th and didn't change the date.. still april 30th
What is wrong with them?
Why can't they put the real date?
I dont even know why i keep checking their website
???

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
finally over....just have to wait for montreal office to give me landing date.

We received your application for permanent residence on May 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 8, 2011.

Medical results have been received. (was done and sent with appl but did not appear until june 4 upon DM)

We received the requested information on May 18, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. (was made May 29 2012)
......and soon after this...
We sent you a letter on June 4, 2012 , Montreal, Quebec, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please... (was made later June 4)

mariela11

Nov 29, 2011
:D :D Hi Guys!

Update: My Landing date is June 18th, In Etobicoke!

Quite fast eh? So my timeline is as follows:
Application sent July 14th, 2011
Start Processing July 29, 2011
AIP May 31st, 2012
DM June 1st, 2012
Landing June 18th, 2012

Thank you everybody for all the support during this year!