Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmandaHsu said:
you'll receive a letter from CIC about the final decision, which tell you that you'll receive a letter/phone call from local CIC regarding your landing. Then it depends on where you live/what the local CIC to figure out how long you have to wait for landing. For example, I live in a small town, so I got phone call from local office as the same day I received the letter from CIC and they scheduled my case within 2 weeks.

Good luck and congratulations....

AmandaHsu

wheew!!sounds good!so i'll keep my cellphone with always and lets see if they gonna call this week or next week..hopefully soon...hehe..i haven't got any letter until now,and hoping before this week ends i will be recieving already...thank you for the info..i do live also in a small town here in alberta which is the border city of saskatchewan and alberta..i will keep you guys posted whenever there's any update already!!!good luck to all of us and just keep praying!!!:):):)

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Hi 2011 applicants.

Nice to see that CIC is working and people are getting their documents. I got stuck, however, at the second stage: it's been 3 months since AIP and no news yet (that why I was surprised to see in our chart it takes 6 days from AIP to DM: this is the best case scenario, not the average timing!).

I wanted also to ask people who applied for OWP after receiving their AIPs: how long it took you to get your working visas?? I read earlier in this thread it took somebody 5 days, but for me it's been already 22 days and still no news.... Oh, how much I love these immigration agencies!!! :mad:

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
Hi everyone,

I've just come back home after the landing interview at CIC Montreal which took us only 10 minutes after being called by the nice lady. We were not nervous at all because we learn from here that it's only a formality and that's it!

All the questions she asked are the same basic question as people who already landed share in here.

and finally she said welcome to Canada with a big smile on her face.

she also calculated the date when I will be able to apply for Canadian citizenship and reminded me not to lose my old passport because it's REALLY important for the application for citizenship.

Because the judge will check every single stamp on our PP since we first came here. No old passport to show them on the Citizenship test date means RQ which will delay your case for 12 to 24 months depending on where you send application form to ( compared to PR inside Canada, it's like being transfered to local office without an AIP )

Now I am officially a permanent residence of Canada. I know how frustrated and tired we are, but when it comes to an end, you will feel like standing on the top of the hill.

Hope you all get the good news soon.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grippy said:
Hi everyone,

I've just come back home after the landing interview at CIC Montreal which took us only 10 minutes after being called by the nice lady. We were not nervous at all because we learn from here that it's only a formality and that's it!

All the questions she asked are the same basic question as people who already landed share in here.

and finally she said welcome to Canada with a big smile on her face.

she also calculated the date when I will be able to apply for Canadian citizenship and reminded me not to lose my old passport because it's REALLY important for the application for citizenship.

Congrats!

Finally now you can relax and enjoy the summer!
I will be landing soon in Toronto and hopefully soon i will get my PR card so i can travel around!
Cheers,

Because the judge will check every single stamp on our PP since we first came here. No old passport to show them on the Citizenship test date means RQ which will delay your case for 12 to 24 months depending on where you send application form to ( compared to PR inside Canada, it's like being transfered to local office without an AIP )

Now I am officially a permanent residence of Canada. I know how frustrated and tired we are, but when it comes to an end, you will feel like standing on the top of the hill.

Hope you all get the good news soon.

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berber_amazigh said:
Hi

Today i got my landing letter and i will be landing on June 21st at Scarborough!
Good luck for everyone and can you please update my info in the chart so ppl who are landing in Scarborough will know the exact time!
Thanks,
It means that I will get the f@#$ing letter soon!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Nicolelee

Apr 22, 2009
Hello everyone!! Long time lurker first time poster. We sent in our application for my husbands PM last July. Our E-cas says the following

We received your application for permanent residence on July 5, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 11, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on May 18, 2012

Now from what I understand from reading these posts all of these many long months of waiting is that this indicates both stage approval at once. Is this correct? Because when I called CIC the agent I got was a little short with both my husband and I. We finally got him to tell us that we would get my husbands work visa in the mail soon. I'm confused. Believe me I'm thrilled with him even getting his work visa. We have two kids and need the two incomes but I am sooooo ready for this whole thing to be over. Any advise is appreciated.

On a side note to everyone here I really want to thank everyone. If it were not for the info shared here I would have lost my mind long ago thinking that they were still working on applications from April 30th.

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Congrats!!! Happy to hear they started to process July applications :) Happy for you.

Nicolelee said:
Hello everyone!! Long time lurker first time poster. We sent in our application for my husbands PM last July. Our E-cas says the following

We received your application for permanent residence on July 5, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 11, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on May 18, 2012

Now from what I understand from reading these posts all of these many long months of waiting is that this indicates both stage approval at once. Is this correct? Because when I called CIC the agent I got was a little short with both my husband and I. We finally got him to tell us that we would get my husbands work visa in the mail soon. I'm confused. Believe me I'm thrilled with him even getting his work visa. We have two kids and need the two incomes but I am sooooo ready for this whole thing to be over. Any advise is appreciated.

On a side note to everyone here I really want to thank everyone. If it were not for the info shared here I would have lost my mind long ago thinking that they were still working on applications from April 30th.

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berber_amazigh said:
Thanks but when did you get your DM?
I got my DM on March 28 and I've been waiting for a letter with the landing appointment 2 months now (I'm with Scarborough as well)

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mila_mac said:
I got my DM on March 28 and I've been waiting for a letter with the landing appointment 2 months now (I'm with Scarborough as well)
We have only one day between us as i got mine on the 27 th of march !
we are almost there i hope you will get the landing letter this week!
if we land in the same day i will def come and see congrats to you in person!!
Cheers mila_mac

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berber_amazigh said:
We have only one day between us as i got mine on the 27 th of march !
we are almost there i hope you will get the landing letter this week!
if we land in the same day i will def come and see congrats to you in person!!
Cheers mila_mac
I forgot to ask you did you apply for the health card?

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Hey guy
I was just wondering... To those who already got their landing interviews and still or got their PR Card. Did CIC return your file or not??? How does it work !

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

just wondering to ask you if anybody here knows how many days does the CIC Edmonton contact you for the landing interview?i recieved the letter yesterday confirming tha i am eligible for the PR,and as indicated there that my file is transferred already in my local office in Edmonton for the landing interview,now i'm wondering if how many days of waiting before cic edmonton will contact you?and what are the requirements needed for the interview?thank you and hoping for your help..

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelparnes said:
hi guys,

just wondering to ask you if anybody here knows how many days does the CIC Edmonton contact you for the landing interview?i recieved the letter yesterday confirming tha i am eligible for the PR,and as indicated there that my file is transferred already in my local office in Edmonton for the landing interview,now i'm wondering if how many days of waiting before cic edmonton will contact you?and what are the requirements needed for the interview?thank you and hoping for your help..
If you take a look at our inland 2011 chart you will see that Edmonton usually takes around 2-3 months to get a landing letter!But you never know it might even arrive sooner!
Once you get the landing letter you will find a list of what you need such photo and all the document issued by CIC!
Good luck!