NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
Hi All,
is Information Technology is still valid for Canada immigration or there is no occupation.

Alwani

Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
So how we can apply, under which category.

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try to get a job there and then apply for AEO, but make sure you get a valid offer and not a fake offer which many consultants will offer you.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
new_2_canada said:
You can try to get a job there and then apply for AEO, but make sure you get a valid offer and not a fake offer which many consultants will offer you.
Yes there are basically 2 ways to apply under FSW Category 2
- Get an AEO, this is an Arranged Employment Offer and basically the employer offers you a job, clears it with HRDSC that no Canadian was suitable - and then they wait for you to get your residency, then you start work once residency is approved
- Get a job offer with an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) approved by HRDSC, once again the employer proving that no Canadians could be found for the position, and then apply for a temporary work permit and begin working in Canada, and apply for residency from within Canada whilst working.

Since few employers are willing to wait 12+ months for your residency application to be approved, LMO with temporary work permit is the most common option for employers. In order to prove that no suitable Canadians could be found to fill the position - they must prove to HRDSC that they have advertised the position for 2 weeks in the past 3 months. They must also prove the position attracts at least the average salary for the job, since they don't want foreign workers coming in and undercutting Canadians by offering to work for low wages.

Any way, however you do it - IMO don't bother with consultants, since there are many dodgy ones out there with fake jobs that do not exist. If you do feel you need a consultant then shop around carefully, drawing off the experiences of other people who have already been down that route with the consultant. And remember, no Canadian employer is going to offer you a job without at least a telephone interview - almost all will want at least one face to face interview as well. So if the consultant says "Hey I got you a job!" and you have never spoken or met the prospectice employers, then the job is almost certainly fake!

Hope this info helps!

Wayne.

Alwani

Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
Thank you for value information. I tried posting my resume but no reply.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Alwani said:
Thank you for value information. I tried posting my resume but no reply.
Posting your resume where?

Email and job sites only make up 20% of the jobs acquired in Canada (I got this from the CIIP course I attended last week). The other 80% are from direct contact with companies and from referrals from people you know.

So the best bet is to use the Internet to find companies who are advertising, and then telephone them and ask to speak to the relevant manager. Canadian employers like to speak to real people. Face to face is best, but telephone is the next best thing until you can line up a face to face interview.

IMO this is best done by booking a holiday to Canada to the area in which you want to live. Then when you phone employers and they ask you "Can you come for an interview" you can say "Yes I will be in Canada between X and Y dates so please give me an interview date!".

Best of luck,
Wayne.

DrSIMRON

May 28, 2011
Cappuccino said:
Posting your resume where?

Email and job sites only make up 20% of the jobs acquired in Canada (I got this from the CIIP course I attended last week). The other 80% are from direct contact with companies and from referrals from people you know.

So the best bet is to use the Internet to find companies who are advertising, and then telephone them and ask to speak to the relevant manager. Canadian employers like to speak to real people. Face to face is best, but telephone is the next best thing until you can line up a face to face interview.

IMO this is best done by booking a holiday to Canada to the area in which you want to live. Then when you phone employers and they ask you "Can you come for an interview" you can say "Yes I will be in Canada between X and Y dates so please give me an interview date!".

Best of luck,
Wayne.
[/quote
Hi wayne what is this ciip course. I am a foreign medical graduate wanting to get medical insurance jobs or public health jobs

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
DEARS,

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS OCCUPATION.

IT WAS REMOVED IN MINISTRIAL INSTRUCTIONS 2, AND NOT INTRODUCED AGAIN IN MINISTRIAL INSTRUCTIONS 3...
ALTHOUGHT, MANY MANY REPORTS AND PUBLICATIONS STATE THAT CANADA HAS A HUGE SHORTAGE IN IT EXPERTS, AND THAT MANY VACANCIES ARE BEING FILLED BY IMMIGRANTS NOT CITIZENS, AND THAT MANY IT EXPERETS ARE RETIRING.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
DrSIMRON said:
Hi wayne what is this ciip course. I am a foreign medical graduate wanting to get medical insurance jobs or public health jobs
Hi - CIIP = Canadian Immigrant Integration Program, and it is a free 2 day course.

You can find out information on it at http://www.newcomersuccess.ca and also I have fully documented our experience on my blog (check the link in my sig!)

Wayne.