+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waitingitout said:
Today my ecas changed to "Decision Made"! There's nothing else new, but I'm pretty sure that means PR :D

I HOPE SO

Also, to everyone on this forum: you've been such a tremendous help. I'm so, so glad this resource exists. ;)
Congrats! what a coincidence we have pretty much the same timeline!
and my ecas was updated today also to DM!
did you get any letter? i call today and they confirmed my second stage approval!
yaaay!!

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
"The Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays."

this is on the screen that you use to log into CAS, notice the "usually" part.

i check mine at least once day.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys !
Good news! just received my OWP today and the two other letters that we met the requirement to apply for PR!
Please chart updater can you correct my date!
I got my AIP on 24 March
and DM 27 March

Thank you!!

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
My husband's ECAS was updated last Saturday so not sure the "weekly on Tuesdays" thing is really accurate. I have no clue as to how the updates REALLY occur.

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Berber_amazigh said:
Hey guys !
Good news! just received my OWP today and the two other letters that we met the requirement to apply for PR!
Please chart updater can you correct my date!
I got my AIP on 24 March
and DM 27 March

Thank you!!
Whohooo!! Things are moving quickly!
Gonna check the mail in a few minutes. See if i get any letters! LOL

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
soooooo FRUSTRATING!!!!

Hi everyone, i just wanted to update you all on our process... my husband, along with the sponsorship, had his refugee application in process, and when that happens, the CBSA takes all documents including passport.. so yesterday we had our landing date, and cbsa was supposed to send all his documents over to the landing office, and after 3 hours of waiting, we go up to our turn and get the landing paper, only to be told that the damn cbsa hadn't sent the file therefore my husband didn't have his passport and couldn't get the landing! they apologized and said it was their mistake, now we have to wait until it all gets sorted and get another date for landing, miss more time off work to finally get what we've been waiting for, for more than a year now! this is such a frustrating situation as my hands are tied and we have te rely on immigration doing their job. so now, we keep on waiting!!! :mad:

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
If someone can update the chart. We are landing in Scarbrough and both of our letters AIP and my wifes letter telling her she is approved for PR and that we will receive a letter from scarbrough was also dated Feb 19th.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
kdmosco said:
soooooo FRUSTRATING!!!!

Hi everyone, i just wanted to update you all on our process... my husband, along with the sponsorship, had his refugee application in process, and when that happens, the CBSA takes all documents including passport.. so yesterday we had our landing date, and cbsa was supposed to send all his documents over to the landing office, and after 3 hours of waiting, we go up to our turn and get the landing paper, only to be told that the damn cbsa hadn't sent the file therefore my husband didn't have his passport and couldn't get the landing! they apologized and said it was their mistake, now we have to wait until it all gets sorted and get another date for landing, miss more time off work to finally get what we've been waiting for, for more than a year now! this is such a frustrating situation as my hands are tied and we have te rely on immigration doing their job. so now, we keep on waiting!!! :mad:

That really sucks... the governemnt is so harsh on us if we make mistakes on things.... but if they make mistakes no one seems to be heald accountable... they just prolong your waiting! No fair! I hope you guys can land soon!

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
kdmosco said:
soooooo FRUSTRATING!!!!

Im so sorry to hear that! I know how frusterating this is - we had problems at the begining of our application. Two months after submitting they told us our application was LOST! :eek: We had to send copies (thank God we had them) in a rush envelope and more pictures etc. Thankfully as I had proof of their receipt of first envelope they counted our received date as May 31st rather than July 27th! I wish there was some sort of reward for expedited service if THEY make mistakes -that would be fair.

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
man they make mistakes and to them its just another file! i'm glad everything is almost done, it's just unfortunate that we were almost there! anyway, i'm blessed to have it all confirmed and now it's just a matter of time before i get the landing paper, the man said he'd personally take care of it but not till next week because he was away, so i just hope thats true and everything gets resolved then!

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
kdmosco said:
man they make mistakes and to them its just another file!
Tell me about it - and they don't really even apologize. All I got was "I understand".

I got decision made on Feb 7, 2012. Since then I have made phone calls every week following up and here is what I found. They lost my file for about a month. Vegreville said they sent it to my local office and my local office said they didn't have it. Finally (per note on file, explained to me by the call centre) on March 15 Vegreville found it and said they would release my file with a CORP to my local office. As at yesterday - it's still sitting in Vegreville.

So frustrated. :'( The lady I spoke with yesterday said that there is absolutely nothing that can be done but to wait.

So even tho I got DM about 2 months ago, I'm still just waiting (and then of course there is a 3 week wait once it finally gets to my local office)

She said I could write them a letter - is that really going to do any good if they don't open the letter for another 4 months?!?!?

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
What's going on with CIC? No update last week and so far no update today... They were doing so well before and now this... I keep refreshing my page but nothing has changed... It's frustrating.

June2011

Feb 20, 2012
cililoca said:
What's going on with CIC? No update last week and so far no update today... They were doing so well before and now this... I keep refreshing my page but nothing has changed... It's frustrating.
I called them today regarding about my applications, I'm from 03 June 2011, and they said not news yet, they still working on the applications that have been received on April 30. I learned that few applicants from May have granted AIP or DM, but Dont know what to say. i'm from Brazil by the way.

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
CanAusGal said:
Tell me about it - and they don't really even apologize. All I got was "I understand".

I got decision made on Feb 7, 2012. Since then I have made phone calls every week following up and here is what I found. The lost my file for about a month. Vegreville said they sent it to my local office and my local office said they didn't have it. Finally (per note on file, explained to me by the call centre) on March 15 Vegreville found it and said they would release my file with a CORP to my local office. As at yesterday - it's still sitting in Vegreville.

So frustrated. :'( The lady I spoke with yesterday said that there is absolutely nothing that can be done but to wait.

So even tho I got DM about 2 months ago, I'm still just waiting (and then of course there is a 3 week wait once it finally gets to my local office)

She said I could write them a letter - is that really going to do any good if they don't open the letter for another 4 months?!?!?
Wow ....I thought we had it bad! I'm so sad to hear of situations like ours because you would expect CPC (government) to understand how difficult it is to go through a process such as this - financially AND emotionally. I bet you 80% of the employees in CPC immigrated to Canada themselves - you would think they would be more diligant and careful with the applications and pay attention to what they are doing as they too at one point in the past had gone through the process themselves!

They should change the process and at least grant an OWP as easy as a visitor visa extension. Quick and simple online and you have the permit within 2 - 3 months. That would at least take most of the burden and stress away as spouses in Canada waiting for PR would have something to occupy their time with rather than wasting a year of their life waiting......

If I was you I would contact your local MP and voice your concerns. I've heard of people doing that in the past and that will put some fire under their rear to speed up finding your application and getting it to the right place and completed quickly.

Good luck!

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
June2011 said:
I called them today regarding about my applications, I'm from 03 June 2011, and they said not news yet, they still working on the applications that have been received on April 30. I learned that few applicants from May have granted AIP or DM, but Dont know what to say. i'm from Brazil by the way.
I don't know what they have been doing all this time and no jump so far... it's frustrating! I hope you hear from them soon, I can imagine how excited you are to get it over with.

I'm from Brazil as well cheers! :)