+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information required on job and immigration!

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have quite a complicated situation here. My mother (of age 51 years old, though physically very fit) is in need of a job aboard (any good safe country for a woman would do also currency rate higher than Indian rupee). She has completed her degree partially but possess only 10th certificate (as per Indian standards- Secondary School) lost the others due to some other issues. She has worked as a School Administrator for 15 years at a reputed corporate school.

Is there any other way to immigrate aboard with a job offer (besides searching for a employer in job bank under unskilled labor and applying for the immigration). I have searched many consultancies in India, which could provide a job and assist in immigration,but in vain.

I am not much well aware of jobs and immigration thing, though I have researched a lot myself. I come here for some guidance and help. Just looking for some administrative job as such. (or a supervisor, any field would do. I am sure she is gonna pick up well)...

Any inputs here are truly appreciated. Kind of an important thing for me at hand..

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
Sparsha

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Securing a job offer from abroad tends to extremely difficult due to the effort the employer has to go through to get approval to hire the foreign workers. Most employers simply aren't interested in going through the effort to hire a foreign workers. Unless she has some extremely specialized skills, I would say you should assume this won't be possible for her. Probably the only realistic option I see is if she either takes a full time six month course related to being a live in caregiver or if she obtains one year of full time paid experience in her home country as a caregiver - then she might be able to secure a job in Canada in this field. However she needs to either have the education or experience and it has to be recent (the past three years) - otherwise Canada won't accept her.

Immigrating at her age will unfortunately be extremely difficult as well - if not impossible. Most of Canada's immigration systems are points based and she will lose a significant number of points due to her age. Additionally, her level of education will make it even more difficult to immigrate and she will lose additional points for not having advanced education. If you are a PR or planning to immigrate, then once you've worked in Canada for three years (and assuming you make enough income) - you can put your name in the parent/grandparent sponsorship lottery. If selected, you can then sponsor her for PR. However this option is obviously years away.

Agencies who offer jobs in return for money are scams. She needs to find a job on her own without the help of an agency.

Reactions: Sparsha

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Scylla.. That was a great deal of information.. you know any other country where she could obtain a job offer with some good pay?..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Scylla.. That was a great deal of information.. you know any other country where she could obtain a job offer with some good pay?..
No - I don't.