+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information required on Visa Stamping

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi All,

I have received a letter from the Visa office in Islamabad requesting me to send them the following:

1. Updated Proof of Funds
2. Deposit the RPRF
3. Submit passports for Visa Stamping.
4. Perform Medical for my new-born daughter with a DMP.

My questions are as following

1. I'm located in USA right now. I'm planning to send my passports to my family in Pakistan using Courier Service (like FedEx) and according to FedEx in Pakistan they have no issues in sending the passports back to USA after the Visa has been stamped. Do you think there can be an issue in sending the passports to USA? Any experiences in this regard.

2. How long the Visa office in Islamabad can take to stamp the Visa on our passports (including my family). Any experiences in this regard?

Thanks.

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
I believe its illegal to send passports via courier as per Pakistani Law,,,Plz check with friends/relatives. Some people send passports through friends to carry while travelling. Plz verify.

Have u sent an email to CIC regarding Visa Stamping time?

I will really be thankful to all others in this forum or otherwise if anybody can share his/her recent experience of visa stamping time from CHC Islamabad.

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, your thinking/perception was correct. There is no courier company in USA who can deliver passports to Pakistan as the custom regulations of the country do not allow the Passports to be either imported or exported. My family has gone to Pakistan now to deliver our passports locally to the CHC Islamabad via the local official courier service (TCS or Gerry's).

CIC provided us only 30 days to send them the passports and it was delivered to them in time.

May I know, how long it takes for CHC Islamabad to stamp the passports? Any previous experiences in this regard?

Thanks.