+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland applicants before aug2018 will be processed after bill 9

ibraheempindi

Dec 10, 2018
I'm not sure fully of the authenticity of this news but is someone else knows about it....

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/b499948d-b6b5-423c-91f1-43d81360b84d__7C___0.html?utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Internal+Share&utm_content=Screen

IMMIGRATION
"BETWEEN 12,000 AND 13,000" FILES THROWN IN THE TRASH
MARTIN CROTEAUPRESS
QUÉBEC - It's finally "between 12,000 and 13,000" immigration applications that will be thrown into the trash by the Legault government, not 18,000 as it was last winter.

In the night from Saturday to Sunday, parliamentarians passed Bill 9, which reforms the immigration system. The legislation provides that newcomers will be selected based on labor market needs rather than on a "first come, first served" basis.

The reform has been hotly contested by the opposition and several experts. The reason is that it ends the study of the 18,000 immigration applications made under the old regime, sometimes several years ago.

These applicants - about 50,000 people - need to start the process again from the beginning through the new Arrima program.

Minister Simon Jolin-Barrette offered a concession during the marathon that preceded the final adoption of the legislative piece. Approximately 3700 applications from people already in Quebec will be processed. Applicants will not have to restart the process at zero.

In recent weeks, the Department has also processed some 2,000 applications, on the orders of the Superior Court.

In the end, Quebec will leave plan "between 12,000 and 13,000" requests rather than 18,000, said the minister yesterday.

"Of the 18,000 records since February, about 2,000 files have been processed," he said. And then we add the 3,700 files, the applicants who were in Quebec at the time of their application. So, we are at about 5700 files that will be processed. "

"If an immigrant is currently working with a temporary work permit and has applied to the regular skilled worker program before August 2, 2018, we will be processing their case," he added.

dhruvraj5

May 15, 2019
Hi, So, that means the inland applicants in the queue will be processed?
I am inland applicant and applied in March 2018 through MonProject application.
Currently in Quebec.

Do we know, if we need to apply again or have to use arrima portal now?
There is no clarity regarding this and nobody (in press/media) mentioned this (processing of the inland applicants) apart from the following mentioned website.
Is it even legit?

ibraheempindi

Dec 10, 2018
That's why i'm asking for ppl here in this forum....the paper seems legit but yes i didn't find that information anywhere else...i guess let's wait a bit and see once the dust settles down.

Aziz Matus

Nov 14, 2018
Hello
I am inland applicant.. I got 2 emails indicating that I have new message in my account but I could not log in due to maintenance. any one got the same emails?

Thanks

ibraheempindi

Dec 10, 2018
same here, but due to maintenance, can't read them...have to wait until tomorrow i guess.
En raison d’un entretien technique, Mon projet Québec sera hors service du 16 au 19 juin 2019.

ENGLISH

Due to a technical interview, My Quebec project will be out of service from June 16 to 19, 2019.

ibraheempindi

Dec 10, 2018
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/news/news-2019/assent-act.html
Royal Assent of the Immigration Act
The Act to increase Québec's socio-economic prosperity and adequately meet labour market needs through successful immigrant integration was assented to on June 16, 2019.

Under this Act, applications for Quebec selection certificates for which no decision had been rendered before the Act was assented to are now closed. In accordance with Article 20 of the Law, the Minister will return the paid required fees to the applicant. The procedure for obtaining this refund will be communicated to the persons concerned shortly.

From now on, the Ministère will use a new system, which allows it, on a priority basis, to invite those who best meet Quebec's needs to file an application for permanent selection.

Under the law, the first ones to be invited via the Arrima platform will be those who applied for a Quebec selection certificate before August 2, 2018, and who:

• were temporarily residing in Québec at the time of their application, in accordance with section 5.01 of the Regulation respecting the selection of foreign nationals or;
  • who were residing in Quebec at the time the law was assented to and who held a study or work permit.
The Minister will invite candidates who have filed an expression of interest (EI) and who meet the conditions set out in the Act to submit an application for permanent selection.

Individuals who still wish to immigrate to Quebec can create an account in Arrima and file an expression of interest at no cost.

ancrag

May 26, 2019
same here, but due to maintenance, can't read them...have to wait until tomorrow i guess.
I am getting access denied message -
monprojetquebec.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca -
Access Denied

Error code 16
This request was blocked by the security rules

ancrag

May 26, 2019
That's why i'm asking for ppl here in this forum....the paper seems legit but yes i didn't find that information anywhere else...i guess let's wait a bit and see once the dust settles down.
Lapress is the most respected and legit news agency in quebec.

ibraheempindi

Dec 10, 2018
Information on your Québec Selection Certificate Application
Hello Miss, Sir,
We inform you that the Act to Enhance Socio-Economic Prosperity
Quebec and to respond adequately to the needs of the labor market through integration
success of immigrants
was sanctioned on June 16, 2019.
Under this law, your application for a Quebec selection certificate is now
closed.
However, as your file indicates that you have submitted an application for
Quebec selection certificate before August 2, 2018 and that:
- you were staying temporarily in Quebec at the time of the presentation of this
request, in accordance with section 5.01 of the Regulation respecting the selection of
foreign nationals
or;
- you were staying in Quebec at the time of the assent of the law and are the holder of a
study or work permit
You will be required, by law, to apply for permanent selection if you
filed a declaration of interest in the new Arrima system before 16
December 2019. The Minister will invite those who meet these conditions to
apply for permanent selection before January 16, 2020.
If you have already filed a declaration of interest in Arrima
The Minister will invite you, from the Expression of Interest Bank, to submit a
permanent selection request (new immigration application). Many
Invitation exercises will take place during the 7 months following the sanction of the law,
until January 16, 2020.
The Department will contact you at the time of your invitation to inform you
the procedure for submitting your application for permanent selection. know
you will not have to pay the fees again at the presentation
your request unless you add a member of your family who was not included in
your previous application.
If you have not filed a declaration of interest in Arrima
If you still want to immigrate permanently to Quebec, and do not have
filed a declaration of interest via stowed , we invite you to do so by following
the indications below.
1. You must create an account in Arrima with the email address associated with your
My Québec project account, enter your last name, first name and date of birth. The
information listed must be exactly the same as the information provided
before.
2. You must then complete and file a declaration of interest form online
within 6 months from the date of the sanction of the law before December 16th
2019. At this stage completely free and which is completed on average in 60
minutes, you will need to enter information about your qualifications and your
work experience. You will also need to register the tests or diplomas of
valid French and English, but not those whose results are more than two
years. You will also need to enter your individual reference number (8 or 9 characters)
which has been assigned to you before.
Following this step, you will have duly completed your declaration of interest.
3. The Minister will invite you, from the bank of expressions of interest, to present
a request for permanent selection (new immigration application). Many
Invitation exercises will take place during the 7 months following the sanction of the law,
until January 16, 2020.
The Ministry will contact you at the time of your invitation in order to
inform of the procedure to follow to complete your selection request
permed. Be aware, however, that you will not have to pay the fees again
due when you submit your application unless you add a member of your
your family that was not included in your previous application.
If you do not want to immigrate to Quebec permanently
If, as of December 16, 2019, you have not filed a declaration of interest in
Arrima, be aware that you will not be able to receive an invitation to submit a
request for permanent selection on the basis of Article 20.1 of the Law. Subsequently,
the fees you paid when you submitted your application
will be reimbursed to you, in accordance with article 20 of the law. the
In due course, you will receive the procedure for obtaining this refund.
For any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us by phone or by
email or check our Frequently asked questions to know the answers to the questions
most frequently asked.
Please accept, Madam / Sir, our best regards

iceaa

Jan 29, 2018
Yup, something I received. So even if you are living and applied from Quebec you still have to apply through Arima portal with the exception that the process might be a little faster - You will get a reply before Jan 17th. 2010.

I personally, gave up on whole Quebec thing due to all recent politics ~ anti-immigrant approach. The only thing I want to know if there is away to speed up the refund instead of waiting until December.

dhruvraj5

May 15, 2019
I received a similar reply and 2 emails/messages from monproject.
We have to re-apply under arrima which I think is unfair as we already waited too long for our application to be processed.
Can we get together atleast the inland applicants (WhatsApp group/email etc) and ask for the clarity from CAQ/Immigration Quebec.
I am still unsure what is our next step.
How would the priority be given to the inland applicants whose applications got rejected due to Bill9 and what are the criteria's? is it same as before (as in MonProject application)?

Aug 6, 2018
Category........
QSW
Hey guys. Text me on Whatsapp i ll be creating a group for you all.
I have same pending csq as inland applicant since 2017.