Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
Hi Ryan,

Did you get an answer for this? If not, they are advising not to leave the country, because at the port of entry(back)if you are refused by the officers to enter to the country your whole application will be canceled. So think million times before make that decision. :) my 2 cents.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Lol @ Steve jobs.

Michael, what city are you in? My hubby was approved on March 4 and we have not received any letters yet. We are in Toronto. I don't think you will get all the letters on the same day.

On our ecas we have 2 addresses on file. One is out home address and the other is the address of our immigration consultant. On ecas it says that a letter has been sent to my immigration consultants office. Do you think that they send the letters to both addresses?

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
Berber_amazigh said:
Hi
I know how hard it is when you are not working!
in my opinion you can just wait until you get AIP then apply for OWP online which is faster!
Good luck
I know right? I think I will wait for everything, when you are working $150 isn't a lot but to a young couple that needs both income's to run the household it get's a bit tricky! I hope I won't need to apply for the work permit at all!! Fingers crossed!!

Dominican22

Jun 23, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-12-2011
Med's Done....
23-11-2010
Hey guys. Just letting you know I got my PR Card in the mail today!! :p ;D Sp Excited! Coming back home to visit next week!!! Cant believe I'm finally done!!! Good luck to you all!! ;)

threa

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
karma123 said:
Thank you so much Gemauru for answer me so fast.

In that case I will add my study permit which is over and the letter they sent me about my app of work permit and a passport photocopy.

I think I have to send it to Ottawa, isn't it? Or I can send it to my regional office in Québec? I'm reading this link but I don't understand very well http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp.

Thank you so much Gemauru
and good luck tomorrow, I know you are almost over and everything is gonna be fine!!! :)
Hi there. When I requested FOSS notes (I'm the one being sponsored) I sent one by fax and the other one by email. I received both almost at the same time (a month after).

I used the same form from the link you provided:

(if your the one being sponsored)

SECTION A
*You don't have to write anyting on the "Requester's Reference Number"
*Provide your family name, given name & date of birth and check the consent included
*Check the Privacy Act (not the access to info act)
*I wish to examine the info (cehck as is)
*In what form would you like the info (check whatever your preference is, it wont slow down your application if you request for a hard copy)

SECTION B
*check FOSS (information in Canada)". (Normally, it is not recommended to order "IN CANADA FILE (FOSS included)" since this requires that the paper file is taken out of storage and may affect processing times of your application.
*Provide your client ID number on the opposite side
*Fill out SECTION D and sign it

Requests for FOSS notes for in Canada applications can be sent either to CPC Vegreville, or to the nearest local CIC office, since FOSS is computerised and all CIC offices have access to the system.

And fill out this form for the sponsor: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Forms may be emailed to atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca
or fax to 780-603-2693

Somebody correct me if I provided wrong info here :)

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
Just a very important question that I have been asking myself... When I was filling the application in the general application form, question 4 they ask me the processing centre... I'm from Brazil but I was living in Canada for over a year with my work permit at that time, and it said that if you have lived here for over a year you could apply through Buffalo and a few others... My question is, did I do it wrong? Should I have put Vegreville? I'm a bit confused and I hope it doesn't delay my application.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cililoca said:
Just a very important question that I have been asking myself... When I was filling the application in the general application form, question 4 they ask me the processing centre... I'm from Brazil but I was living in Canada for over a year with my work permit at that time, and it said that if you have lived here for over a year you could apply through Buffalo and a few others... My question is, did I do it wrong? Should I have put Vegreville? I'm a bit confused and I hope it doesn't delay my application.
Did you apply inland? If so, your application would be processed inland (and I'd expect them to ignore your request to have it processed in Buffalo in that case). If you applied outland, then you're posting in the wrong thread, but your application would go to Mississauga first and then they would forward it to Buffalo.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
My application was INLAND and I sent the package to Vegreville, so I hope they will just ignore it. I wasn't really sure.

Michaelzheng

Mar 13, 2012
Hello angtao,

I live in Montreal. I think CIC will only send the confirmation letter to the mailing address on file, not two. You may receive very soon or may have already received the AIP letter, did you check with your immigration consultant? Did your ecas state when they send the letter?

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
threa said:
Hi there. When I requested FOSS notes (I'm the one being sponsored) I sent one by fax and the other one by email. I received both almost at the same time (a month after).

I used the same form from the link you provided:

(if your the one being sponsored)

SECTION A
*You don't have to write anyting on the "Requester's Reference Number"
*Provide your family name, given name & date of birth and check the consent included
*Check the Privacy Act (not the access to info act)
*I wish to examine the info (cehck as is)
*In what form would you like the info (check whatever your preference is, it wont slow down your application if you request for a hard copy)

SECTION B
*check FOSS (information in Canada)". (Normally, it is not recommended to order "IN CANADA FILE (FOSS included)" since this requires that the paper file is taken out of storage and may affect processing times of your application.
*Provide your client ID number on the opposite side
*Fill out SECTION D and sign it

Requests for FOSS notes for in Canada applications can be sent either to CPC Vegreville, or to the nearest local CIC office, since FOSS is computerised and all CIC offices have access to the system.

And fill out this form for the sponsor: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Forms may be emailed to atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca
or fax to 780-603-2693

Somebody correct me if I provided wrong info here :)
Thank you so much Threa for all the information, Today I sent it by post canada to Ottawa, and I just sent a mail to the email you gave me. Thank you so much, I hope to get more info about my file in this way.

God bless you!

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SL1980 said:
Hey, did you hear anything from them? I did my medicals Feb 2011. All the best.
Last time i called was 2 weeks ago, they said i wont hear anything until May, im sure people in the call centre dont know much what is happening in the office. I did my medicals end of March 2011, CIC said they got it on April 15, 2011. Do let us know once you hear some news, hopefully it will be very very soon!

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SL1980 said:
Hi Ryan,

Did you get an answer for this? If not, they are advising not to leave the country, because at the port of entry(back)if you are refused by the officers to enter to the country your whole application will be canceled. So think million times before make that decision. :) my 2 cents.
Thanks for the input, yeah i'm planning not to leave the country until landing, i don't want to risk the whole thing and start all over again.

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
ryan_stw said:
Last time i called was 2 weeks ago, they said i wont hear anything until May, im sure people in the call centre dont know much what is happening in the office. I did my medicals end of March 2011, CIC said they got it on April 15, 2011. Do let us know once you hear some news, hopefully it will be very very soon!
Hi, yes I hope so too. But I think you will hear something from them with-thin April, as they have speed up the process. I cant check if they have received my medicals. How could I check that? If you don't mind telling me..

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SL1980 said:
Hi, yes I hope so too. But I think you will hear something from them with-thin April, as they have speed up the process. I cant check if they have received my medicals. How could I check that? If you don't mind telling me..
I asked the call centre agent a few months ago when i called, i asked them if they have received my medicals, that i did it prior to submitting my application and i just wanna make sure they got it. Try to ask a specific question to them, chances are they will open your file in their computer and reveal a few info.

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
ryan_stw said:
I asked the call centre agent a few months ago when i called, i asked them if they have received my medicals, that i did it prior to submitting my application and i just wanna make sure they got it. Try to ask a specific question to them, chances are they will open your file in their computer and reveal a few info.
Ok cool. Thanks so much for the infor. I can't check my process in e-cas yet. May be not updated yet.