+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

wery

Aug 31, 2011
visita44 said:
You have to reach certain number of posts to be able to use personal messaging... I just don't know how many posts... Anybody?
Thanks visita, I'm going to have to post more messages then :)

In case anyone is wondering and because I am next in the list, I just checked ECAS and no updates yet...

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
waitingitout said:
Hi! So I mentioned a few pages back that I haven't been able to log into the eCas using our official receipt number, so you guys recommended I discover my client id number ... I just heard back from my lawyer and according to him, I don't have one. Is this normal, not having a client id number? (According to the official receipt, they received my application in late May 2011). He says he'll get me other info so that I can log into eCas, but I'm a bit worried... :-[
Hi, if I was you, I would call CIC asking for an ID number, Im the sponsor and I do have one since July 2011... our appplication was filed in May 2011 as well... calll CIC :)

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
I had no idea that both the sponsor and the applicant can check status on ecas? I have only been checking my husband's (applicant) so far. I will be calling CIC today. Which of the two get updated more, the sponsor's or applicant's ecas?

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
has anyone here receive a decision concerning their inland application in like 12 months or less? the processing time on CIC website is higher that 12 months for the sponsor approval and the security checks. i am just wondering if someone could receive a decision earlier than that regardless of the normal processing time that i stated on CIC website

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
humble01 said:
has anyone here receive a decision concerning their inland application in like 12 months or less? the processing time on CIC website is higher that 12 months for the sponsor approval and the security checks. i am just wondering if someone could receive a decision earlier than that regardless of the normal processing time that i stated on CIC website
From what we can see on the inland tracking sheet, people here are getting their decisions in 12 months or less. Seems like the official times (especially for the second stage) are probably applied to the most extreme and difficult cases. But nobody will tell you this at CIC: that's why we have this wonderful forum which lets us know the ACTUAL times...

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
They seem to approve a number of applications and then nothing for a few weeks.
Before Xmas there was a flury of activity, then nothing. Lets hope that this is
the stream lining that they talk about in the news, and we all get our PR's quickly.
Have a great evening.

peanutbrittle

Jan 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Thanks for your input 604gtir (and congrats!!!). I spoke to a CIC agent this morning. She told me not to re-do medicals or police records unless they are requested by CIC. She stated there is a chance that they will "extend" the validity of my medicals/police records, since I haven't been outside of the country in the time since I obtained both. My issue is, in the event that they do request new medicals/police records, I don't want to delay the whole process by having to wait another 4 months for police records, like I did last time. I want to be pro-active, rather than reactive (like someone else said in a previous post). I just know I'd kick myself if they requested new medicals/police records and I could have done it ahead of time. :)

lisow

May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 12, 2011
waitingitout said:
Hi! So I mentioned a few pages back that I haven't been able to log into the eCas using our official receipt number, so you guys recommended I discover my client id number ... I just heard back from my lawyer and according to him, I don't have one. Is this normal, not having a client id number? (According to the official receipt, they received my application in late May 2011). He says he'll get me other info so that I can log into eCas, but I'm a bit worried... :-[
Ya, I got no useful information from my lawyer either... In the end, I got frustrated and called CIC myself.

It was no hassle at all to do, and only took about 15 minutes total for the call. The CIC agent sorted me out with my ID number without any issue, and that worked right away with E-Cas.

I'm sure your E-Cas account exists, it's just a matter of getting the Client ID from the CIC :)

peanutbrittle

Jan 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
missha - Thanks for adding me to the chart! I noticed that my App. Received date was the wrong date. Could you change it to October 31, 2011? Thank you!!! :)

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
I posted a message a few pages back about not being able to log into ECAS.. it finally works so this is what we have:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 31, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 10, 2011.

I have a question regarding medical and police checks. We didnt send medical nor police checks with our application because our lawyer said they would expire, and he would send them afterwards. I now regret this but we just did what he said. How do we obtain a police certificate. My husband lived in Portugal, and has been here for 2 years on a work permit. Does he need police check for both Portugal and Canada? I saw somewhere that if living in Canada they will request if needed. Is this correct?

As for the medical results, lawyer said he wasn't sure if my husband would need it because he did tests to get his work permit. Does anyone know if this is true, even though they expire in 6 months.?

I'm so confused. yikes!

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Missha, I disagree with you for the reason why you should not update your address. I read a related immigration news, that is, CIC is hiring a bunch of people to investigate about 4000 PR cardholders who they previously approved because they suspected these people used fake addresses while they were applying for their pr. From my point of view, I don't think Canada will spend that much money on hiring people to check at your door but if I were you, I would let them know. As a matter of fact, I did informed CIC after I moved into a new place recently. Also, there must be a reason why we have the option to change our address on e-cas. Cheers!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
ilovecanada4ever said:
Missha, I disagree with you for the reason why you should not update your address. I read a related immigration news, that is, CIC is hiring a bunch of people to investigate about 4000 PR cardholders who they previously approved because they suspected these people used fake addresses while they were applying for their pr. From my point of view, I don't think Canada will spend that much money on hiring people to check at your door but if I were you, I would let them know. As a matter of fact, I did informed CIC after I moved into a new place recently. Also, there must be a reason why we have the option to change our address on e-cas. Cheers!
Thanks for your suggestion. I would more than welcome CIC when they knock my door. I am a law abiding person :) Trust me I am not playing with immigration. I know my grounds. :)

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
wery said:
Thanks visita, I'm going to have to post more messages then :)

In case anyone is wondering and because I am next in the list, I just checked ECAS and no updates yet...
I think you need to have 10 posts after which you can send personal messages. All the best Wery hope you hear good news really soon. You must be logging into ecas every hour ;) Keep us updated!

finebaby

Dec 19, 2011
Big congrats to everyone that got good news recently..... God help us as we keep waiting. i am keeping myself busy with lots of volunteer jobs. At least it takes my mind out of the process. i go out everyday and come back, having gist for my husband, having Canadian work experience and meeting people. I DON'T WANT THIS PROCESS TO GET TO ME AGAIN AS IT DID LAST YEAR
if you are idle at home, try make the best of this opportunity , it will help you esp. on ur resume during job hunting.
My wedding anniversary is on Sunday 29th... and i am so excited. we are secretly making plans to surprise each other and i cant wait to see what my husband has bn up to.
I wanna wish everyone a wonderful weekend and the strength to go through this process.
We all shld Remember that at the end of every tunnel, there is a bright light!

newCanuck

Jun 24, 2011
Richmond, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
update: On Jan 24 rec'd letter from CIC to go to the Vancouver office for the PR confirmation on Jan 30 and to pay the 490 Right to PR fee and have 2 photos.