File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
missha said:
Umm,

I have been thinking about it. Country of origin means which country you born in? As some people raised in difference countries but born in different?
Citizenship ??? (or last permanent residency) I am sure there is a connection, but never anybody proved it.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
It requires to give true info but still also requires to keep privacy and transparency enough on internet, I wouldn't give the original country info if I were asked. Thus, if you add that info, please just leave an option for N/A. Thanks.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
missha said:
Umm,

I have been thinking about it. Country of origin means which country you born in? As some people raised in difference countries but born in different?
Well I was thinking along the lines of what country you currently hold a passport for. I know people are born and live in different countries. Not sure if that is what other people meant too.

iamxiaogua

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Feb 3, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 30, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 14, 2012
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
Jun 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 16, 2012
LANDED..........
Jul 25, 2012
we cant change our nationalities even if that does make a difference, i see no point adding this column.

Canadagirl85 said:
Well I was thinking along the lines of what country you currently hold a passport for. I know people are born and live in different countries. Not sure if that is what other people meant too.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
iamxiaogua said:
we cant change our nationalities even if that does make a difference, i see no point adding this column.
Good point about not being able to change it, never thought of it like that. :D I guess everyone is just curious if it takes longer from one country to the next in regards to back checks and being able to access that information easily.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
U know guys, I have had this question a long time ago but I have come to conclusion that with inland applications, CIC are pretty standard. Most of people are either coming from US or UK for inland.

I am still confused and would like more input from people but I have been thinking that if you are ok, you can use a flag with your screen nick name instead of adding column.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
I do not think that the country of origin has anything to do with the time they take to process an application... all has to do with a person... variables such as : age, children, lenght of the relationship, family background (divorced twice, three times, etc), for those who are from provinces where financial is a criteria, etc... by putting the flag is the same thing that putting the name of the country of origin... or the samething if we all decide to put our names... confidentiality is precious... that's my opinion.

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Didn't really cross my mind that putting a flag with your screen name would be an issue with confidentiality. In my opinion it's not a big deal, considering we are giving away our timelines, personal stories relating to immigration etc. But if most people here on the forum agree that CIC is consistent with processing times regardless of country of origins then its pretty much pointless.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
Excuse me guys.. For those who got first and second stage approval at the same time, did you guys have paid the RPRF ( Right of Permanent Resident Fee ) in advance together with the application fees,, Thanks !!!

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
never :)
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
Sorry to bother you with this country of origin stuff (citizenship) I did not know is it a secret for some of you. If somebody ask where was I from I answered. Although recently I am not proud of it. I am Hungarian. And I know from www.trackitt.com that Western European get there PR earlier then Eastern European (inland process). I think there is other relations. I am sure if you are from the USA you can get your PR quicker. That is fact not guess, check trackitt.com ....

You Guys tell that if nothing wrong you got the 1. & 2. stages approved together. I had and have status, my spouse is permanent resident (his citizenship appl. under process) He has a well-paid job, we have been living in the same place since 2009. Nothing wrong. I got only 1. stage approval. I know why. They do not want me to loose my status.....

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
Does anyone know what they exactly check in the second stage? it just says medical, security and background on the website, but how do they give you the first stage approval if any of the above has problems. I'm just curious.

and I agree with hakri, i'm from China, i thought maybe that's why they need to triple check my case. the rejection rate of the family sponsorship application in Hong Kong is 51%, that means over half of the people applied and submitted their case to Canadian consulate in Hong Kong will be rejected. submitting to the Canadian embassy in Beijing is slightly better and is way faster, takes about 5 months only, but only people living in some areas can submit to the embassy. that's why we decided to apply inland because when we applied, i was 5 months pregnant and we don't want to risk going back to China and not being able to come back and see my husband's family.

I also assume that american citizens would get 1st and 2nd stage approved together, because it would be crazy for them to try to stay in canada illegally :D but from the forum, it doesn't seem to be the case.

I seriously don't know their standard in processing, that's why i submitted as much material as we can collect and as detailed as possible, i don't want to get them any excuse to doubt us. and the worst case scenario is they ask us to do a DNA test of our baby, which i think is an insult, period. but what can we do? it's their game and we have to play by their rules. sigh....

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
visita44 said:
Excuse me guys.. For those who got first and second stage approval at the same time, did you guys have paid the RPRF ( Right of Permanent Resident Fee ) in advance together with the application fees,, Thanks !!!
I'm curious about this as well.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
tzing said:
Does anyone know what they exactly check in the second stage? it just says medical, security and background on the website, but how do theyn't want to get them any excuse to doubt us. and the worst case scenario is they ask us to do a DNA test of our baby, which i think is an insult, period. but what can we do? it's their game and we have to play by their rules. sigh....

Please, no need to AlogizE.or give expAnationS... Nothing wrong with it... It was my opinion... And because I have closed people who worKs At CIC... I can say that the country of orgin does not play a role in the decision making or better say..on the length of thr proceSs... It all depends on your personnel situation... Your age Difference, do you have children from previous relationS? Their age, the ex consentment, police clearance... Did you stayed in a country x more than 6 months? Police clearance for that country... Do you have prrof of your relations? You forgot to pay ur initial feeS? Forgot some proof such as passport copy, marriage certificates... You applied before for refugee status and now you are applying for marriage or family Sponsorship, etc... The country has nothing to do because you are applying inland... That's all... The confidiantlity is important because I don't know you guys but sometimes we complain about CIC and there is always the possibility that someone reads our threat...maybe I'm paranoic... That s all... If I sounded bossy or mad it was not intended ..ok :)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
canadiancitizen said:
Please, no need to AlogizE.or give expAnationS... Nothing wrong with it... It was my opinion... And because I have closed people who worKs At CIC... I can say that the country of orgin does not play a role in the decision making or better say..on the length of thr proceSs... It all depends on your personnel situation... Your age Difference, do you have children from previous relationS? Their age, the ex consentment, police clearance... Did you stayed in a country x more than 6 months? Police clearance for that country... Do you have prrof of your relations? You forgot to pay ur initial feeS? Forgot some proof such as passport copy, marriage certificates... You applied before for refugee status and now you are applying for marriage or family Sponsorship, etc... The country has nothing to do because you are applying inland... That's all... The confidiantlity is important because I don't know you guys but sometimes we complain about CIC and there is always the possibility that someone reads our threat...maybe I'm paranoic... That s all... If I sounded bossy or mad it was not intended ..ok :)
I second Canadian Citizen.

How about if I add a column and let it optional. Whoever wants can tell me, else i will leave it blank. ?? Does that make a deal?

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Thanks Missha for the big help :-*. I know that people have their right to give the info or not. It's not mandatory at all.
So basically, all the info in the current chart is the same, some people just didn't mind to give more info.
We've observed a lot of inlanders so far and the truth that original country doesn't make any difference.
You can still put the original country column into the chart if many people are curious about that.
However, I wish no one would ask to give that info in case it is missing. In that case, please think that people just don't want to give.
Privacy is highest concern to me whenever I join any online communities, not only here. I'm proud of my country but I just don't want to give it.

HAPPY FAMILY'S DAY guys. Being with family is the most beautiful thing we inlanders can enjoy.