+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial refusal with tons of supporting evidence, now MP involved, will it help?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum an looking for some direction.

I'm in a very difficult situation.
I'm currently 8 months pregnant (34 weeks now) and dealing with an absurd situation in my condition has caused me a lot of stress and depression. My parents, both Colombian citizens, have been refused to come to Canada as a temporary visitor for the birth of my first baby (also their first grandchild) based on the fact, that they made a mistake by re-using a previous Canadian visa application and forgot to update an American visa refusal. They accepted this error and sent a letter explaining that it was a human mistake and how sorry they were about this mistake, it was never their intention to omit this information to the Canadian embassy. After sending this letter, they got refused for misrepresentation with a 5-year ban. After receiving this news, we didn't want to give up and hired an immigration consultant to apply for a reconsideration in this matter. Again, the only reason why they want to come to Canada it's to be able to be part of this big event in our life that only happens once in a lifetime.

My due date is November 10 and the fact of thinking that my mom won't be able to be here for the birth of my baby is awful. This was a human error, which they have accepted, and as a Canadian resident, I have all the rights to have my family for this event. This is perfectly in line with Immigration Canada’s foundation pillar of family reunification, specifically, Family reunification is one of the three pillars of CIC's immigration program. Canadian immigration policy and legislation have a long tradition of supporting family reunification, which permits both recent immigrants and long-established Canadians to be reunited with members of their family.
I'll reach out to my MP to see if they can help me Does anybody has good contacts in Inmigration? Please help me if you can. I'm desperate!
Canada considers spouse and children as the definition of family for all immigration purposes. Would hire a lawyer if you want help and not a consultant. Would see if your MP may be able to help. Perhaps at least minimize or get rid of the ban. They will be able to try to help at the very least.

Deep6644

Sep 21, 2018
It's up to someone to accept/not accept an unbiased view of her/his visa application/visa profile without any rose tinted glasses.

You need to prove your case to IRCC, not to any of us. Feel free to hire the services of an immigration consultant
I am not proving anything in this forum..
this is first time i ever came to this kind of forum and expected some help /possible solutions
rather than just getting solutions to give up
people come here for help , please before giving solution try to think on other persons shoes..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am not proving anything in this forum..
this is first time i ever came to this kind of forum and expected some help /possible solutions
rather than just getting solutions to give up
people come here for help , please before giving solution try to think on other persons shoes..
You were given suggestions.

Personally, I don't believe in giving false assurances to anyone. I would not want to be responsible for someone's visa refusal. So, if I think there's a chance - even a slim chance - I will surely suggest ways to get the visa

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum an looking for some direction.

I'm in a very difficult situation.
I'm currently 8 months pregnant (34 weeks now) and dealing with an absurd situation in my condition has caused me a lot of stress and depression. My parents, both Colombian citizens, have been refused to come to Canada as a temporary visitor for the birth of my first baby (also their first grandchild) based on the fact, that they made a mistake by re-using a previous Canadian visa application and forgot to update an American visa refusal. They accepted this error and sent a letter explaining that it was a human mistake and how sorry they were about this mistake, it was never their intention to omit this information to the Canadian embassy. After sending this letter, they got refused for misrepresentation with a 5-year ban. After receiving this news, we didn't want to give up and hired an immigration consultant to apply for a reconsideration in this matter. Again, the only reason why they want to come to Canada it's to be able to be part of this big event in our life that only happens once in a lifetime.

My due date is November 10 and the fact of thinking that my mom won't be able to be here for the birth of my baby is awful. This was a human error, which they have accepted, and as a Canadian resident, I have all the rights to have my family for this event. This is perfectly in line with Immigration Canada’s foundation pillar of family reunification, specifically, Family reunification is one of the three pillars of CIC's immigration program. Canadian immigration policy and legislation have a long tradition of supporting family reunification, which permits both recent immigrants and long-established Canadians to be reunited with members of their family.
I'll reach out to my MP to see if they can help me Does anybody has good contacts in Inmigration? Please help me if you can. I'm desperate!
It isn't an absurd situation. Failing to disclose a visa refusal is serious misrepresentation. IRCC has no way to verify that it wasn't intentional. People often lie about refusals to make their application look better.

You being a Canadian resident doesn't grant your parents, who are foreign nationals, the right to supercede immigration law to come to Canada

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
please before giving solution try to think on other persons shoes..
I think you will find that those who have provided you advice do look at this from other people’s shoes, those of the visa officers! It’s practical, factual and in most cases, pretty accurate. Your issue is they don’t offer the answer you are hoping for.

Reactions: Bryanna and ankz001

sandy04_2000

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Letters may not help but its sad to say it does help who you know. My wife was refused a trv, understandably so as she had a PR file in place to come live here so that worked against us, but we wanted to be together for the time that was going on. Luckily we had contacts in the gov't, I'm talking Trudeau level contacts (not an exaggeration). I personally went with this contact to see a MP and the MP in front of me called Ottawa, basically said we need to get this trv done they are vouching for it. This happened via speaker phone while I was there. Wife was approved for a three week visa, she came saw what Canada was all about, and left before her time was up following all the rules. I had to keep in touch with the MP's assistant throughout to let them know about my wife's whereabouts, I sent photos of her boarding passes and stamp on her passport when she arrived back in India as proof that she left. MP said this is bs, that they see so many refusals for genuine travelers from south Asian countries that a lot of their time is spent dealing with such issues vs other issues in the community.

Two months after that I applied again, this time I stated your previous concern was that she would not follow the conditions of her visa and she has proven to follow the rules etc etc ....was approved within 7 days from India for multi entry trv. Wife was given 6 months at entry luckily our pr came through month 5 so she didn't have to extend her stay or go back.
Hi,
So that means the MPs do help. My sister's visa has been refused thrice and everytime she applied she got a reason saying she wont go back. I am thinking to apply after speaking to the local MP.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi,
So that means the MPs do help. My sister's visa has been refused thrice and everytime she applied she got a reason saying she wont go back. I am thinking to apply after speaking to the local MP.
In my case it did, MP did not provide a letter but actually made a direct phone call to someone.....im assuming in Ottawa or processing center. Then the MP assistant was in constant contact with us making sure my wife left after 3 weeks. he wanted to see her boarding pass and my wife sent it to him.

sandy04_2000

Star Member
May 4, 2014
In my case it did, MP did not provide a letter but actually made a direct phone call to someone.....im assuming in Ottawa or processing center. Then the MP assistant was in constant contact with us making sure my wife left after 3 weeks. he wanted to see her boarding pass and my wife sent it to him.
Ok got it. Thank you for your response. I will reach out to my local MP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
An MP can’t overcome a weak application. What are your sister’s ties to India? How old is she? Does she a husband or children who will remain behind? A longterm well paying job? Property in her name? Previous travel last especially to countries like UK, US, Australia, etc.? Do you have other siblings? Where do they live? Where do your parents live and do they have a TRV or supervisa to come to Canada? Have they visited before? If they recently applied did they put down similar travel dates to your sister? How long has your sister requested to visit? Do you have other family members who live inCanada? Has she ever applied to study, work or immigrate to Canada? To any other countries?

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
[/QUOT

What your Mp did is quite rare. The fact that you assured your MP that your wife was truly only coming for vacation and must have provided quite a lot of proof somehow made the MP push for the approval. Assume there may have been a reason that pushed your MP like being a health worker, police officer, etc. or part of the workforce that is so in demand that travel abroad is difficult at this moment. The MPs office was clearly quite worried that your wife wasn’t going to go home since most spouses plan on regaining in Canada. If asking for your MP to push for your visa you do have to make sure you are upfront with your true plans and follow through.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi Canuck, my situation occurred 6 years ago, and I admit was quite unique. There was no emergency or anything I just wanted my wife to be here for my brother's wedding. Though the MP was a seasoned MP but what pushed them to do it was my contact within the liberal party. I posted a few years ago that this person had direct contact with Trudeau (like I said back then not an exaggeration). This person vouched for me to the MP, then the MP made the call, the MP was not even in my area and did not know me at all but knew some members of my family and the contact is a family friend.

Because they didn't know me that's why they wanted to make sure she left. We didn't provide any proof just the word of the contact. If we didn't this contact would have been really mad at us for lying to him and would likely hurt the MPs chances of doing this in the future. We had no plans to deceive anyone, after my wife left, I applied on my own and was approved within 7 days in 2016. I guess we had shown to follow rules once.