+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland AOR 2018 - Join here!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
At least since Oct from what I recall. I'm FSW-inland, though, and not CEC
I understand, I am also fsw inland. Why does fsw inland take so long? I was hoping that being in Canada helps. Doesn't seem like it. If anything seems like the opposite

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
I understand, I am also fsw inland. Why does fsw inland take so long? I was hoping that being in Canada helps. Doesn't seem like it. If anything seems like the opposite
here's what I was told by an immigration lawyer, and it makes sense (not saying it's true): CIC only has limited VOs in the country, so they don't have too options to shuffle their workload around. But, as an outland applicant, your file could be sent to or shared with the tens, if not hundreds, of VOs globally. Not sure why the inland files are not shared on the global GCMS database. But yes, we've been here, so it should be faster because we've gone through some of the checks once.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
hmmm, yes, it does make sense but i am not sure if that is the exact process that is followed. Following other threads it seems like a lot of online applications outland applications end up in Ottawa in any case rather than being process in Visa offices abroad.

I hope that they can start processing our cases quicker.

I agree we have gone through some of the checks once and so the process should be faster. Even my student permit took 4 months to come. I was hoping those checks should help.

I could have applied earlier but i didn't want to jeopardize my student permit so I only applied after I came to Canada. sigh

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
hmmm, yes, it does make sense but i am not sure if that is the exact process that is followed. Following other threads it seems like a lot of online applications outland applications end up in Ottawa in any case rather than being process in Visa offices abroad.

I hope that they can start processing our cases quicker.

I agree we have gone through some of the checks once and so the process should be faster. Even my student permit took 4 months to come. I was hoping those checks should help.

I could have applied earlier but i didn't want to jeopardize my student permit so I only applied after I came to Canada. sigh
sigh is all we can do ATM
I've ordered GCMS notes again. I've sent more documents and LOEs and reference letters. I don't know what else can be done.
Have you ordered GCMS notes?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
no i haven't, I am actually a fairly new applicant. My AOR is Nov 7th, much lesser time than you guys.

I read in some thread here on canada visa forum that each of the categories i.e. FSW inland, FSW outland, CEC inland, PNP inland, outland etc each have a quota that is to be fulfilled yearly. Quota not in the strict sense but a certain minimum percentage of processing has to be met. Once the percentage is met for a category the VOs move to other categories to make sure they don't lag behind. IF this theory is true then you guys approaching 6 months should see some action in early 2019, hopefully.

Out of curiosity, what did your first GCMS notes say?

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
no i haven't, I am actually a fairly new applicant. My AOR is Nov 7th, much lesser time than you guys.

I read in some thread here on canada visa forum that each of the categories i.e. FSW inland, FSW outland, CEC inland, PNP inland, outland etc each have a quota that is to be fulfilled yearly. Quota not in the strict sense but a certain minimum percentage of processing has to be met. Once the percentage is met for a category the VOs move to other categories to make sure they don't lag behind. IF this theory is true then you guys approaching 6 months should see some action in early 2019, hopefully.

My notes had review required under employment because "no LOE provided". The best part? I had LOEs for all my employment records and I had reference letters too! So now, I've sent them new LOEs but mentioned that I did send a LOE in my initial submission and included it. As far as I know, LOEs are not mandatory, so I am not sure why my employment is under review. And, I have more 15 years of foreign work experience out of which more than 6 is primary NOC. Ha!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
My notes had review required under employment because "no LOE provided". The best part? I had LOEs for all my employment records and I had reference letters too! So now, I've sent them new LOEs but mentioned that I did send a LOE in my initial submission and included it. As far as I know, LOEs are not mandatory, so I am not sure why my employment is under review. And, I have more 15 years of foreign work experience out of which more than 6 is primary NOC. Ha!
oh man, this is awful. I feel for you.

I hope that theory about quotas is correct and we get to see some action on your profile in January.

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
oh man, this is awful. I feel for you.

I hope that theory about quotas is correct and we get to see some action on your profile in January.
Amen to that! Good luck to you too :)

pranre

Mar 4, 2018
LOE (Letter of Employment) are compulsory.

Reactions: TanuP

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Isn't LOE supposed to be Letter of Explanation and not letter of employment (at least according to the forum lingo?)

Thay

Nov 14, 2016

Hmm i haven't heard this theory before. Anyways, we should see some movement this month regardless :)

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
As per GCMS notes LOE is letter of employment. May be I’m wrong!
I don't know tbh. My notes just say LOE and i thought it was letter of explanation ! I do have reference letters so I'm clueless all the more!