+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INFORMATION REQUIRED

ddare05

Oct 24, 2007
Hi folks,
I'm new here and seriously keen on immigrating to canada with my family under the skillerd worker category. Can anyone recommend a competent and reliable immigration lawyer or is it any better processing on my own.
ddare05
Nigeria

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
As to a lawyer being better than doing it on your own, it depends what you're doing. If it's a fairly straightforward application and you're sure you meet the skilled worker requirements, I'd say you should do it on your own.

The real advantage of a lawyer comes from having them look at your application before you send it, and from their helping you if anything unexpected happens. So really the decision's yours. Having a lawyer won't cause CIC to expedite your application.

TG

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
What you can do is apply with the lawyer Cohen in here which is his site. You can also do it on your own and then go see a immigration lawyer just to verify that all is okay before sending it, this way it would cost you less.

It's not hard to do so, its making sure you don't make errors when filling out the forms,
Notarize all copies you make, but give original birth certificates. Pay up all the immigration fees upfront, this will save you months of waiting as it takes time all the back and forth mailings and only the application fee will be retained if you are not accepted.

Also, will you be coming here first on your own or with your family? Make sure your skills are needed in Canada. Read carefully, its not hard to do but its making sure you have done your work properly.

It takes alot of money to immigrate, so if you don't have lots..then forget it especially when a man has a family. Just for a single person you must have 10,000$ equivalent to canadian dollars in the bank unless you have a job in canada that an employer is willing to sponsor you and that no canadian can fill this job..then you don't stand a chance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

DancingFeather said:
1. The OP is in Nigeria according to his post. He would be applying under SAP, no documents are attached to the application.
2. You have to read the appendix A checklist to determine if originals or photocopies of documents are required (Non SAP applications) and whether they have to be certified as true copies or notarized. For example Nairobi requires all original documents, Buffalo requires copies, except for Police Certificates.

PMM