AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
I'm glad to see that almost all Jan 2011 applicants have been approved. It's been almost 2 months now that we submitted our application. The first month went by very quickly because of the holidays, but now it really seems to be dragging on. I had a job interview and I'm in the race for a permanent position- however, as usual my immigration status is an issue and it's not clear yet if the employer can/wants to obtain a LMO. It's very frustrating. I just feel so stuck. I will be one of the last people remaining in this thread, together with vinlander- we're the only two December applicants, but maybe some other people will find us still.

Dorina

Apr 5, 2011
Montreal,Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/31/2011
Interview........
March 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 21, 2012 :)
missha said:
Thanks Dorina :)

Just realized u were not on the list, i have added you though. Let us know when u get to hear something.
From CIC:
We received your application for permanent residence on February 3, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 10, 2011.

:)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
aaah Dorina, i thought you were January applicant.

Guys I was thinking for those you have got OWP or PR have started hunting jobs? I have been thinking for applying for jobs but Montreal needs FRENCH!!!

iamxiaogua

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Feb 3, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 30, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 14, 2012
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
Jun 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 16, 2012
LANDED..........
Jul 25, 2012
I am in the same boat, not having PR is a big disadvantage during job hunt.
I submitted my application in late Nov, maybe a few days before yours?

Deutschbug said:
I'm glad to see that almost all Jan 2011 applicants have been approved. It's been almost 2 months now that we submitted our application. The first month went by very quickly because of the holidays, but now it really seems to be dragging on. I had a job interview and I'm in the race for a permanent position- however, as usual my immigration status is an issue and it's not clear yet if the employer can/wants to obtain a LMO. It's very frustrating. I just feel so stuck. I will be one of the last people remaining in this thread, together with vinlander- we're the only two December applicants, but maybe some other people will find us still.

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey missha,

My ecas says that they received our application on September 20th, 2011 and then that they started processing our application on January 3rd 2012. I'm the sponsor and my fiance's ecas does not state that they've started processing yet, so I'm not sure if that's just the sponsorship?

Also, we're thinking of moving to Montreal soon. I guess it's important that we update our address with CIC as soon as we move because that will affect the landing office? Does it change the process to immigrate to Quebec vs other provices?

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamxiaogua said:
I am in the same boat, not having PR is a big disadvantage during job hunt.
They should really allow applicants to work much earlier while they wait, I think. It's almost like they purposefully put applicants through a hard time to make sure the relationship is strong and the sponsor has the money to support the applicant for a year.

Dorina

Apr 5, 2011
Montreal,Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/31/2011
Interview........
March 21, 2012
LANDED..........
missha said:
aaah Dorina, i thought you were January applicant.

Guys I was thinking for those you have got OWP or PR have started hunting jobs? I have been thinking for applying for jobs but Montreal needs FRENCH!!!

It depends on your field and also where in Montreal you decide to apply. For example: West Island, you will more likely be speaking English at least a decent % of the time. While downtown, it's best to be bilingual. My area is in the East and very francophone so I will most probably not apply for jobs there as I am not comfortable speaking French 100% of the time. Good luck to all who are on the job hunt. Wish you luck. Keep us updated.

wery

Aug 31, 2011
Hi, I am trying to reply to a personal message but I get an error saying that I am not allowed to send personal messages.

Do any of you have the same problem and do you know how to fix it?

Thanks!

PS: By the way, I did not send the RCMP background checks with my application

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
sievo said:
hey missha,

My ecas says that they received our application on September 20th, 2011 and then that they started processing our application on January 3rd 2012. I'm the sponsor and my fiance's ecas does not state that they've started processing yet, so I'm not sure if that's just the sponsorship?

Also, we're thinking of moving to Montreal soon. I guess it's important that we update our address with CIC as soon as we move because that will affect the landing office? Does it change the process to immigrate to Quebec vs other provices?
If they have updated the sponsor's then they should do update the applicant's as well. You should point this out to CIC by calling. They might be some delays from them.

I moved to Montreal as well with my husband but my husband and I didn't change my Ontario residence yet and I am also keeping the same address. I have to go to Ontario to pick up my mails etc which sucks but its worth it. I have realized over a period of time and living in difference places that esp. when your immigration is in process or any other important application relating to your residency, you should not touch it unless its approved. When you change the address, it usually results in delays. Also, In some situation you have no choice but to change the address.

My question to you is that are you going to change your residency to Quebec?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Dorina said:
It depends on your field and also where in Montreal you decide to apply. For example: West Island, you will more likely be speaking English at least a decent % of the time. While downtown, it's best to be bilingual. My area is in the East and very francophone so I will most probably not apply for jobs there as I am not comfortable speaking French 100% of the time. Good luck to all who are on the job hunt. Wish you luck. Keep us updated.
I am in downtown and everything is so walking distance that i do prefer to work in downtown. Even I pass by CIC immigration in downtown everyday (and pray they approve everyone from inland 2011)...which is like 2 mins away... so tempting to save the gas to work :p

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
sievo said:
They should really allow applicants to work much earlier while they wait, I think. It's almost like they purposefully put applicants through a hard time to make sure the relationship is strong and the sponsor has the money to support the applicant for a year.
I think is the other way around according to CIC, meaning, the applicant should be able to suppor himself for a year (during the process)... and once PR is granted, the sponsor is responsable for the applicant for the next 3 years...

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
My question to you is that are you going to change your residency to Quebec?
We are planning on staying in Montreal for the foreseeable future. I'm just wondering because I thought there was a whole different form to fill out for immigrating to quebec, and I guess if we notify CIC it will lead to a big delay (basically restart).

We're in manitoba, but we could get the mail sent to Montreal. Just a question of whether we would have to come back for the landing interview, that could be a problem.

Dorina

Apr 5, 2011
Montreal,Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/31/2011
Interview........
March 21, 2012
LANDED..........
missha said:
I am in downtown and everything is so walking distance that i do prefer to work in downtown. Even I pass by CIC immigration in downtown everyday (and pray they approve everyone from inland 2011)...which is like 2 mins away... so tempting to save the gas to work :p
You are lucky. Pretty much all the jobs in Montreal are at your disposal. I find that living in the East has helped me learn French because of the necessity of it. I hope that pays off during my job hunt.

Dorina

Apr 5, 2011
Montreal,Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/31/2011
Interview........
March 21, 2012
LANDED..........
wery said:
Hi, I am trying to reply to a personal message but I get an error saying that I am not allowed to send personal messages.

Do any of you have the same problem and do you know how to fix it?

Thanks!

PS: By the way, I did not send the RCMP background checks with my application
Just noticed you replied Wery. Thank you very much. I appreciate it :). Good luck and let's hope we hear good news soon.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
sievo said:
We are planning on staying in Montreal for the foreseeable future. I'm just wondering because I thought there was a whole different form to fill out for immigrating to quebec, and I guess if we notify CIC it will lead to a big delay (basically restart).

We're in manitoba, but we could get the mail sent to Montreal. Just a question of whether we would have to come back for the landing interview, that could be a problem.
Yes, you will be asked to land in Manitoba but you could request the landing in Montreal. Look at that point of you receiving the landing letter from CIC, you will be approved in their system. Keep in mind that request for change of landing office might cause some delay in receiving for PR Status/Card. Also, if you have to go back to Manitoba after 11-12 months (as CIC timeline says for approvals, assuming your both stages approved) there is no harm in it.

One of our applicant has filed from Ontario but CIC asked for an interview in Vancouver and upon calling, CIC confirm that he has to go to Vancouver, and he has no choice.

Yes, I am assuming that it will cause the delay but again depends if you're changing your residency as well. If your changing your residency for sure, then you have to get through Quebec. How about if you call CIC and check. Do not mention about your case but just asking as general question.