+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information required

Shehryar348

Dec 3, 2019
Hi I am Malik.
I need to ask few questions.
I am an electrical engineer withy CGPA 2.26/4.00.
I want to do master's from any Canadian university in my engineering field.
below are my confusions:
1) if I cannot get admission directly then which university offer pathways to enter into the master's program
2)I am holding BSC-EE degree, what if, I consider doing diploma and then after that will i be able to do my masters or not ?
please help me out.
Thankyou

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Well the main issue is the study permit, not the study of your choice (getting accepted into a DLI is easier than getting a study permit). The visa officer will consider multiple factors including: your age, your intended study, your academic history and your professional history. Opting for a diploma when you already have a degree will up the chance of getting refused a study permit, so I would recommend going for Master's instead.

Reactions: Shehryar348

Shehryar348

Dec 3, 2019
Well the main issue is the study permit, not the study of your choice (getting accepted into a DLI is easier than getting a study permit). The visa officer will consider multiple factors including: your age, your intended study, your academic history and your professional history. Opting for a diploma when you already have a degree will up the chance of getting refused a study permit, so I would recommend going for Master's instead.
but they don't give me direct admission in the masters program as my gpa is low. Is there any university that offers a pathway program to get into masters?

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
but they don't give me direct admission in the masters program as my gpa is low. Is there any university that offers a pathway program to get into masters?
I have no idea. Maybe @tapperb or @primaprime can help you with this one.

Reactions: Shehryar348

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
If you don't feel confident in applying for a masters apply for a post graduate certificate. It is higher than a BSc. Visa officer should not have a problem with this as it is higher education

Hi I am Malik.
I need to ask few questions.
I am an electrical engineer withy CGPA 2.26/4.00.
I want to do master's from any Canadian university in my engineering field.
below are my confusions:
1) if I cannot get admission directly then which university offer pathways to enter into the master's program
2)I am holding BSC-EE degree, what if, I consider doing diploma and then after that will i be able to do my masters or not ?
please help me out.
Thankyou

Shehryar348

Dec 3, 2019
If you don't feel confident in applying for a masters apply for a post graduate certificate. It is higher than a BSc. Visa officer should not have a problem with this as it is higher education
thankyou and upon its completion will i be able to apply for my masters program on this certificate basis

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
thankyou and upon its completion will i be able to apply for my masters program on this certificate basis
Yes however you need to research which university the program will be transferable to which is also available on the program page

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Not necessarily true. A post-graduate diploma or certificate adds nothing to @Shehryar348's profile if they've had several years of work experience. Some universities may allow you to do take a year of preparatory courses before doing a master's but you'd have to contact them to find out specifics.

Shehryar348

Dec 3, 2019
Not necessarily true. A post-graduate diploma or certificate adds nothing to @Shehryar348's profile if they've had several years of work experience. Some universities may allow you to do take a year of preparatory courses before doing a master's but you'd have to contact them to find out specifics.
can you name some universities that you know off which offer preparatory courses before doing masters ?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
There are certain GPAs that have a chance at pre-Master's and others that are not. 2.26 is just way too low in my opinion and I really doubt you'd qualify for a Pre-Master's program. They are generally targeting 2.8-3.2 GPA range with these programs or just shy of making the cut for Master's. I have firsthand knowledge that PG Diplomas do not help with Master's admissions unless you do them at a University. However, the challenge then is to be accepted at those University PG Diploma programs which are generally more competitive. Like it's been said above, do the research and contact people. See if anyone is willing to take a chance on your profile.