+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial PR card timeline

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hello,

My wife arrived in Canada on Sept 27, 2021 (spousal sponsorship) but she hasnt received her PR card yet. We intend to travel out of the country on Dec 1. She entered from the U.S. via road border and we reside in Toronto.

We were able to link her app to her cic account on Oct 8 but the status only shows up as submitted.
Is there an approx timeline for initial PR card receipt? Can we expedite the process? Had to wait almost a year for spousal PR, now another wait for the card.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello,

My wife arrived in Canada on Sept 27, 2021 (spousal sponsorship) but she hasnt received her PR card yet. We intend to travel out of the country on Dec 1. She entered from the U.S. via road border and we reside in Toronto.

We were able to link her app to her cic account on Oct 8 but the status only shows up as submitted.
Is there an approx timeline for initial PR card receipt? Can we expedite the process? Had to wait almost a year for spousal PR, now another wait for the card.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Permanent Resident cards

New PR card

127 days

Last update: October 19, 2021

mudaneaarka

Feb 14, 2022
Hello,

Hello Adi92,

I arrived canada same date your wife, did you get any update about the card ?