+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information on Temporary Visitor Visa

Kalandar

Aug 21, 2014
Hello Folks,

My friend had applied visitor visa for Canada in March from India and his biometrics was done in the same month, however its July now, and after 5 months there is still no information on his visitor visa yet. Really appreciate if anyone could advise if someone has got there visitor visa approved and how long did it take to complete.

Also, if there is some which could be done in order to check the status as there is no way he getting to know the status of the visa.

Look forward for any info/suggestions on the same

Regards,

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Folks,

My friend had applied visitor visa for Canada in March from India and his biometrics was done in the same month, however its July now, and after 5 months there is still no information on his visitor visa yet. Really appreciate if anyone could advise if someone has got there visitor visa approved and how long did it take to complete.

Also, if there is some which could be done in order to check the status as there is no way he getting to know the status of the visa.

Look forward for any info/suggestions on the same

Regards,
If you spend some time and read through the forum you will find plenty of people who got their visa approved. The timeline for the visitor visa is not consistent. Some people have received their visa in a few weeks while many are waiting for many months without a response.

There is no way to check the status. You just have to wait.

Kalandar

Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for the response @cansha, I didnt get any relevant response on the same. Appreciate if you could share any known reasons for the delay!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the response @cansha, I didnt get any relevant response on the same. Appreciate if you could share any known reasons for the delay!
I'm not sure what you mean by "I didnt get any relevant response on the same". You need to read through the existing discussions in this section of the forum. There are already many existing threads dealing with processing times. If you want more information on how long it has taken for others and who is still waiting, you need to spend time reading through this information.

The general reason for the delay is high application volumes and application backlogs. That's pretty much it.