+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information on medical examination and flagpoling

Bug3005

Mar 2, 2020
Hello everyone, I have an open work permit with the condition that I can’t work with children or in healthcare. My question is- I have booked my medical with a panel physician and they said they upload the results onto the cic page. I want to speed up the process so I am hoping to flag pole at the USA border. Does anybody know how I check on the status of my medical results and what the status needs to say before I can flagpole? I don’t currently have an open case on the cic website as I already have a permit. If anyone can help and also share their experience in flag poling it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to find a number to call immigration for the past 3 hours but no luck so far.
Thanks

Bug3005

Mar 2, 2020
Unsure if it’s clear in my previous post- I want to take off the condition as I am trained in teaching

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone, I have an open work permit with the condition that I can’t work with children or in healthcare. My question is- I have booked my medical with a panel physician and they said they upload the results onto the cic page. I want to speed up the process so I am hoping to flag pole at the USA border. Does anybody know how I check on the status of my medical results and what the status needs to say before I can flagpole? I don’t currently have an open case on the cic website as I already have a permit. If anyone can help and also share their experience in flag poling it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to find a number to call immigration for the past 3 hours but no luck so far.
Thanks
You can't check the status of the medical. Give it at least a few weeks between doing the medical and flagpoling.

Bug3005

Mar 2, 2020
Okay thanks- but how will I know it is done within the few weeks? It’s a long trip to go and then get denied. I’m just on a bit of a time restraint as I have been offered a job without realising these restrictions. Thanks

Bug3005

Mar 2, 2020
And I know everybody has different circumstances but would you say flagpoling is a quicker way than doing the application online?

thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay thanks- but how will I know it is done within the few weeks? It’s a long trip to go and then get denied. I’m just on a bit of a time restraint as I have been offered a job without realising these restrictions. Thanks
You could try to contact the relevant Regional Medical Office but they may not be able to confirm anything.

And I know everybody has different circumstances but would you say flagpoling is a quicker way than doing the application online?

thanks
Of course. An online app will take many months.

Bug3005

Mar 2, 2020
Thanks Canuck uk. I have had my medicals today and the doctor says that the results will be online by Friday. The doctor seemed to think that I still need to do an online application in order for the border to see my medical results. Do you know if that’s correct? He said he wasn’t 100% sure. I still can’t get in touch with anyone by phone and the immigration office in downtown is appointment only.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks Canuck uk. I have had my medicals today and the doctor says that the results will be online by Friday. The doctor seemed to think that I still need to do an online application in order for the border to see my medical results. Do you know if that’s correct? He said he wasn’t 100% sure. I still can’t get in touch with anyone by phone and the immigration office in downtown is appointment only.
You can flagpole but CBSA sometimes doesn't process apps and tells people to apply online. The medical has to actually be reviewed by an IRCC medical officer. This generally takes several weeks.

Bug3005

Mar 2, 2020
Okay thanks- but do you know if I need to do an online application anyway even if I am planning on flagpoling?

Bug3005

Mar 2, 2020
Sorry I know I keep asking similar questions but I’m still not quite getting it. The doctor said today that in order for my emedical results to be seen by immigration then I need to make an account using the umi number on my medical info sheet. I can’t find a way of just creating a profile without actually starting an application online. It’s so frustrating as I have read through lots of forums and information online and can’t find answers anywhere thanks so much for all your help though!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sorry I know I keep asking similar questions but I’m still not quite getting it. The doctor said today that in order for my emedical results to be seen by immigration then I need to make an account using the umi number on my medical info sheet. I can’t find a way of just creating a profile without actually starting an application online. It’s so frustrating as I have read through lots of forums and information online and can’t find answers anywhere thanks so much for all your help though!
No idea what the doctor is talking about. Once the medical is reviewed, CBSA should be able to look it up using the receipt given to you with the UMI number.

Bug3005

Mar 2, 2020
Okay last question (I hope). Now I have done my medicals and have a UMI number I don’t have to do anything online. I just have to wait 3 or so weeks before going to the border and all being well they should be able to process my new work permit there? If I did start an online application aswell would this affect my chances of getting a work permit renewal at the border?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay last question (I hope). Now I have done my medicals and have a UMI number I don’t have to do anything online. I just have to wait 3 or so weeks before going to the border and all being well they should be able to process my new work permit there? If I did start an online application aswell would this affect my chances of getting a work permit renewal at the border?
Provided CBSA decides to process it, yes.

No, having an online app wouldn't effect it.