Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gemauru said:
Hi Ryan.... I'm not sure who posted it, not even if it was here or on the 2010. But I remember they related the whole ceremony in Vancouver and that it took 1 hour from beginning to end. I'll keep looking and if I get it, I will pass the link.
Thanks Gemauru, how good of you to do that :)

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey people i was just wondering if people who already got their work permit can share their experience with the job market!
and also would be appreciated if they give tips!

Thanks!

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
It's been 2 weeks since I got a call from Vegreville, to fax them a page I forgot to fill out, but until now I have not news of my file, even if the agent told me everything else in my application was done, and that he will be sending me the letter in some days.

I'm calling and calling but they can't see anything on my file, just that it's in process. I hope they won't take another month just to include this page to my file, I really really want my AIP, it's been a year since I submitted my application. The call center agent told me my file was transfered to the supervisor in Vegreville, because I have exceeded the processing time...which I don'T understand very well, but it doesn'T matter, everything I want is my AIP, Please CIC think about my case!!! That's everything I want.

I'ts just so depressing, the worst is there is nothing I can do. I'm at home everyday, which is more depressing. My husband and me have plans and goals we want to achieve but we can't because of all this....!! . I see him everyday, how he works in something he has never done before, how he wakes up earlier than never, how tired is him when he arrives home, sleeps a couple of hours and then goes to his evening class.. And I can not help him. It is assumed that a couple should both help each other which include a financial aspect, but I can't!!!!!

I think I just should be patient, but after a year, I can not be patient, no more!

CIC could you please think in my case, too???

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
karma123 said:
It's been 2 weeks since I got a call from Vegreville, to fax them a page I forgot to fill out, but until now I have not news of my file, even if the agent told me everything else in my application was done, and that he will be sending me the letter in some days.

I'm calling and calling but they can't see anything on my file, just that it's in process. I hope they won't take another month just to include this page to my file, I really really want my AIP, it's been a year since I submitted my application. The call center agent told me my file was transfered to the supervisor in Vegreville, because I have exceeded the processing time...which I don'T understand very well, but it doesn'T matter, everything I want is my AIP, Please CIC think about my case!!! That's everything I want.

I'ts just so depressing, the worst is there is nothing I can do. I'm at home everyday, which is more depressing. My husband and me have plans and goals we want to achieve but we can't because of all this....!! . I see him everyday, how he works in something he has never done before, how he wakes up earlier than never, how tired is him when he arrives home, sleeps a couple of hours and then goes to his evening class.. And I can not help him. It is assumed that a couple should both help each other which include a financial aspect, but I can't!!!!!

I think I just should be patient, but after a year, I can not be patient, no more!

Please CIC could you think in my case, too??????
I feel your frustration. My call to CIC today ended in tears, when they said all I had to do was wait (for the hundredth time) :'(

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
karma123 said:

CIC could you please think in my case, too???

I understand you completely, that's how I feel as well. We have to do our best to keep our sanity, it's very difficult but there isn't another way. I wish I could help my husband financially but I also can't, it's very frustrating and sometimes it feels worse and some other times we deal with it in a better way. I wish you all the best and I hope they process your application soon.

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
hi guys, I got my open work permit in the mail today, signed March 26, 2012. the expiration date is the same as my passport. but my ecas says still in process...

lisow

May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 12, 2011
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone can advise on this, but if you could, it would be much appreciated!

So my wife (applicant) and I (sponsor) applied for her PR back in Sept. 2011, with her home country's passport that expires at the end of October 2012. When we initially applied, the processing times were less than they are now, and we really didn't think about her passport expiring before we got her PR.

Now that the time-frame is a little longer, we're debating about what to do about renewing the passport. Officials from her embassy are coming to Calgary (where we live) in April for passport renewals, but otherwise, we'll have to fly to Toronto to the have the renewal done at a later date.

I'm not sure if it's possible to have a passport renewed while the PR application is on-going, and if this is the way to go? Or should we wait out the PR process, which could potentially take us fairly close the expiry date on the passport.. (or even past it)

Thanks for any help!

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
lisow said:
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone can advise on this, but if you could, it would be much appreciated!

So my wife (applicant) and I (sponsor) applied for her PR back in Sept. 2011, with her home country's passport that expires at the end of October 2012. When we initially applied, the processing times were less than they are now, and we really didn't think about her passport expiring before we got her PR.

Now that the time-frame is a little longer, we're debating about what to do about renewing the passport. Officials from her embassy are coming to Calgary (where we live) in April for passport renewals, but otherwise, we'll have to fly to Toronto to the have the renewal done at a later date.

I'm not sure if it's possible to have a passport renewed while the PR application is on-going, and if this is the way to go? Or should we wait out the PR process, which could potentially take us fairly close the expiry date on the passport.. (or even past it)

Thanks for any help!
Definitely get it done in April. Then all you need to do is send a copy of the details page from the new passport to Vegreville.

Put the copy in an envelope with both the applicant and sponsor names, date application was received at Vegreville and client ID (if you have one). The write “Time Sensitive document, please add to my file ASAP”.

Put that envelope into another one and address it to:
CPC Vegreville
6212 – 55th Ave
Vegreville, AB T9C 1W5

Basically, the earlier you renew her passport and send the details off to Vegreville, the more time they will have to attach the new details to her file to avoid delays.

June2011

Feb 20, 2012
lisow said:

Thanks for any help!
I was in the same situation. I filled my application on June. 2011, and my passport was valid till april/2012. I called CIC and they told me to renew the passport and send the copies with my client ID, and a cover letter asking them to update my new passport #. I sent the copies last January and I
Called them last week ( 2 months after) and they already received it and had attached on my application. but you will need your Client ID, if you dont have yet, call them and ask for. in this situation they will provide the client id # for you.

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
canadiancitizen said:
thank you :) ... We got it before DM letters, in fact I got it in March 22.
Really?! Is it because you paid the Right of Permanent Residence in advanced?
I paid it yesterday and sent the payment receipt with some requested documents and 2 photos to their office in person. Thought that it will be faster and besides, sometimes Post Canada lost the mail. Anyways, I hope to know when my landing interview appointment will be!! :)

Good luck!!

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
taoqi said:
Hello lyrical,

You can bring your DM letter , CSQ and passport to apply Health Insurance Card.

the fee: $10.31

the location:
425, boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest
3rd floor, suite 300
Montréal (Québec) H3A 3G5

Metro Place-des-Arts exit rue De Bleury Nord
Metro Mcgill exit rue Union

office hours are as follows:

Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Good luck :)
Hi, Taoqi,
Thanks for sharing the information!
I phoned them today for applying the Health Insurance Card, except the things you mentioned, they also asked me to bring my husband to verify our home address. Is it the same to you?? Or, you brought something else to prove it?

Thanks in advanced!!

kali2960

Mar 28, 2012
Hi everyone , Could someone tell me what to expect in an inland spousal sponsorship landing interview in windsor ontario. thank you.
p.s other cities are always welcome just gives me a better picture to what to expect.

Canada1984

Feb 10, 2012
My application was transferred to London Ontario on march 3rd. Does anyone know how long I will be waiting for a letter stating when we will have our marriage assessment interview?

Thanks for any help

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey all,i've been losing alot of sleep recently, i was given 90 days to send in aditional information and my police check, (which my registered mail said they recieved on monday), i was just wondering do you think cic will start to reavaluate my case at the end of 90 days or before, checking cas is driving me nuts, im a bag of nerves.

If anybody has any experience with having to give additional info/documents/police check, and have an idea of the timeframe i would be glad to hear your story, thx Leo.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Inlanders,

Cic just updated my wife's and my e-cas to Decision Made!
do you think it is my second stage approval?
Thanks!