+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland app: Proof of visitor intentions at border

Annalee123

Jun 30, 2018
I am an Australia applying for PR in Canada. I will apply inland (and will be married).
My fiance and I will be in Australia getting married in November, and have booked a ticket back to Canada in December. I will be entering as a visitor (through eTA).
I have been told I need to prove to the officer that I will leave the country (Canada) before 6 months is up if my PR doesnt go through (and I dont get my work visa), is it okay to just show my bank statement and that I have enough money to buy a plane ticket if need be. Or do I need to actually buy a ticket? I would rather not buy a plane ticket if I dont have to because I plan on just extending my visitor status anyway... What's everyone's opinons? Should I mention my permanent residency plans or not?

Thanks!

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
I am an Australia applying for PR in Canada. I will apply inland (and will be married).
My fiance and I will be in Australia getting married in November, and have booked a ticket back to Canada in December. I will be entering as a visitor (through eTA).
I have been told I need to prove to the officer that I will leave the country (Canada) before 6 months is up if my PR doesnt go through (and I dont get my work visa), is it okay to just show my bank statement and that I have enough money to buy a plane ticket if need be. Or do I need to actually buy a ticket? I would rather not buy a plane ticket if I dont have to because I plan on just extending my visitor status anyway... What's everyone's opinons? Should I mention my permanent residency plans or not?

Thanks!
My husband also came into Canada as a visitor on a one way ticket. We also informed them that we plan to stay long term and apply for his PR/work permit application. They just took down our information and informed my husband that he cannot work/ earn money in any way until he gets his permit. Also that we understood the validity of the visitors visa. They did not ask for any proof. I would advice you to keep your marriage licence/certificate on hand and just tell them your situation, that you plan to send in your application right away. Good luck :)

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
If you don't want to risk not having a return ticket, spend more on a fully refundable one. You can cash it in the next day once you're in!