+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial eligibility queries

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi,
1. In order to submit my EoI, do I need anything besides IELTS and a year's experience in a relevant field? If so, please list them down.
2. Secondly, I have been working as a management trainee in a private pharmaceutical factory for the last 5 months. My job pays me through cheque which I usually cash and spend. The salary rarely goes straight to my account. Could this be a problem, when I submit my EoI? I mean my bank statements will not be displaying the transactions.
3. Is there a chance that CIC will consider TOEFL in the near future? Or is there an officially accepted source to benchmark TOEFL's score to IELTS' band?
Thanks.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Hi,
1. In order to submit my EoI, do I need anything besides IELTS and a year's experience in a relevant field? If so, please list them down. You need ECA evaluation of your diplomas if your diploma is not from Canada
2. Secondly, I have been working as a management trainee in a private pharmaceutical factory for the last 5 months. My job pays me through cheque which I usually cash and spend. The salary rarely goes straight to my account. Could this be a problem, when I submit my EoI? I mean my bank statements will not be displaying the transactions. As a rule you need only to provide reference letter from your employer stating the duties and responsibilities and also how many hours you worked and the salary.
3. Is there a chance that CIC will consider TOEFL in the near future? Or is there an officially accepted source to benchmark TOEFL's score to IELTS' band? I dont think they will change to TOEFL. in this website you will find the conversion table https://www.ets.org/toefl/institutions/scores/compare/
Thanks.

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Thanks for the prompt reply.
1. Thanks, I will look into this right away. Hopefully, it isn't barbarically expensive.
2. Does CIC need a year's work experience or a certain number of work hours in a week? Because my regular (excluding paid overtime) weekly work-hours are 50. Which is way higher that a 40 hour week. So if they count hours, I will be able to apply sooner than a year.
3. I meant any conversion authority that CIC will accept. Never mind, I guess I will have to spend another big chunk of my savings on IELTS.
Thanks.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
1. Thanks, I will look into this right away. Hopefully, it isn't barbarically expensive.
2. Does CIC need a year's work experience or a certain number of work hours in a week? Because my regular (excluding paid overtime) weekly work-hours are 50. Which is way higher that a 40 hour week. So if they count hours, I will be able to apply sooner than a year.
3. I meant any conversion authority that CIC will accept. Never mind, I guess I will have to spend another big chunk of my savings on IELTS.
Thanks.
1. WES Fees -> https://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations-and-fees/eca/
2. CIC requires 1-Year Continuous Work Experience of Minimum 30-hours/week. You can even work for 160-hours/week but you need to do it for 1-Year Continuous. For more info -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html
3. In my honest opinion, I do not believe the CIC will consider TOEFL in the near future.

Good luck.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
2. Does CIC need a year's work experience or a certain number of work hours in a week? Because my regular (excluding paid overtime) weekly work-hours are 50. Which is way higher that a 40 hour week. So if they count hours, I will be able to apply sooner than a year. In my opinion they need one full year of work, 40 hours a week. I dont they they will convert your working hours and things like that. The ECA and IELTS preparation will take you some time so you have time to apply
Thanks.

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017

1. WES Fees -> https://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations-and-fees/eca/
2. CIC requires 1-Year Continuous Work Experience of Minimum 30-hours/week. You can even work for 160-hours/week but you need to do it for 1-Year Continuous. For more info -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html
3. In my honest opinion, I do not believe the CIC will consider TOEFL in the near future.

Good luck.
1. Well, like I said, brutally expensive. But still much more affordable than Australia.
2. :( . Is it true that having in the pharmaceutical, I get extra points? Or is it only for pharmacists, professionally?
3. After submitting the EoI, usually on average, how long does it take till I receive ITA? A year, 2, 5 or 10? And is this based on a draw or first come, first serve. My current points as indicated by CRS are approximately 381. Will I stand a chance?

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
1. Well, like I said, brutally expensive. But still much more affordable than Australia.
2. :( . Is it true that having in the pharmaceutical, I get extra points? Or is it only for pharmacists, professionally?
3. After submitting the EoI, usually on average, how long does it take till I receive ITA? A year, 2, 5 or 10? And is this based on a draw or first come, first serve. My current points as indicated by CRS are approximately 381. Will I stand a chance?
In all honestly with your current CRS being at 381, its going to be an upheaval journey. You can try to improve on your IELTS, else try learning French, else try PNP etc. This would increase your overall CRS and hence make you eligible for an ITA at the earliest. You see, getting an ITA is solely based on your CRS score.

Suppose you submitted your profile today with 490 CRS and the next day a draw happens with 450 CRS being the cut-off. You will get your ITA the very next day. Hence receiving an ITA is purely based on your CRS score. Good luck.

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
In all honestly with your current CRS being at 381, its going to be an upheaval journey. You can try to improve on your IELTS, else try learning French, else try PNP etc. This would increase your overall CRS and hence make you eligible for an ITA at the earliest. You see, getting an ITA is solely based on your CRS score.

Suppose you submitted your profile today with 490 CRS and the next day a draw happens with 450 CRS being the cut-off. You will get your ITA the very next day. Hence receiving an ITA is purely based on your CRS score. Good luck.
Oh, okay. Which province will consider a year's experience or some light criteria. I mean which provinces would you suggest. Doesn't matter if it's too cold or ugly or expensive.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Oh, okay. Which province will consider a year's experience or some light criteria. I mean which provinces would you suggest. Doesn't matter if it's too cold or ugly or expensive.
You are eligible for the EE program if you have 1-Year of Continuous Work Experience. I do not believe any provinces will have a lighter criteria as far as the work experience is considered.

Visit the link -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Scroll below you can view the provinces that offer the PNP option. By clicking on their names, you get redirected to the respective homepage of the province. Over there, please go through the PNP requirements.

You need to be alert and visit the pages daily so as to not miss when the province opens up for PNP requests. Good luck.

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
You are eligible for the EE program if you have 1-Year of Continuous Work Experience. I do not believe any provinces will have a lighter criteria as far as the work experience is considered.

Visit the link -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Scroll below you can view the provinces that offer the PNP option. By clicking on their names, you get redirected to the respective homepage of the province. Over there, please go through the PNP requirements.

You need to be alert and visit the pages daily so as to not miss when the province opens up for PNP requests. Good luck.
Thanks. I hope I get selected for the US DV 2019 so that I don't have to go through any of this. Fingers crossed.