+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Applicant. OWP approved... Valid for one day only?

juancamilog

Jul 21, 2017
Common-law sponsor.
Inland Applicant living in Montreal.
Currently under study permit until 12/31.
Living together for 4 years (both names on lease).

Applied for Sponsorship + OWP

This is my timeline

Application Received at CPC Missisauga: April 11
AOR: May 23rd
Application linked: May 24
OWP approved: May 30 (???????)

We haven't received the invitation to apply for a CSQ yet. Anyone has any idea how long it takes?

Also, my OWP is useless. It was issued on May 30th 2019, but it expired on May 30th 2019. I received a physical copy in the mail on Friday. Anyone else has experienced something like this?

Thanks!

Juan

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Common-law sponsor.

This is my timeline

We haven't received the invitation to apply for a CSQ yet. Anyone has any idea how long it takes?

Also, my OWP is useless. It was issued on May 30th 2019, but it expired on May 30th 2019. I received a physical copy in the mail on Friday. Anyone else has experienced something like this?

Thanks!

Juan
If you're studying right now you are not allowed to have a WP anyways because your study permit wouldn't be valid and you would have to stop studying.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Common-law sponsor.

This is my timeline

Thanks!

Juan
The OWP expiry is an error. It happens occasionally. You need to send a Webform to inform IRCC and they will re-issue it. Note that if you haven't finished your studies, you will need to stop studying and wait until you are a PR to resume.

gthom

May 12, 2019
Hi
Hopefully someone can help me.
Sponsorship application received March 8 and AOR on May 10.. I’m PR and my wife is on post graduation work Permit, which is going to expire September last week 2019 ,. We didn’t think about submitting open work Permit while we send our application package. Now We’re worried about her status in Canada and what is going to happen after September. So my question is
1) can I add/apply open work Permit now with my sponsorship application even though we have received AOR from IRCC.
2) could we apply through paper application or apply via mycic account online.? because i heard we could apply via online from june 02 2019.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
Hopefully someone can help me.
Sponsorship application received March 8 and AOR on May 10.. I’m PR and my wife is on post graduation work Permit, which is going to expire September last week 2019 ,. We didn’t think about submitting open work Permit while we send our application package. Now We’re worried about her status in Canada and what is going to happen after September. So my question is
1) can I add/apply open work Permit now with my sponsorship application even though we have received AOR from IRCC.
2) could we apply through paper application or apply via mycic account online.? because i heard we could apply via online from june 02 2019.
If you applied inland, she can submit a paper OWP app.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#work

gthom

May 12, 2019
DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA imm 5710
1 * a) What type of work permit are you applying for?
Open work permit
2 Details of my prospective employer (attach original offer of employment)
a) Name of Employer (If you are employed by a foreign employer who has been awarded a contract to provide services to a Canadian entity, please identify the foreign employer here)

Here, do we have to attach job offer letter,? because they re asking for it ? The checklist doesnt say that we need to attach offer of employment.
Thanks in advance.