+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information Security Management or Information Technology Network Security or Project Management - Information Technology

Mudyman9

Jul 13, 2019
Dear All,

I have a bachelors and masters degree in computer engineering. In order to pursue the student permit plan for canada, I have to choose between 3 courses located in Ontario. Simply seeking real advise as to which course is really wise and holds a long term future options and why. Very much Appreciated.

Option 1
Program: Information Security Management
School: Fanshawe College
Campus: London, Ontario

Option 2
Program: Information Technology Network Security
School: Conestoga College
Campus: Kitchener, Ontario

Option 3
Program: Project Management – Information Technology
School: Seneca College
Campus: Newnham Campus, Toronto, Ontario

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So you already have a bachelors and a masters so have you thought about how you will explain in your application how any one of these courses will improve your prospects on returning to your home country.

Mudyman9

Jul 13, 2019
Bs65, my apologies I forgot to mention I am completely new with student permit idea. I do not know how it works. I simply found these courses and took the minimum year. Could you advise me please.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To qualify for a student permit you must show that the course makes sense based on your previous work and education history. The course must lead to career progression. Have you looked to see if you qualify for economic immigration? Given your debrees it would not make a lot of sense to leave your job to pay a lot of money for a college course. These courses should be available in most countries and are a step back from a masters. You also need to show that you will return to your home country after your course. It is a bit of a game since Canada offers the PGWP so they are offering a pathway to working in Canada but you have to prove that you will return after your studies.