Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Midcityjohn said:
Angus, all I wrote on the envelope was the address to the work permit department provided in the application guide. I have read posts detailing other addresses and things to write on the OWP envelope. But I could not see anything to back up such claims. I just followed the instructions and hoped for the best.
I sent my OWP application a week after they received my PR application and I also sent it to the work permit department with a note asking them to match it with my PR application on my envelope too!

Guess what? I received a letter today telling me that No action is being taken to process my request because OWP will be considered at the same time as my PR application is accepted. I was puzzled, I think I should have sent my OWP application to the same address as where I sent my PR application ::)

Congracts on getting your OWP! I am so happy for you! You can fly now~

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
working on applications received on December 19, 2010

... again they are working on applications received on a Sunday. I think they just pick a random date and go with it - lol

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Angus said:
working on applications received on December 19, 2010

... again they are working on applications received on a Sunday. I think they just pick a random date and go with it - lol
how many day jump is that ?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
6 day jump. Can't wait to get December over with.

Angus, I don't get the Sunday thing either. I know they do not work on Sundays. Why put that date?

There is only one more person left in Decmber from the 2010 thread. Hopefully we will see a big jump next week.

Let's get January's show on the road!

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
karma123 said:
Hello! I would like to make a question please, What should I do if i want to send more information to my file, because I think I didn't send enough photos of our relationship, so I would like to add a hundred of them... But i don't know how, because I read somewhere that they put the letter in the cover of the envelope with the name of both sponsor and sponsored and both client numbers... in addition of the phrase PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP, so in this way CIC added the information sooner that in other cases. Is this the correct form??? Please can someone help me??

And my other question is if each photo must be accompanied of an explanation of places, dates and people who is in the photo or just places and people...or just send the photos. ???

I will appreciate your help very much.

Thank you.

I did the same thing, its no problem. Just make sure you send a cover letter which indicates your file number, UCI/Client ID, also your name and sponsors name date of births etc.and just tell them to add it to your application.

In terms of the photos just tell them like who's in it, where and when and what occasion, if it's photos with too many people , then just say various guests etc.. that is what I did.

zoesmom

Dec 6, 2011
ilovecanada4ever said:
zoesmom who applied in June 2011, received OWP today. Let's welcome zoesmom when she comes into our room! :D
Thanks! Hi everyone!
Wow, lots of posts here.
We sent in our app in June 2011 and last Friday got the working permit in the mail and today got the visa extension in the mail so now just wait on the rehab app and the PR. I'm guessing the rehab app will slow things down a bit but am so happy to get the work permit, that will make the wait more bearable...

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
AAL1984 said:
I did the same thing, its no problem. Just make sure you send a cover letter which indicates your file number, UCI/Client ID, also your name and sponsors name date of births etc.and just tell them to add it to your application.

In terms of the photos just tell them like who's in it, where and when and what occasion, if it's photos with too many people , then just say various guests etc.. that is what I did.
Thank you so much for your information, so I need to put all my personal information in a letter that covers the envelope.. And I have another question, by doing it CIC will add these photos sooner than in other cases, because in September I sent my certificates of police but I put the letter inside the envelope, so the last time I called CIC (last week) they told me that it must be added in two months. :S
And I need to add it before the end of January because by that time they should be working on my file.... at least that's what I hope!!!

Thank you so much for your help.

I will send it Friday by priority sending, i don't want to lose more time!

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilovecanada4ever said:
I sent my OWP application a week after they received my PR application and I also sent it to the work permit department with a note asking them to match it with my PR application on my envelope too!

Guess what? I received a letter today telling me that No action is being taken to process my request because OWP will be considered at the same time as my PR application is accepted. I was puzzled, I think I should have sent my OWP application to the same address as where I sent my PR application ::)

Congracts on getting your OWP! I am so happy for you! You can fly now~
That's because you have to submit the OWP app with the PR app(same address/time) or wait till AIP comes in the mail. Then mail the OWP app to work permit department. No action was taken because you were not AIP yet.

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
angtao said:
6 day jump. Can't wait to get December over with.

Angus, I don't get the Sunday thing either. I know they do not work on Sundays. Why put that date?

There is only one more person left in Decmber from the 2010 thread. Hopefully we will see a big jump next week.

Let's get January's show on the road!
I hope that too!!!

hardworker

Apr 12, 2010
Hi there! I am filling up an Inland application right now and was wondering what to put in the 'Generic Application From for Canada' on question 4: Immigration office requested for processing this application

do I put my home country's immi office or vegreville?

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
zoesmom said:
Thanks! Hi everyone!
Wow, lots of posts here.
We sent in our app in June 2011 and last Friday got the working permit in the mail and today got the visa extension in the mail so now just wait on the rehab app and the PR. I'm guessing the rehab app will slow things down a bit but am so happy to get the work permit, that will make the wait more bearable...
Congratulations!!! :) That's a really good new.

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
canadiancitizen said:
Weerth... My answer will be the same as Angtao.... who other than Custom or Police could check the stamp on your passport? When my hubby open his bank account the Bank Officer open his passport to take the ID number only... and as the CIC phone Agent told my hubby... the moment you have an ID with CIC you will be ok... Police have access to the CIC system... ok
Thanks canadiancitizen and angtao, I got it. If they have access to the CIC system it´s all ok (I just wonder if they have this level of detail like "sent the OWP with the application"). I don´t know who else could ask to check it (I´m always showing my passport in concerts, games AND to get my volunteer job I had to prove legal status), perhaps the same people that would do it if I hadn´t sent a OWP request with the main application. I just don´t want to leave any gaps to the process.

Thanks again.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
weerth said:
Thanks canadiancitizen and angtao, I got it. If they have access to the CIC system it´s all ok (I just wonder if they have this level of detail like "sent the OWP with the application"). I don´t know who else could ask to check it (I´m always showing my passport in concerts, games AND to get my volunteer job I had to prove legal status), perhaps the same people that would do it if I hadn´t sent a OWP request with the main application. I just don´t want to leave any gaps to the process.

Thanks again.
Call CIC, until you get a phone agent does knows how to respond to your question, my hubby asked and they told him that they received his medicals, and OWP application... just keep on calling... please

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
I may actually just blow a gasket. After all the July AIPs I decided to call the CIC Call Centre. I waited for my wife to have a day off work and called together so we could get all the info, including her client id number, etc. This is what I got...

My Permanent Residency application is "in process" but there is no record on my wife in the system. Which apparently means they haven't even begun to process her sponsorship application. Great! That's what I like to hear......

It's been 9 months....

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
greyghost said:
I may actually just blow a gasket. After all the July AIPs I decided to call the CIC Call Centre. I waited for my wife to have a day off work and called together so we could get all the info, including her client id number, etc. This is what I got...

My Permanent Residency application is "in process" but there is no record on my wife in the system. Which apparently means they haven't even begun to process her sponsorship application. Great! That's what I like to hear......

It's been 9 months....
Hey:D
What do you mean all the July AIPs... if i understand your comment properly, everyone who sent in their application in July already got AIP.... If so im pretty pissed off.. this whole experence has been super hard and put ALOT of strain on me and my wfies relationship! Thank god our love is strong and held us together... I agree with you its been 9 months.. whats going on !!!!!