+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

ThaiThai

Jul 3, 2013
Hi everyone!
Hope you're doing well.

Vegreville received my application on Dec 28, 2011 and started to process on Sep 18, 2012, which is the date of my AIP letter.
However, I did make a mistake and I send 2 out of the 3 police certificates later on the process. They request the certificates on my AIP letter.

My process is already past the average time and I believe the missing certificates could have slowed down my case.

Even thought there is a note on the CIC website asking you to call them if the process is taking longer than the showed time, when you call they say the note is just a routine and nothing can be done. Most of the time the guys at CIC call center seem to be robots, but I was lucky enough to talk to an agent who was very helpful and sympathetic to my case. He looked into my files and told me they had all my documentation, including the police certificates, and everything seemed to be fine. The fact that I wasn't contacted by CIC anymore is a good sign and they should be close to reach a final decision.

At this point I am almost positive there isn't much I could do about the process itself, but I decide to share my story because I can do use some moral support and be helpful to people out there in the same situation.

I was wondering what's the longest time they would keep an application before taking a decision and I am curious to hear from you about how you're preparing yourself to start your new life as soon as you receive your papers.
I am in Quebec so I am studying French and I feel I need to go back to study to have a real chance of having an opportunity to work on my formation field. Next step for me before I have the papers is to translate my studies documentation and do my equivalency of studies which I am not sure it can be done before.

I am happy to read that some of you already got your landing letters. Congratulations! And for who is still waiting, keep strong!

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
TodAy i got letter from Scarborough office sking for the permanence right residence fee before book mejor the interview ... They said to pay it before 7 days I paid today and I sent he fax to the number they told me with the photocopy of my passport with the page of the last entry in canada and the first entry

BLT123

Oct 1, 2012
ThaiThai said:
Hi everyone!
Hope you're doing well.

Vegreville received my application on Dec 28, 2011 and started to process on Sep 18, 2012, which is the date of my AIP letter.
However, I did make a mistake and I send 2 out of the 3 police certificates later on the process. They request the certificates on my AIP letter.

My process is already past the average time and I believe the missing certificates could have slowed down my case.

Even thought there is a note on the CIC website asking you to call them if the process is taking longer than the showed time, when you call they say the note is just a routine and nothing can be done. Most of the time the guys at CIC call center seem to be robots, but I was lucky enough to talk to an agent who was very helpful and sympathetic to my case. He looked into my files and told me they had all my documentation, including the police certificates, and everything seemed to be fine. The fact that I wasn't contacted by CIC anymore is a good sign and they should be close to reach a final decision.

At this point I am almost positive there isn't much I could do about the process itself, but I decide to share my story because I can do use some moral support and be helpful to people out there in the same situation.

I was wondering what's the longest time they would keep an application before taking a decision and I am curious to hear from you about how you're preparing yourself to start your new life as soon as you receive your papers.
I am in Quebec so I am studying French and I feel I need to go back to study to have a real chance of having an opportunity to work on my formation field. Next step for me before I have the papers is to translate my studies documentation and do my equivalency of studies which I am not sure it can be done before.

I am happy to read that some of you already got your landing letters. Congratulations! And for who is still waiting, keep strong!
Hi ThaiThai,

Our cases are almost exactly identical. App submitted Dec 20, 2011 -- AIP/OWP With Police Cert request Sept 12, 2012. Each time I call the agents say our file looks fine and they don't need anything else. We are now several weeks beyond the normal processing time. I am just hoping for this to end soon. ??? I'm not sure contacting our MP's office will help at this point. Other than being patient I'm not sure what to do.....

ViviTaylor

Dec 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for permanent residence on July 20, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 12, 2011.

We received the requested information on January 6, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

May 28, 2013, I received a letter from CIC asking me to re do my medical examination because they said it's expired. Then I finished it and the doctor office sent out the result on June 10, 2013.

It has been two years since I submitted my application. I wonder, when will it be an end?
I am so tiring of waiting for it.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
congrats Vivi this is a good sign that they asked you to redo your medicals...you will get DM pretty soon :D
P.S. Another thing could be as computergeek mentioned in another thread that there could be something else remaining to process otherwise they would have extended your medical. So, stay strong you will get DM soon:D

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Guys i have a question if some can reply it will be helpfull

How long does it take to receive your open permit and your aip letter after its been approved???like the days it take to reach u??
if your online status say 1st this month when can u expect to get it???

Thanks

QE2Guy01

Aug 27, 2012
Hello again everyone,

On June 19 2013 my spouse recieved stage 1 approval and a work permit. Today I recieved another email from CIC which reads as follows:

We received A.D's application for permanent residence on October 12, 2011.

We started processing A.D's application on June 19, 2013.

A decision has been made on A.D's application. The office will contact A.D concerning this decision.

I am hoping and assuming that this is also approval of stage 2 as it would not really make any sense to get approval on stage 1 and a work permit and then 3 weeks later decide to issue a refusal?. What do you think?.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
congratz 99.99% u have been approved for stage 2 ;D

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
QE2Guy01 said:
Hello again everyone,

On June 19 2013 my spouse recieved stage 1 approval and a work permit. Today I recieved another email from CIC which reads as follows:

We received A.D's application for permanent residence on October 12, 2011.

We started processing A.D's application on June 19, 2013.

A decision has been made on A.D's application. The office will contact A.D concerning this decision.

I am hoping and assuming that this is also approval of stage 2 as it would not really make any sense to get approval on stage 1 and a work permit and then 3 weeks later decide to issue a refusal?. What do you think?.
If it were a refusal, you would have heard something BEFORE the refusal. A decision without any indication of problem means the application has been granted. This is inherent in the system of fairness that requires the applicant be given the opportunity to respond to any concerns the officer has before a decision is made.

ViviTaylor

Dec 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guri3577 said:
congrats Vivi this is a good sign that they asked you to redo your medicals...you will get DM pretty soon :D
P.S. Another thing could be as computergeek mentioned in another thread that there could be something else remaining to process otherwise they would have extended your medical. So, stay strong you will get DM soon:D
Thank you for your encouragement!
I do hope the case is going to be done soon.
Yup, half year ago they told me they could extend my medical, that's why the ecase says that my medical result has been received.
But later on last month they asked me to redo it, don't get it why, just hoping it's a good sign.

QE2Guy01

Aug 27, 2012
Hello Computergeek and many thanks for your encouragement, insightfulness and very helpful suggestions and advice!. It seems almost unreal that in a 3 week period after 22 months suddenly decisions have been made on both stages 1 and 2. I was feeling nervous when we received word regarding stage 1 and now I find myself feeling even more apprehensive concerning the decision on stage 2. I presume that another letter will be sent out and then we will see and know exactly what is happening...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi Everyone,

Is anyone maintaining a timesheet for 2011 inland applicants? Could someone provide a link so I can take a look at how the 2011 inland applicants are doing. Someone mentioned that 99.99% of inland 2011 applicants has gotten AIP. So it seems that there is a timesheet somewhere. I have been maintaining the 2012 inland timesheet and would like to compare between 2011 and 2012.

Thanks,

Screech339

ThaiThai

Jul 3, 2013
BLT123 said:
Hi ThaiThai,

Our cases are almost exactly identical. App submitted Dec 20, 2011 -- AIP/OWP With Police Cert request Sept 12, 2012. Each time I call the agents say our file looks fine and they don't need anything else. We are now several weeks beyond the normal processing time. I am just hoping for this to end soon. ??? I'm not sure contacting our MP's office will help at this point. Other than being patient I'm not sure what to do.....
Hi everyone and BLT!

Goods news. I just got this letter today:

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in MONTREAL will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents."

Not sure what the next step is, but I guess is the interview. Am I right?
When you guys say you landed, did you need to go out of Canada and come back? How does it works?

Hope you all are doing well.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi everyone,

I rang to the call centre today and they told me that the time limit for Vancouver office has changed and now it's 5 months for the landing interview since your final decision has been made for stage 2. In my case two months has passed and I am waiting for the letter so I need to extend my work permit once more. Now again wait for landing interview. Its been around two years so seems like till I get my pr it would be 2.5 years.

Naz

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
I was asked to redo my medical. This is ridiculous!! The officer from my local office called me to tell me that she could extend my medical but I was asked to redo my medical after a month. I thought after DM, it brings me closer to the end. Who knows?!?