+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information on express entry

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Express Entry is a "Filter" mechanism for PR applicants who are eligible under one of Canada's Economic Immigration Classes: CEC/FWS/FSTP
To determine if you are eligible to enter the pool of express entry, use the eligibility tool under CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

If the tool tells you that you may be eligible to move to Canada based on one of the economic classes, then you can create a profile under express entry to enter the pool.

There has been some misconception on this forum that you can enter the express entry pool no matter what. That is not correct. You must be eligible under one of the programs mentioned above first, to be eligible to enter the pool. Then, if you are eligible, and enter the pool, you may receive an Invitation to Apply from CIC if you rank high enough in the Express Entry system

Hope this helped. First step, find out if you're eligible to enter the express entry pool.

chandrar

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Thanks i have the below can u let me know do i quality

canadian equavalance masters degree

ietls score R:7 S:7.5 W:6 L:7.5

work experience: 6.3 years

I am married and have 1 kid

how many points can i get for 1200

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
chandrar said:
Thanks i have the below can u let me know do i quality

canadian equavalance masters degree

ietls score R:7 S:7.5 W:6 L:7.5

work experience: 6.3 years

I am married and have 1 kid

how many points can i get for 1200
Chandrar,

Did you use the tool to assess if you're eligible?

Wekk Chandd

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
chandrar said:
yes it said you may be eligile to work it did not showed any point calculation etc
In that case you may be eligible to "work" in Canada under a Work Permit. Expres Entry does not apply to Work Permit. It is only for those eligible to Immigrate to Canada as a Permanent Resident.

To learn a bit more about your case, answer these questions for me:

1) You mentioned that you have 6 years of work experience. What National Occupation Code (NOC) is your work experience in?
You can find out more about NOC from this website:http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*

2) Do you have any work experience under NOC 0, A or B in Canada? If so, how long?

3) Do you have a valid permanent full-time job offer from a Canadian Employer supported by a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment?

chandrar

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
cecandconfused said:
In that case you may be eligible to "work" in Canada under a Work Permit. Expres Entry does not apply to Work Permit. It is only for those eligible to Immigrate to Canada as a Permanent Resident.

To learn a bit more about your case, answer these questions for me:

1) You mentioned that you have 6 years of work experience. What National Occupation Code (NOC) is your work experience in?
You can find out more about NOC from this website:http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*

I work under NOC 2172 for which i have 6 yrs of experience

2) Do you have any work experience under NOC 0, A or B in Canada? If so, how long?

NOC A 6 yrs

3) Do you have a valid permanent full-time job offer from a Canadian Employer supported by a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment?

NO
please find my answers

SS1706

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
sent with doc
Thanks for your input. Just correct me if I am wrong , while going through the below link I found that only NOC which were listed during FSW 2014 are there (e.g NOC 2134 Chemical Engineering is missing) also I cannot find anywhere to enter the English or French proficiency score.

I suppose that since EE will not be NOC based however people need to qualify under listed FSW or other program,hence site will be revised keeping in all the NOC which are applicable to FSW.

Pls provide your valuable feedback.

Rgds

cecandconfused said:
Express Entry is a "Filter" mechanism for PR applicants who are eligible under one of Canada's Economic Immigration Classes: CEC/FWS/FSTP
To determine if you are eligible to enter the pool of express entry, use the eligibility tool under CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

If the tool tells you that you may be eligible to move to Canada based on one of the economic classes, then you can create a profile under express entry to enter the pool.

There has been some misconception on this forum that you can enter the express entry pool no matter what. That is not correct. You must be eligible under one of the programs mentioned above first, to be eligible to enter the pool. Then, if you are eligible, and enter the pool, you may receive an Invitation to Apply from CIC if you rank high enough in the Express Entry system

Hope this helped. First step, find out if you're eligible to enter the express entry pool.