+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information urgently needed

H

hardwkr

Hello everyone, would you like to help me by clearifing some doubts?

I came to Canada holding a visitor permit from Mexico where you must know that nowadays the situation is terrible because of high violence. Obviously such a permit has expired and I don't have status.

I never looked for refugee claiming knowing that Canada's immigration policy does not allow us to apply for such porpuse. I want to get back to homeland but my question is How much my overstay will affect me for future applications and what is the penalty? During my stay I archieved some friends who encourage me to follow the established rules, even one of them, offers me job once I do the right things.

I really want to do what they say but how long could it take considering the possible punishment to be received?

Does anybody would be able to clearify my doubt? I will appreciate your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long have you overstayed?

regine

Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hardwkr said:
I came to Canada holding a visitor permit from Mexico where you must know that nowadays the situation is terrible because of high violence.
I never understood this kind of argument for refugee claims. Especially places like Mexico. There are other parts of Mexico where you could relocate to. ::)

Regina has a pretty high crime rate, highest in the country. If people don't like that, or feel unsafe, then they move. They don't claim refugee status in another country.

Anyway, bumped your thread. Hopefully someone can answer you question

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
It's better for you to leave now while no one has found out or reported your overstay than be subjected for removal or worse deportation.

hardwkr said:
I've been overstayed for 2 years now