Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day everyone,
It has been a long time!!! I hope that what i am going to post will help lots of you.
I enter Canada on October through Toronto; for us immigration was very smooth. We were only asked for
our permanent sheets given by the embassy at home. They just asked me how much money i was bringing.
They didn't request to see it physically. We were not taken to any room nor our luggages were open.
Actually the people at immigration were vey kind and funny.
Our final destination was Edmonton, Alberta.
During the month of October I was able to register my son in school and look for an apartment and googled how the
job market was. During this time I was also able to look into the dentistry cetification.
By mid October I found a place which included a washer and drier inside the apartment.
I moved the first day of November and after a week my son went to another school close in the area without any problem.
I was introduced to some people who adviced me to take my resumes to the temp agencies. During the second week of November
I went to lots of them and left my resume.Afterwards, I was called for interviews.
I started in a 4-day job during the last week of November doing customer service. Then for december I had another job, in an office, for two weeks which was extended for one more week. Thank God!!!!
And , this year has started pretty good working as an administrative assistant.
Where I am getting to is that I never doubted of my capabilities and also someone here wrote "to come to Canada thinking positive."
This is what I did. There are lots of good great jobs in the market. Temp agencies for me have been great and you can start gaining
Canadian experience. Sometime i just wished i could have taken some other courses back home.
Anyways, I am also studying after work to get a canadian certificate in administration while I am waiting to challenge the dental assistant exam. Slowly but confident I am fulfilling my dreams.
People here are very nice and they have been very helpful. Also if you need notarized copies of your documents, the MLA of your community
will do them for free. I am going today to get some.
I am so happy and thankful to God because of everything I am accomplishing.
One advice to everyone is please follow your dreams and persevere. Your attitude is very important.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Very inspiring and positive attitude buddy....Good Work.

I am here in Canada for almost 1-1/2 years. I have sent 1000s of resumes to different companies and agencies. I got a job with someone's reference but have never been called for an interview after that, dont know whats wrong in my resume or qualifications. I hope everything will be alright one day.