+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Light rays

Feb 3, 2012
Hi there; our ecas just updated to DM after a long wait since AIP.
Would u plz tell me what would be the following steps, supposing that our application got accepted.
How long almost for an interview & is there anything required in the mean time??

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Light rays said:
Hi there; our ecas just updated to DM after a long wait since AIP.
Would u plz tell me what would be the following steps, supposing that our application got accepted.
How long almost for an interview & is there anything required in the mean time??
you have learned many things on this forum by seeing other people info they have shared. so you want people to help you out please share your timelines so we can learn from you as well. You can tell us what took u so long to get dm after aip, when u applied, was there additional documents requested from you...........
THIS GOES TO ALL NEWBIES WHO JUST WANT TO GET A QUICK ANSWERS AND NOT SHARING THEIR OWN TIMES LINES.

Light rays

Feb 3, 2012
Well dear if u just took a minute, u would have noticed that my name & timeline is already on the chart. But anyway I really don't know what took them so long for DM & I still have not received the mail.so there might be a chance it is a refusal. If u have any questions I would be happy to help, just cool down !!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Light rays said:
In between, there was no additional documents requested or anything else !!

your case is really strange. what made u say its a refusal. sometimes things just get lost. u can explore the following:

- either u can cic to find out about dm result whether positive or negative. because even if negative u would still get a letter saying so.

-or you can call and tell them you still havent received you dm letter and if they can forward it again to your address.

your wait time is quite unusual. so call

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
i every one my husband ask me a something today thatt has me thinking so i will like to know if you guys can help on the 14th of june my husband got a letter saying he is eligible to sponser me i also got a letter on the 14th stating that
they acknowledge that i meet the eligility to apply for permanent resident status and i can apply for a work permit or study permit so i know this letter is aip.and on the 15th of june i get a letter asking me to send in a police record from my country in 30 days any way my husband was asking

why did they give me only 30 days to get it from my country
and dose it mean that after my 30 days dose it mean that is when my file will be worked on again

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
vincystress said:
on the 15th of june i get a letter asking me to send in a police record from my country in 30 days any way my husband was asking

and dose it mean that after my 30 days dose it mean that is when my file will be worked on again
They want you to move on their request and not wait. If you cannot get the PCC to them in 30 days, you should send them a letter advising them of same and explaining how long you think it really is going to take. From my experience, CIC deadlines are not hard deadlines - they are more like attempts to get YOU to move quickly on THEIR request.

At this point you're almost done. If you pass the background check and have a clean PCC they would normally complete your application and grand your PR.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
computergeek said:
They want you to move on their request and not wait. If you cannot get the PCC to them in 30 days, you should send them a letter advising them of same and explaining how long you think it really is going to take. From my experience, CIC deadlines are not hard deadlines - they are more like attempts to get YOU to move quickly on THEIR request.

At this point you're almost done. If you pass the background check and have a clean PCC they would normally complete your application and grand your PR.
thank you for the response i already sent it to them they received it on june 28 because i had sent it be for they asked and i also faxed it to my io he had even me his fax number but my husband is trying to match up his best friend case with mine to see if it is a bad thing mine is going so fast
thank you so much for your ans thank u

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
vincystress said:
thank you for the response i already sent it to them they received it on june 28 because i had sent it be for they asked and i also faxed it to my io he had even me his fax number but my husband is trying to match up his best friend case with mine to see if it is a bad thing mine is going so fast
thank you so much for your ans thank u
A bad thing? Most people would be ecstatic to find their application moving along so quickly. At this point, you'll just have to wait until the next time your file comes up for review and if everything is there they'll forward it to a local office and send you the DM notification.

While they post 8 months for 80% of applications, many applications are completed much faster. It's always difficult to compare your results with the results of anyone else because each case's particulars are unique.

Good luck on completing your process - it sounds like you are getting very close to being done.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
vincystress said:
i every one my husband ask me a something today thatt has me thinking so i will like to know if you guys can help on the 14th of june my husband got a letter saying he is eligible to sponser me i also got a letter on the 14th stating that
they acknowledge that i meet the eligility to apply for permanent resident status and i can apply for a work permit or study permit so i know this letter is aip.and on the 15th of june i get a letter asking me to send in a police record from my country in 30 days any way my husband was asking

well first off, if cic request more document form you so that means your application is already delayed by at least 45 days. some people on the forum have been waiting for 3 months or more after sending their police certificate. d.

good luck.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
computergeek said:
A bad thing? Most people would be ecstatic to find their application moving along so quickly. At this point, you'll just have to wait until the next time your file comes up for review and if everything is there they'll forward it to a local office and send you the DM notification.

While they post 8 months for 80% of applications, many applications are completed much faster. It's always difficult to compare your results with the results of anyone else because each case's particulars are unique.

Good luck on completing your process - it sounds like you are getting very close to being done.
thank you very much and my file is already at the local office i had to do an interview

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Im wondering, if those people who have been requesting for PCC, dont they submit it along with the original application coz i submitt mine from my home country and the country i worked before i came here. I just want to know so i could request new one before they ask for recent one.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
xxpazaway said:
Im wondering, if those people who have been requesting for PCC, dont they submit it along with the original application coz i submitt mine from my home country and the country i worked before i came here. I just want to know so i could request new one before they ask for recent one.
They expire after a year generally.

gracie

Mar 30, 2011
Deutschbug said:
@ gracie: applying for a temporary work permit should not be an issue, I've renewed mine when I got a new contract after sending in the PR application together with the OWP application. I'm assuming you already have a work permit when you're on maternity leave right now, so yours would likely be a renewal as well, but even if it's a completely new job, it shouldn't be an issue if you have an LMO.

Thank u for your reply Deutschbug :) I am trying to look for the forms for the extension, is it still the same form? because when i clicked within canada application for work permit it shows Application for work permit made outside canada! im wondering if you used the old form? please reply and thank you :)

Neeni

Mar 20, 2012
Hello,
Just to help keep the timeline up to date, we received AIP on June 25th.
Sorry it took me so long to post -_-;
We were moved to stage 2 on the same day, as my common-law partner and I both received separate letters dated June 25th. My letter stated I was approved as a sponsor (yay!), and his said they are now processing him for PR.

Thank you!
Good luck everyone!