+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for letting us know how it went Canadiancitizen!, Wshing you and your family a lifetime of happiness. :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
leo77 said:
Thanks for letting us know how it went Canadiancitizen!, Wshing you and your family a lifetime of happiness. :)
kind and meaningfull Words Leo, thank you so much, all the best to you and wife!!!

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
Cic must still be working on something even though they don't update- I received my renewed closed work permit yesterday, even though they are not officially working on the submission date yet. Gives me some hope we still might see an update today. My theory is they dont update until all applications up to a certain date are finished, probably to keep people from calling. So if just one officer is on vacation for a couple of weeks, everything appears to have slowed down even though others are still working on stuff. My work permit took only 9 days (not counting mailing time) as opposed to the 13 days posted.

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Just been down to the Sudbury office to ask how long they think it will be for my interview they said "towards the end of the month, give us your email and you will find out faster".

I also requested a morning interview pointing out that we have to be home at a certain time for one of our daughters, and they added that onto my file and said no problem.

Feel lucky that the Sudbury office has been so helpful to me.

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
canadiancitizen said:
Hello guys,
On Tuesday, April 10, my hubby and I went to Montreal's CIC office to receive the final step to get over with PR waiting. So, from dropping our application to handle PR document took us 11 months exactly.

So, to our surprise, TV media was at the CIC door because of this family deportation dilemma, nevertheless we were hyper and terribly happy. The receptionist told us to wait in a large room, where a lot of people were waiting as well, all countries were represented... I felt in an Airport.

Then, at 13h00 (appointment was at 13h00) someone came to get us, and took us to another large office on the same floor. We sat in this cubicle and she asked:
Officer: When did you arrive in Canada?
Hubby: I think on the 20th of April 2011
ME: mmm is it?
Officer: she confirmed that it was the 20th, and asked for the Passport, compared the two together, passport and PR official document. Checked passport very carefully (names, issued, expiration date, passport number, and Visa.
Officer: Did you bring your CSQ certificate
US: yes
Officer: Did you bring your pictures? We gave her the 2 pictures (we took them at Costco), and pasted in the PR official document and asked hubby to sign and told him: do not lose it, you will need this for your Citizenship application, do not laminate it or whatever, keep it original.
Officer: have you got any colored certificate from CIC (work permit) I need to take it away from you, you don't need it anymore. As per your SIN card, if you have one, keep it, once you get the PR card take it to Services Canada along with your SIN card, and they will give you a new one.

Then she asked the 3 last questions:
Have you committed a crime since your arrival?
What is your address?
Do you have dependents outside of Canada other than listed under 18 years of age

Those questions are on the PR Official document, and she asked him to initial his answers.

Then she said congratulations, gave him his PR official Document, and told him that he will receive the PR card in six weeks time, then added you cannot travel with this document, you need your PR card.

BUT hubby and I have already schedule our vacation in 2 weeks time so we ask her if we could go anyway.
She said: you could travel to some countries that allowed it, but not all do. So, check first with the Canadian Embassy first in the country you travelling too.
Then Hubby told her that we already contacted the Canadian Embassy to where we are travelling for vacation, and they email us saying that we can, and they already sent us the application form along with documents required to obtain that Travel Document.

She said, and then it is ok! And finalized the meeting with:

Congratulation and welcome to Canada, she explained how long hubby need to wait to apply for Citizenship and gave us the exactly date.

So she walked us out of that floor to the main lobby (ugly place) and we run holding hands (not)... unfortunately the TV media cameras had already left... bummer!!!

That was it... I wish you guys all the best, and waiting is part of the dream, the more you wait the more you will enjoy and appreciate the moment.. I know is easy to say it but we have been there.
Congratulations and thanks very much for sharing your experience with us. It's really helpful!!

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Hi guys,
I am mad and puzzled with CIC!
I sent additional papers in November and was calling to find out if those papers were attached. I just called and when they asked my address for security reasons it was not the one I live in right now. After a second I realized that I sent a regular mail with my new address that will become in effort in may and was really surprised that they have opened it and changed my adress, despite it said in the letter it will become effective May 1! After asking me 10 more security questions and looking at my file, the agent said my papers from november are still not attached.
How is that possible? Something that I sent 5 months ago via secure mail is still not attached and something that I sent 10 days ago via regular mail is already in the file?

Anyways, shall I change it back to my old address or hope that no action will be done until I move to my new place? My application was sent in July 6, so there should be no action this month! I am a bit worried and don't' know what to do!

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
I personally would log into your ecas and update your address there, what if they do send mail to your address you are not at and you dont recieve it and its requesting info within a certain time frame.

I have personally received a letter asking for more info and my police check and the letter stated :

"All of the requested information must be received by our office within 90 days for continued processing. If you are unable to provid this information within the 90 days, please provide written reasons for the delay."

Hope this helps maybe somebody else could give there thoughts.

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
Hi all – just wondering if someone who has received FOSS notes can help me, as I am just wondering what they should look like.

My problem is: I filled out form IMM5563, checking that I would like information via ‘E-mail' and my request was for ‘FOSS electronic notes (information in Canada)', I then faxed and emailed it off on March 15. Yesterday I received a HUGE envelope (120+ pages), via post, from CIC Vegreville and in it, along with all their notes etc, contains a copy of my entire file, including my full application I sent them and all my photos.

Is this FOSS notes or did they stuff up and send me my ‘In Canada Immigration file' which I didn't request? And if it is my immigration file does that mean that my application was pulled from processing and could of slowed down my completion? It shows an issue date for CORP, but says it hasn't been 'printed' yet, but it also has an expiry date of June 6?!?! I'm so confused and wondering if them pulling my file is why I haven't landed yet (from DM Feb 7).

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
I just checked my ecas and it still has my old address! I might get keys for our new place in 10 days max, maybe I can call everyday and ask if they sent anything? Aaaaa crazy cic!!!
leo77 said:
I personally would log into your ecas and update your address there, what if they do send mail to your address you are not at and you dont recieve it and its requesting info within a certain time frame.

I have personally received a letter asking for more info and my police check and the letter stated :

"All of the requested information must be received by our office within 90 days for continued processing. If you are unable to provid this information within the 90 days, please provide written reasons for the delay."

Hope this helps maybe somebody else could give there thoughts.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
I can't believe it
CIC just updated...........still April 30th..........so frustrating

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
irishred said:
I can't believe it
CIC just updated...........still April 30th..........so frustrating
for me it still shows april 2 last date updated...

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
cililoca said:
for me it still shows april 2 last date updated...
It did for me too but if you check it and then click to french it says updated April 10th :)

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:mad: It is more than frustrating! I wonder what is keeping them from working in regular pace?
irishred said:
It did for me too but if you check it and then click to french it says updated April 10th :)

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Am_lina11 said:
:mad: It is more than frustrating! I wonder what is keeping them from working in regular pace?
I wish I knew..........
Another week of waiting........ :( :mad:

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
irishred said:
Doesn't matter how much I refresh still gives me april 2... but it happens sometimes and soon it will show April 10th I believe... what's going on with CIC ? oh no :'(