+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information regarding visa extension. Please advise.

Innd

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
My boyfriend is here for a visit. He got 5 months to stay here. His visa will expire in May 2018. We want to extend his visa for a least 7 more months so that we can apply for common law. He's technically married in the Philippines because in the Philippines we don't have a divorce. But he's been separated with his wife for about 5 years now. ( not legally). What is the best way to go about our situation? We cannot get married because he's not divorce, so only common law would be the way to go. Also, when he came here, we did not mention that we are in a relationship because his passport is still married. Please advise.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
My boyfriend is here for a visit. He got 5 months to stay here. His visa will expire in May 2018. We want to extend his visa for a least 7 more months so that we can apply for common law. He's technically married in the Philippines because in the Philippines we don't have a divorce. But he's been separated with his wife for about 5 years now. ( not legally). What is the best way to go about our situation? We cannot get married because he's not divorce, so only common law would be the way to go. Also, when he came here, we did not mention that we are in a relationship because his passport is still married. Please advise.
I highly recommend you to talk to an immigration lawyer. Your boyfriend will need to send copy of his passport with the sponsorship application.