+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

initial PR card delivered back to CIC office

Ana123456

Oct 12, 2018
Hi @canuck_in_uk

My brother applied for his initial PR card on August 08, 2018.
We called CIC on October 23, 2018 and we got to know that the card was mailed to us and delivered back to CIC for unknown reasons
We updated our address (asked them to mail the card to our lawyer) and they said it will take 6 weeks for the card to be delivered again.

My brother called them today (Dec 04th is exactly 6 weeks) and they said has not been yet delivered and they have no idea when it will be.

Do you have any idea if there is any problem or just a random delay due to the holidays?
Do you think he will receive it before Dec.28. We have to attend a very important family event.

I would appreciate if you can give us your opinion.

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi @canuck_in_uk

My brother applied for his initial PR card on August 08, 2018.
We called CIC on October 23, 2018 and we got to know that the card was mailed to us and delivered back to CIC for unknown reasons
We updated our address (asked them to mail the card to our lawyer) and they said it will take 6 weeks for the card to be delivered again.

My brother called them today (Dec 04th is exactly 6 weeks) and they said has not been yet delivered and they have no idea when it will be.

Do you have any idea if there is any problem or just a random delay due to the holidays?
Do you think he will receive it before Dec.28. We have to attend a very important family event.

I would appreciate if you can give us your opinion.

Thank you
The 6 weeks would not have been an exact time and Canada Post has been on strike.

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi canuck_in_uk ..i think i'm in same boat as above person. how do i know if PR Card is sent back and not lost/stolen ? Also, mine is already 8 business days, damn sure it's sent back because i called North York as Toronto in my address. Can you please tell me if i have to wait for 6 weeks before contacting ? may be Canada post sends it back sooner, may be ? Please Advise...!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi canuck_in_uk ..i think i'm in same boat as above person. how do i know if PR Card is sent back and not lost/stolen ? Also, mine is already 8 business days, damn sure it's sent back because i called North York as Toronto in my address. Can you please tell me if i have to wait for 6 weeks before contacting ? may be Canada post sends it back sooner, may be ? Please Advise...!!!
IRCC won't do anything until it's been 6 weeks.

Ana123456

Oct 12, 2018
My brothers card took 10 business days to arrive. You still dont know if its lost. You can call CIC to ask if it was send back to them. Do you by any chance have a MailForwarding Service? If yes, Canada Post will return the card back to the sender

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My brothers card took 10 business days to arrive. You still dont know if its lost. You can call CIC to ask if it was send back to them. Do you by any chance have a MailForwarding Service? If yes, Canada Post will return the card back to the sender
HI Ana, Thanks for the reply! i don't have mail forwarding. I'm planning to check with CIC within 3 weeks to see if the card was returned. I suspect so because my address says 'Toronto' instead of 'North York' now of course North york is in toronto. They should go by street address,post code and unit. Someone in this forum got their sent back for this reason !