Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:) true! I wish CIC started to move! My patience is on level zero right now!
perk said:
It would be so nice to see a bunch come through this week!!

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Omg, great news guys. We FINALLY got our landing letter for my husband. He is landing at the Scarborough office on May 16 at 11am. Just to give you Scarborough waiters a timeline. Hubby got decision made on Mar.7 and the landing letter was mailed out on Apr.11 and we received the letter on Fri Apr.13. I guess Friday the 13th was a very lucky day for us.

Berber, I would say it will take you a month and a few days to get your landing letter. I can't remember who else was waiting. I will let u all know how the landing goes.

I just have a quick question. We were thinking of driving to the USA after the landing to celebrate. Maybe do some shopping and go to the cheesecake factor. Are you guys sure that we can enter Canada with the COPR with no issues?
Hi Angtao, yes that is very possible and i confirmed this with the immigration officer that I landed to this morning, all you need to show is a photocopy of your Certificate of your Permanent Residency and your stamped passport, no need to show PR card.

There were about 20 of us landing at Vancouver office this morning, about 15 of us were spouse sponsorships, based on what everyone has mentioned in the forum, it started with a 30 minute presentation, then we were asked 1 by 1 to go to the office and have our visa stamped after answering a few questions.

At last this is done, for now. Good luck to everyone who are waiting and just hang on, your time will come :)

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody!!! I'm a bit late but still will join your topic :)
We applied in January 2011, they started processing it in February 2011 and on March 28, I got a letter that the decision has been made and my case was transferred to Scarborough office...I have just called the Call Centre and a very nice lady with a thick frech accent just told me that it will take 3 months for Scarborough to send me a letter with a date for my landing interview.....I didn't think it was so long....I haven't seen my mom for 3 years and I after recieving the letter from Vegreville and stuff...I thought it was a matter 2-3 weeks to get it over with...and go back home for a nice vacation...
not so fast apparently ...
:(

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
Berber_amazigh said:
Thank you so much! i would definitely Do as you recommended !
also when you go into the office to apply, bring your bank/credit card statement that's dated after your DM letter with your address on. i had to go in for the third time because of this and that and they just keep changing rules. bring everything you have with your address and name on that you just received in the mail!

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
nonoo said:
Hi,
It cost us a fortune to deliver a baby without an OHIP, we spent around $9000 for the entire process because of PROM which occurred during 32.4 weeks of my pregnancy, Brampton Civic hospital charged us 2000$/day just for the stay at the hospital excluding physicians and lab charges. We paid $2,600 to the OB and made several other petty payments for the ultrasounds and blood works. Though we were lucky to find the Headwater hospital at Orangeville which is about 40 mins drive from Brampton where we lived, as their charges were 1500$/day. Physicians/OB's charges were quite less, but headwater hospital was not equipped to keep the babies born less than 35 weeks of gestation. I was transferred from Orangeville hospital to Brampton Civic. We entangled into a real dilemma, not only in terms of financial distress but because my baby had to stay 10 days in the NICU as well. Gratefully baby got his OHIP from day one because of his dad.
first congratulations on your baby! i hope the joy overwhelms the pain of delivery and bills. i had my baby delivered before i got my PR. luckily i was in school and it was mandatory to buy health insurance ourselves for $900/year. and that covers all of my tests, doctor's visits, delivery and hospital stay. my baby was born the end of may, and the insurance ended in august, just in time for me to recover because i did go back to see the OB for a few times. i hope both of you and the baby are doing well now, my hospital charges $3400 a day just to let you know. and for anyone else in the similar situation, do buy private insurance when you are waiting for PR, because it costs under $2000 but if you are going to give birth, it will save you a LOT!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tzing said:
also when you go into the office to apply, bring your bank/credit card statement that's dated after your DM letter with your address on. i had to go in for the third time because of this and that and they just keep changing rules. bring everything you have with your address and name on that you just received in the mail!
Too late :( as she already told me to come back later when i have all the documents!
i forgot to bring my utility bill with my name on it.
and most of my bills are online ones!
and the agent was very rude!

iamxiaogua

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Feb 3, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 30, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 14, 2012
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
Jun 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 16, 2012
LANDED..........
Jul 25, 2012
I received a letter from CIC yesterday, asking me to provide finger prints. I am a bit confused, because my spouse (the sponsor) hasn't received AIP yet...

Is this normal to have been asked for finger prints before AIP?

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamxiaogua said:
I received a letter from CIC yesterday, asking me to provide finger prints. I am a bit confused, because my spouse (the sponsor) hasn't received AIP yet...

Is this normal to have been asked for finger prints before AIP?
It depends But in my case i did not provide any finger prints and i still got Decision made.
Just Provide whatever they ask as soon as possible!!

iamxiaogua

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Feb 3, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 30, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 14, 2012
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
Jun 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 16, 2012
LANDED..........
Jul 25, 2012
Thanks for the reply, Berber.

Does anyone know if "finger prints" will delay the process? Because apparently, I will have to take the prints and send it to CIC as "additional documents". I vaguely remember a comment saying that "additional documents" could delay the whole process by three months, is that true....?

Berber_amazigh said:
It depends But in my case i did not provide any finger prints and i still got Decision made.
Just Provide whatever they ask as soon as possible!!

SAgirl

Nov 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011
LANDED..........
27-04-2012
johanna125 said:
Hi. For chart update purposes, what's your AIP and DM dates? Thanks.

Got my letters today :) For Chart update purposes my AIP and DM dates are 12 April 2012

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Does anybody from June received AIP or DM? As CIC didn't update the processing time in the past few weeks, so we actually don't know when they are now processing.

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
Mingming said:
Does anybody from June received AIP or DM? As CIC didn't update the processing time in the past few weeks, so we actually don't know when they are now processing.
Not yet see any June Applicant get answer from CIC. Maybe CIC still on holidays.

Chaserho

Mar 21, 2012
Berber_amazigh said:
Too late :( as she already told me to come back later when i have all the documents!
i forgot to bring my utility bill with my name on it.
and most of my bills are online ones!
and the agent was very rude!
I am so sorry for hearing that has happened on us again. Which one of service centre you visited? This was so ridiculous and rude, as I said before that you have to stand firm having a sufficient documents are in hand.( beside their counter there has a instruction guide for obtaining a health card ). take it , pass them and tell them I already have everything I had for that stuffs. Then they will be stopped doing rude. ask you for holding on then talk with the in-charge. Ultimately they requested me to visit the other office in 3495 Lawrence Avenue East ( into a Cedabrae Mall ). There the black lady( I think she is a boss )was just requested me showing them the DM and AIP letters, that is and directly took a photo. Finally I have got my temp health card within 2 weeks.

Chaserho

Mar 21, 2012
Chaserho said:
I am so sorry for hearing that has happened on us again. Which one of service centre you visited? This was so ridiculous and rude, as I said before that you have to stand firm having a sufficient documents are in hand.( beside their counter there has a instruction guide for obtaining a health card ). take it , pass them and tell them I already have everything I had for that stuffs. Then they will be stopped doing rude. ask you for holding on then talk with the in-charge. Ultimately they requested me to visit the other office in 3495 Lawrence Avenue East ( into a Cedabrae Mall ). There the black lady( I think she is a boss )was just requested me showing them the DM and AIP letters, that is and directly took a photo. Finally I have got my temp health card within 2 weeks.
BTW Berber_amazigh, I just want to share something for you, my DM letter was received on 12 March and I have got my landing letter today on 17 April from Scarborough Office. So I think you will receive a landing letter at the end of April. Therefore your waitting game will be gone yay ;D.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chaserho said:
BTW Berber_amazigh, I just want to share something for you, my DM letter was received on 12 March and I have got my landing letter today on 17 April from Scarborough Office. So I think you will receive a landing letter at the end of April. Therefore your waitting game will be gone yay ;D.
Thank you so much for your precious tips!
I actually went to the one at Shepperd and Yonge and the receptionist was not helpful at all.
i am hoping to get my landing letter very soon!
Let me know how me how your landing goes!
Regards,